Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 20, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #8,266 of 9,690
Please stop spamming. If you feel the need to reply to several people, do it in a single post. The edit function is there for a reason. Use it.

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #8,267 of 9,690
Aug 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #8,268 of 9,690
bump? :ksc75smile:

Hello.

I've owned the TF10 for 4 years.....

But now i think i fell for the new crop of Sony IEM professional series such as the MDR EX800st and MDR 7550 (dynamic IEMs) after reading the reviews , and i'm seriously thinking about trading in my TF10 just so i can acquire one of the sonys i mentioned.

I want rugged studio grade/quality IEMs… but do i have a lot to lose if i pursuit this?

Aug 21, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #8,269 of 9,690
Quote:
bump?
ksc75smile.gif

I've got a pair of 7550s on the way. I could do a side by side if you'd like.

Aug 22, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #8,270 of 9,690
Quote:

well here are my little comparisons from their data published,and what would you choose? :D

Furutech:-                                                          FiiO:-
pailiccs connector(may be clone) but can't fit
3.5mm female on players/devices that have
protective case as no presence of additional
4-5mm stem to accommodate.it's a pain.         -   it's there and nice strain relief too!

braided with 2X (two cores) wires                     -   11 pieces of wire cores of single wire times 8 where
                                                                        each 2*single wires terminated to R+,R-,L+,L-.

looks very cheap on the cable especially pin     -   good plastics,UE type pin connector looks
connectors & plastic                                           cool,legit workmanship.

no core(wire) specs revealed                            -   silver plated copper wire.

3 business days after received clear payment    -   98% Orders shipped next working day.
$35.99 item price                                                $29.99 item price ($6 save).
$2 S/H charges                                                   Free worldwide shipping ($2 save).

above is a basic info on comparison to fellow head-fi'ers & no way an attempt to promote or degrade any component and alike.....

gud luck comrades...

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #8,271 of 9,690
Of all the headphones and iems I have ever owned the TripleFi 10 is the headphone that I regret selling the most. I saw a good deal on a brand new TF10 and couldn't resist snapping it up. Can't wait to be reunited with them!

Aug 22, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #8,272 of 9,690
Quote:

well here are my little comparisons from their data published,and what would you choose? :D

4-5mm stem to accommodate.it's a pain.         -   it's there and nice strain relief too!

braided with 2X (two cores) wires                     -   11 pieces of wire cores of single wire times 8 where

looks very cheap on the cable especially pin     -   good plastics,UE type pin connector looks
connectors & plastic                                           cool,legit workmanship.

no core(wire) specs revealed                            -   silver plated copper wire.

3 business days after received clear payment    -   98% Orders shipped next working day.
$35.99 item price                                                $29.99 item price ($6 save).
$2 S/H charges                                                   Free worldwide shipping ($2 save).

above is a basic info on comparison to fellow head-fi'ers & no way an attempt to promote or degrade any component and alike.....

gud luck comrades...

Ahh crap. Now it's out of stock. :/

Thanks for the comparison!

Aug 23, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #8,273 of 9,690
I just got a nice set of Hybrid Chris_Himself cables for my TF 10s (copper/silver) to replace my stock cables (my first set wore out, as UE cables do), I plugged in the stock backup cables that I bought when I got the 10s a few years ago (I've had a number of UE iems, I know the drill), and then thought, why not an upgrade?  Just plugged the Hybrids in and listened for an hour or so (no "burn in" as I'm not convinced that a non-moving wire requires such) and am very happy with the sound coming from my WAV files>Colorfly C3>B&H CC w/silver cable>TF 10s.  Took a hundred bucks and three weeks, but in the first hour that seems to be a good investment.  If anyone is looking for good upgrade cables, I'd suggest looking into these or the higher-end pure silver ones.    

Aug 27, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #8,274 of 9,690
Quote:

gud luck comrades...

Are the Furutech that much worse? My cable is breaking at the seams and I'm getting desperate. :)

Aug 28, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #8,275 of 9,690
Lune MK3 just came in the mail. Packaging and build quality has improved even more than when I got my Aretes.

A few shots:

Aug 28, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #8,278 of 9,690
Sorry for hijack the thread but I've been looking for a broken of functional tf10 to reshell, if somebody has one to sell here's the link

http://www.head-fi.org/t/678962/wtb-broken-or-functional-tf10-to-a-good-home-or-any-3x-ba-iems#post_9747742

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #8,279 of 9,690
Quote:
u have the stock cable now that's counting it's days? where exactly breaking? near the 3.5mm jack or near the earplug sockets?

Both. :/

Aug 29, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #8,280 of 9,690
Quote:

Both. :/

hmm......meantime I feel these are ok if don't want to wait for FiiO silver ones from mp4nation. mic built-in, like VI cables. juicy!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Ears-UE-triplefi-10vi-cable-mic-control-talk-remote-5-pro-sf3-iphone-/200956924932?pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2ec9f75404

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Ears-Replacement-Cable-w-Mic-UE-TripleFi-10vi-10-Pro-5-Pro-For-iPhone-/380553440494?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item589ac0acee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back