Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 12, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #8,236 of 9,690
I plan on foam tips...and sibilance disperses after some usage....from what I've read..plus I can get GR07 100 dollars cheaper!!

I've had both and I don't think
Sibilance is really an issue unless you're using low quality audio files. The mk2/BE certainly justify they're own price tag in SQ in any case.

Aug 15, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #8,237 of 9,690
Why did these get discontinued?  I love mine so much.. !

I came here to ask about getting a replacement cable (like my 8th. I owned the 5 EB before and now the 10s). It's like every time I need one their price increases. how is that possible.. ? $40++ for a cable?

Is there a place to get them cheaper? Or can someone maybe help me rationalize paying so much for a piece of metal wire encased in plastic? :)

Aug 15, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #8,238 of 9,690
Quote:

I came here to ask about getting a replacement cable (like my 8th. I owned the 5 EB before and now the 10s). It's like every time I need one their price increases. how is that possible.. ? $40++ for a cable?

Is there a place to get them cheaper? Or can someone maybe help me rationalize paying so much for a piece of metal wire encased in plastic? :)

Get on eBay! There are plenty in the $20-30 range. You could also take better care of them :)

Aug 16, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #8,239 of 9,690
Aug 16, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #8,240 of 9,690
Quote:

Decent cable, many people have had success with these and you cannot argue with that price at all! :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Furutech-Ultimate-Ears-upgrade-cable-UE-tf10-SF-3-SF5-in-Red-White-/251294237841?pt=US_Music_Mixed_Lots_Other_Formats&hash=item3a824dc491

Aug 16, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #8,241 of 9,690
Awesome, thank you!

So why did they discontinue them?

Aug 16, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #8,242 of 9,690
Quote:
Awesome, thank you!

So why did they discontinue them?

I have a feeling it may be the warranty related issues, complexity of manufacture in a growingly expensive world to do business in, Logitech's moving on with the UE900 series, and just that the TF10 represented the "old UE" that Jerry Harvey left behind. Now the custom UE is very much the same, Logitech just pays the bills, but Logitech sells IEM's as premium convenience items that are easy accessible to the market thanks to Logitech's vast resources. 

For example, I used to take price that my UE SF5 Pro's were something I had to go on Amazon and do legitimate research. Eventually I went on to COLLECT them from the SF3, SF5, SF5 Pro, SF5EB, and TF10vi. UE had a very cool vibe to it and wasn't shy to flex it's CIEM roots to push their production stuff. These days UE is targeted IMO towards anybody wandering around with cash in hand by selling "premium" earphones vs what could be considered state of the art like in the old days.

UE900 sound is pretty good, it's almost the same, and Logitech's customer service isnt' that bad if you get a good representative, so no complaints from me. If I want to get the good stuff, their customs department is doing astonishly well these days even in the face of strong overseas competition that can sometimes undercut them pricewise. Hell I have UERM, Heir 8's and JH13's under the same roof (it took 2 years lol, I'm not rich).. love 'em both and I couldn't tell you which one I like better. UE however, was the one to wait hand and foot until I was happy and I bought mine through a PERSONAL contact I met at a Head-Fi show. Service, redefined.

Aug 16, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #8,243 of 9,690
Aug 16, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #8,244 of 9,690
It's a pity Sunricky doesn't have the Roll and Rock Version 2 upgrade cable for TF10.

I'd be all over that one!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roll-and-Rock-Version-2-upgrade-cable-for-Sennheiser-IE8-IE80-/251321014822?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a83e65a26

Aug 16, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #8,245 of 9,690
Aug 16, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #8,246 of 9,690
http://www.null-audio.com/store/lune-series-earphone-cable-c-65/lune-series-mkiii-replacement-cable-for-ue-triplefi-10-tf10-p-227.html?zenid=07fmnjc8dsk7v8ep67aqk3fco5

My replacements cables should be here sometime next week. Was originally a sleeved Arete, but due to them being out of stock.... :wink: Can't wait to get them so I can bring my TF10s back to life again.

Aug 18, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #8,248 of 9,690
So this dude has all sorts of UE cables and, while the main difference seems to be their color, he also has funky descriptions for their sound signatures:

[size=small]Characteristics: Sound is transparent and sweet, good for  long time to listen vocal and pop music.[/size]

[size=small]Characteristics: Dramatically improves sound quality without altering original characteristics. Compact and Solid Mid Frequencies, Filling Mid Frequencies, Exquisite and transparent High Frequencies. Improve blurred sound.[/size]

etc.

Should I just buy the color I like best? 
o2smile.gif

Aug 18, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #8,249 of 9,690
Hello.

I've owned the TF10 for 4 years.....

But now i think i fell for the new crop of Sony IEM professional series such as the MDR EX800st and MDR 7550 (dynamic IEMs) after reading the reviews , and i'm seriously thinking about trading in my TF10 just so i can acquire one of the sonys i mentioned.

I want rugged studio grade/quality IEMs… but do i have a lot to lose if i pursuit this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back