Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jun 12, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #8,101 of 9,690
Quote:
Most people here who needed to send discontinued TF10 in for warranty replacement have received UE900 as replacement.. I would asking to speak to someone else or phoning them directly. What you're being offered does not sound right at all

They went up to a UE 600 or a refund of what I paid. Pretty bs. Im going to try calling them tomorrow.

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM Post #8,103 of 9,690
Quote:

They went up to a UE 600 or a refund of what I paid. Pretty bs. Im going to try calling them tomorrow.

dont give in i eventually convinced them to give me the ue900 for replacements just keep nagging them about them. just spew out some bs on how it really is unfair and theyll eventually give in

Jun 13, 2013 at 2:34 AM Post #8,104 of 9,690
Logitech is actually known for decent CS, so I would be surprised if they don't go the full "the customer is right" direction on this.

Jun 14, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #8,105 of 9,690
Quote:
Logitech is actually known for decent CS, so I would be surprised if they don't go the full "the customer is right" direction on this.

Called them again and they turned me down again. Their rep was nice but whoever she had to ask for approval from said no and would only offer me my receipt price of what I paid.

Jun 15, 2013 at 9:14 AM Post #8,106 of 9,690
I'd be upset..so upset I'd go pay them a personal visit....

Go get what's yours :).

Jun 15, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #8,110 of 9,690
^Tell them you will split the cost. Just because you own a flagship doesn't give you the replacement upgrade with each new generation as yours breaks. I know that Shure did something with their newer models where if you sent in your old flagship and $100, they would give you the new one. (Which is a huge discount... I would try something similar for the UE900.)

Jun 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #8,113 of 9,690
Hi all,

I'm using the largest stocked tips and I'm not able to get a good fit.

I did some research, is this the best but it's at $20 a bit on the high side.
http://www.monstercable.com/productdisplay.asp?pin=5942

I have tried the Sonys but the fit is terrible as well.

Any cheaper alternatives or I should just go ahead with the Monster.

Thanks.

Jun 18, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #8,114 of 9,690
Quote:

Called them again and they turned me down again. Their rep was nice but whoever she had to ask for approval from said no and would only offer me my receipt price of what I paid.

I'm actually going through this exact process right now. Bought the IEMs back in 2011 and the manual and box clearly say 2 year warranty. But what they are telling me is that they will only offer me the UE600 as a "Courtesy" replacement and saying that it was worth more than what i paid for the tf10s. 

Jun 18, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #8,115 of 9,690
IMHO they owe you a working TF10, or better. Not a lesser product.

Suggestions:

Ask their name and use it throughout the conversion. Be polite, but firm. Always keep your cool.

Don't be overly focused on the 900. Keep telling them you would be fine with a new or repaired TF10, but the 600 is unacceptable.

Ask them to put themselves in your shoes.

Read them the terms right off of the warranty card.

Ask them to explain to you where the purchase price comes into these warranty terms.

Ask to speak with someone with the the authority to honor the warranty as written.

Write a letter to the head of the UE division (or the President of Logitech) asking them to please solve the problem. Send it FedEx (2-3 day service is OK).

If all else fails tell them you will be taking them to small claims court, and do so if needed. They'll likely take care of you as soon as their legal deptartment gets the documents from the court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back