Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jun 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #8,086 of 9,690
so i'm interested in buying a pair of tf10 to compare to my gr07 BE, where's the best place to buy them and when? i know of the amazon black friday sale,but i'm skeptical of whether it'll actually go down to $99. Should i just stick it out till black friday? Or is there another time I should buy? I really don't want to spend over $120 for them because I only want them to compliment the BE's. Many thanks in advance :)

Jun 9, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #8,088 of 9,690
so i'm interested in buying a pair of tf10 to compare to my gr07 BE, where's the best place to buy them and when? i know of the amazon black friday sale,but i'm skeptical of whether it'll actually go down to $99. Should i just stick it out till black friday? Or is there another time I should buy? I really don't want to spend over $120 for them because I only want them to compliment the BE's. Many thanks in advance :)

I think I read somewhere that Amazon has exhausted all of their remaining stock, so whatever you see on there is solely marketplace sold items. Your best bet is probably a used pair. If someone is trying to get over $120 for them now, they're full of it.

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #8,089 of 9,690
darn it :frowning2: thanks :) If anything i would like a more energetic GR07 BE with removable cables and i thought the tf10 would be a good option.Is there anything else like the tf 10 (v shaped sound,removable cables)? Rule out ue900 and westone 3 because they're too expensive :/ I should also note drum n bass/ daft punk/deadmau5 /knife party are my favorite genres/artists. thanks :)

Jun 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #8,090 of 9,690
It's been quite a long time since I've been in the market for IEMs as the TF10s were my ultimate ideal IEM. That being said, they are worth their weight in gold. If you're paying upwards of $150 for a set, then you should be expecting a Blue Dragon cable to be coming with it. I would make $150 your absolute top floor for buying these used, and even then, you could probably talk the seller down.

As for the sound, I've had a bit of experience with Daft Punk (I like EDM, dubstep, and D&B, but they're not really my style) and it sounds really good. It's very appreciable how well their albums are produced and mastered. deadmau5, I have more experience with as I actually like a few of his songs, and let me tell you, 'Ghosts 'n' Stuff' sounds really good through them.

Also, curious about two things:

Why the interest in removable cables?

&

How do the BEs sound?

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #8,091 of 9,690
The BE's are an interesting iem.From a fully burnt in technical standpoint,they sound like the Weston UM3x RC,but the BE's don't smack you in the face with it's amazingness. Rather, they allow the listener to slowly grow to appreciate the sound. Over time, i never thought it was anything spectacular until i went back to my mh1c, and fvc fxt90, which in my opinion sound muddier than the BE's.The overall sound is fantastic,but you really have to focus to enjoy the sound.I'm looking for an iem with removable cables because i've had a long history of ruining Iem cables due to freak accidents.Furthermore, a removable cable will let me use headsets with my phone.I have a pair of modded Sennheiser HD 439's with a removable cable and i just love them that much more because i have the comfort of knowing i have the option of replacing the cable should something happen.All in all, I just want an iem which can give me sound that will blow me away instantly,like the UM3x RC did for me,but for a lower price. I mean really, $400 for an iem? :p

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #8,092 of 9,690
That makes sense with the cables.  Just me being curious.

And you've gotta remember the TF10 was a $350-400 IEM in it's prime :p.  Also, the TF10 will catch you off guard as it will serenade you with its' sound when you least expect it.  Even though the mids are recessed a bit, it still retains detail and creates good emotion.

Also to give you some info on quality:

My first pair of TF10s separated at the nozzle and their ear piece (where it changes from that somewhat translucent blue to the metallic/shiny blue).  This was from me laying down on my side (keep in mind my pair were already flip-modded and were flush with my ears).  That was the crankiest way to wake up from an otherwise good nap :frowning2:.  

I have not however, on either of the two pairs I've had, had a cable problem.  Then again, I was pretty good about taking care of them.  

Jun 10, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #8,093 of 9,690
for those who love TF10 you must check T Peos H200, i have both and after hearing H200 there is no way back. TF10 sounds vieled and mechanical in comparison, H200 just breaths in life and retains great detail while bass is gets detail and air without losing boost.

Jun 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #8,094 of 9,690
Quote:
for those who love TF10 you must check T Peos H200, i have both and after hearing H200 there is no way back. TF10 sounds vieled and mechanical in comparison, H200 just breaths in life and retains great detail while bass is gets detail and air without losing boost.

Yes, agreed, the H200 is a great earphone. The lower priced T-Peos H100 actually shares a lot of the sound stage of the original TF10.

Off topic, I just ordered a re-shell service for my TF10's, never liked them because of their size/shape and the way they sat in your ears. Looking forward to the re-shell to get some use out of them. With the better isolation of a custom they should sound better as well.

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #8,095 of 9,690
Those look very interesting.  Best place to actually purchase them?

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #8,096 of 9,690
The tf 10 are very energetic. The U shape sound puts all the instruments right in your face. The noise isolation is as good as your going to get with iems. Just get them you will be very happy. They sell after market ear tips that are comply foam and smaller than the stock if size is an issue.

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #8,097 of 9,690
My TripleFi 10s went out again and Logitech is offering me a UE500vi for replacement because they don't have anymore. Really.. a 500vi? Originally $400 earphones for something around $60 with a single driver? Ugh.

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #8,098 of 9,690
My TripleFi 10s went out again and Logitech is offering me a UE500vi for replacement because they don't have anymore. Really.. a 500vi? Originally $400 earphones for something around $60 with a single driver? Ugh.

Most people here who needed to send discontinued TF10 in for warranty replacement have received UE900 as replacement.. I would asking to speak to someone else or phoning them directly. What you're being offered does not sound right at all

Jun 11, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #8,100 of 9,690
Yea I replied to them saying that the 500vi are no way comparable and the UE 900 is what would match up. Let's see what they say.

On the other hand is anyone here looking for a replacement cable for the Triple Fi 10? I had Chris_Himself make me one with silver/copper but I didnt get a chance to use them as my TF10s broke before I got them. I'd be willing to sell them and you wouldn't have to wait for Chris to make them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back