Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #7,996 of 9,690
Sunricky's cables on eBay are not bad. Also worth looking at Chris_Himself's cables as well if you're looking to spend under $100. Ultimately though, the lifetime of your cable depends entirely on how you handle them.

Apr 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #7,997 of 9,690
Quote:
hmm i'm using a Zune HD so I dont have EQ unfortunately.

I listen to electronic music mostly and usually listen to it on my KRK studio monitors and Sub at home, plays well with strong and clear low freq.  I find the TF10's are a little light on the low freq though they are super clear and wide, i'd prefer to have a stronger low end than make it wider.

is it really a noticeable difference in it or very slight?

There is a EQ but it's all pre-set...

Apr 23, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #7,999 of 9,690
Re-Cable recommendations and tip recommendations please.

The Monster Supertips (gel ones) are superb with the TF10s. Amazon often has the sampler kit (with assorted sizes) on sale.

Clean them off first as they seem to come with an initial slippery coating. Also I've found giving them 10-15 seconds to warm-up makes getting a good seal quick and easy. I'll put them loosely in my ears then turn on my player & connect the headphones, etc. - then finish inserting.

-Eric

Apr 23, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #8,000 of 9,690
Quote:
Sunricky's cables on eBay are not bad. Also worth looking at Chris_Himself's cables as well if you're looking to spend under $100. Ultimately though, the lifetime of your cable depends entirely on how you handle them.

Or if the builder repairs all cables for ya for the cost of shipping forever :)

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #8,002 of 9,690
Ericr, thanks i looked and will order a set. i have tips from Musical Fidelity and while i love EB50 i never liked their tips which only look nice but are so so in terms of isolation and sonics.

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #8,003 of 9,690
Quote:

Or if the builder repairs all cables for ya for the cost of shipping forever :)

Well. Did not expect to see Chris_Himself reply.

And I'm assuming that you do repair all your cables lol.

I guess I'll put in a order as a obligation now if you do.

Can someone also explain what the basic advantages are in the different terminations for the 3.5mm plug?

Apr 23, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #8,004 of 9,690
I lost my TF10 on my way to work today....
frown.gif
 awful...

Apr 23, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #8,005 of 9,690
Apr 23, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #8,006 of 9,690
Quote:
The Monster Supertips (gel ones) are superb with the TF10s. Amazon often has the sampler kit (with assorted sizes) on sale.

Clean them off first as they seem to come with an initial slippery coating. Also I've found giving them 10-15 seconds to warm-up makes getting a good seal quick and easy. I'll put them loosely in my ears then turn on my player & connect the headphones, etc. - then finish inserting.

-Eric

Thanks will look into it.

Apr 23, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #8,007 of 9,690
Quote:
Well. Did not expect to see Chris_Himself reply.

And I'm assuming that you do repair all your cables lol.

I guess I'll put in a order as a obligation now if you do.

Can someone also explain what the basic advantages are in the different terminations for the 3.5mm plug?

There is no doubt in my mind and with my experiences that the 3.5mm terminations make a big difference.  YMMV, but I'm currently using the Rean (neutrik sub company) connectors as they sound punchier to me.  The Pailiccs that I have are good and small which i like but I don't feel that they provide the sonic quality compared to the Rean.  I also like the Switchcraft as they are much closer to the Rean with a bit more soundstage but a bit slower.

My suggestion would be to try different ones for your self and see for yourself.  

Note:  The Rean plugs can be a bit sibilant.  Even plugs should be considered in the symmetry equation with a rig setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back