Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 10, 2012 at 7:50 AM Post #7,696 of 9,690
Hi all, 
What could I expect from a pair of refurbished triple fis bought from ebay?

Will / should they sound like new or different somehow?

How can I be sure that a good job has been done on the refurbishment?

It feels crazy to buy second hand headphones, but I am reluctant to buy new ones right now, particularly with the inflated price that the triple fis sell for now that they are scarce.

Need some re-assurance... 

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:06 AM Post #7,697 of 9,690
Quote:
Hi all, 

It feels crazy to buy second hand headphones, but I am reluctant to buy new ones right now, particularly with the inflated price that the triple fis sell for now that they are scarce.

If they are manufacturer refurbished, you could expect them to be like brand new except maybe without the packaging.

Dec 10, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #7,698 of 9,690
Quote:
Hi all, 

Check and see if they come with a warranty, that can give you some peace of mind.

Dec 12, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #7,700 of 9,690
Dec 12, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #7,702 of 9,690
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultimate-Ears-TripleFi-10vi-10Pro-UE-Replacement-Cable-/220833674248?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item336ab67408

These ones?

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:47 AM Post #7,704 of 9,690
Ahh there is Beats Audio that makes them but for very very very expensive prices, and a HK dude who does them but not anymore for unknown reasons...

Dec 13, 2012 at 3:01 AM Post #7,706 of 9,690
Hi guys,

Any tips that I should be getting to improve the bass and not affecting the highs ( especially) and the mids as I tried the complys I didn't really like it and wear due to usage is quite frequent.
I also tried the sony hybrids didn't really like it.

Basically, pls recommend one that will improve the fit, the bass while not intefering the highs.

Thanks

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #7,707 of 9,690
Hello, guys!
I'm very happy with my triple.fi 10 about four years now. I like the V shape sound, crisp hights and deep bass...
Now I'm searching for PORTABLE On Ear / Over Ear CLOSED headphones, with the same (or better, of course) sound signature and good isolation.
Money is no object.
My rig is Teclast T51 + Corda 2Stepdance amp.
Any recomendations?
Thanks.
(sory about my english :))

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #7,708 of 9,690
Hi guys,

Any tips that I should be getting to improve the bass and not affecting the highs ( especially) and the mids as I tried the complys I didn't really like it and wear due to usage is quite frequent.
I also tried the sony hybrids didn't really like it.

Basically, pls recommend one that will improve the fit, the bass while not intefering the highs.

Thanks

Tried monster gels and foams yet?

Hello, guys!

I'm very happy with my triple.fi 10 about four years now. I like the V shape sound, crisp hights and deep bass...

Now I'm searching for PORTABLE On Ear / Over Ear CLOSED headphones, with the same (or better, of course) sound signature and good isolation.

Money is no object.

Any recomendations?

Thanks.

I think of the es10 first then hd25 came to my mind and that have nearly the exact sound signature :wink:

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #7,709 of 9,690
Quote:
Hello, guys!
Money is no object.
Any recomendations?
Thanks.

Audio Technica ATH-ES7, portable on ear and only about $100

Dec 13, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #7,710 of 9,690
ES7 seems like a downgrade to me from my brief listen. Now ES10 on the other hand 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back