Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 4, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #6,946 of 9,690
I find the TF10 mids veiled, not recessed.  To me they sound plenty up front but a bit cloudy.

I emailed designer Jerry Harvey about this very subject but he never replied.  My question was if the "cloudy" midrange was intentional and meant to be easier on the ears since the treble was so insanely extended. (my own hypothesis)

Aug 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #6,948 of 9,690
Quote:
A new owner of these and gotta say, without the burn-in, it is quite good already!

I'm not even using EQ or Jeteffect!

BA does not need burn-in, I have read about it somewhere in head-fi...not able to remember where

Aug 6, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #6,951 of 9,690
I own the LCD-2r2 and decided to pull out my tf10's and I'm actually enjoying it albeit eq'd tf10's they need it (quick eq)...Quick impressions are they faster tighter in the bass than the lcd-2? Ofcourse the lcd-2 is a better headphone again quick impressions more natural and full than the tf10.

Aug 6, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #6,952 of 9,690
Not used my TF10's that much since aquireing a pair of Fisher Amps FA-3e.

Strapped the TF's on for a walk about this lunch time and fired up 'Life is Peachy' - Korn. Not listened to this albumn in about 15 years! Brutal! - in a good way :D

Aug 6, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #6,953 of 9,690
Is the cable of this IEM durable? They seems to be not durable according to some reviews. 

The stock cable is very average, when UE designed TF10 with interchangeable cables in mind they sure took no expense on creating one of the most stiff, kinking, awful looking cables to go with it. It's "ok" and gets the job done, but don't expect miracles from it. It would be better named a "disposable cable"

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #6,954 of 9,690
Hi guys, need a little help here.

The nozzle got detached from the body :frowning2: I was trying to pull out the foam tips but the whole nozzle just came apart. I can attach it back to the body and it still works fine, but it would fall off very easily (the TF10 kept falling off from my ear while the nozzle and tips are still in my ear.)

Is there any way to fix this? I'm afraid that I would damage the drivers inside and thus haven't done anything to it.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #6,955 of 9,690
Quote:

The nozzle got detached from the body :frowning2: I was trying to pull out the foam tips but the whole nozzle just came apart. I can attach it back to the body and it still works fine, but it would fall off very easily (the TF10 kept falling off from my ear while the nozzle and tips are still in my ear.)

Is there any way to fix this? I'm afraid that I would damage the drivers inside and thus haven't done anything to it.

If you're still within warranty, just mail that sucka in cuz you do not want to eff around with DIY solutions unless it's a last resort..

The whole point of an IEM is an airtight seal from driver to ear, as soon as we start playing Bob the Builder, the likelyhood of us compromising that is rather high.

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #6,956 of 9,690
Quote:

superglue?
(sorry that just made me laugh, I had no idea the whole thing could just come off....)

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #6,957 of 9,690
Quote:
superglue?
(sorry that just made me laugh, I had no idea the whole thing could just come off....)

Yeah, superglue is perfect for that kind of thing- it's quick, strong and the item will stay fixed. I used it to fix my Ety MC5 when the vertical black piece (from which the cord emerges) broke off from the rest of the body. Worked like a charm.

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #6,958 of 9,690
Quote:

If you're still within warranty, just mail that sucka in cuz you do not want to eff around with DIY solutions unless it's a last resort..

The whole point of an IEM is an airtight seal from driver to ear, as soon as we start playing Bob the Builder, the likelyhood of us compromising that is rather high.

Yeah I've thought about that, but sadly the warranty is over. (I bought it on May last year).

I noticed it wasn't as airtight when I attached it back, and it probably affects the sound quality. And as you said, if I tried to fix it myself, it just won't sound the same.

I wonder if the headphone repair shops fix this kind of things?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back