Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Mar 30, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #6,242 of 9,690

Quote:
haha totally!
redface.gif

a bunch of my friends were all testing out this TF10 with me, and some really never tried good earphones/headphones before and they were like "wow, I can hear the Piano from that track!" haha

Well, Guess I will be having a long wait, seriously can't blow 160+ now. saving a dollar a day till BF ^^

You have such awesome friends.
I let my roommate who owns Beats Studio try my TF10 once. He put them on and listened for about 10 seconds before pulling them out and complaining, "They sound like crap. I can't hear the bass at all."
Sigh.

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #6,244 of 9,690
Mar 31, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #6,246 of 9,690
My mini review of the Ultimate ears Triple Fi 10, after owning them for a few months. You should also note this is my first serious "headphone product" I have bought. All I can compare them to is the Brainwavz M2 and the Senn CX300.

I use them unamped (they don't need amping). They are perfect for what I use them for, and that is to stop people from distracting me from my work at college. They block out so much noise, and they just put you in your own little undisturbed world. Sound wise they sound great coming from my Sony walkman. 

Some of the cons would be thier size. If you are sitting or you walk slowly they stay in fine, but if you are bending down I lose the good seal. Also the supplied buds were all to big. So I had to use my buds from my broken Brainwavz M2, which fit my ears and feel better quality in my opinion.

But to sum up I like them a lot, they are very comfortable for long periods of time. I am a real sucker for IEM's. Just a shame I can't use them for washing the car.

Also I would like to thank the people who helped me choose these earbuds.

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #6,247 of 9,690

Quote:
If anyone is looking for some TF10's to have made into customs, here are some on ebay. There is also someone selling the right and left in a separate auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UE-Triple-Fi-10v-GREAT-DEAL-/330710132485?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item4cffdc2705

Nice find man, they're sold already.  If you see more like this can you post it up or PM me?  If I find a new Left one for sale cheap I could be back in business.  I did end up purchasing the Klipsch S4 Reference to hold me over.  Sorry to crap on this thread, I want my babies back :frowning2:

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #6,248 of 9,690
I picked my pair up on ebay, complete with carry case and all accessories. The cable to the right ear piece is broken so I've ordered a replacement FuruTech upgrade cable  for a starter. I'd been wanting a pair for a few weeks ever since finding this thread. Hopefully these will be my final purchase towards IEM's for a while.

Apr 1, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #6,249 of 9,690

Quote:
I picked my pair up on ebay, complete with carry case and all accessories. The cable to the right ear piece is broken so I've ordered a replacement FuruTech upgrade cable  for a starter. I'd been wanting a pair for a few weeks ever since finding this thread. Hopefully these will be my final purchase towards IEM's for a while.

I ordered nearly identical cables and they're very sturdy. Also if you don't find the tips to your liking, try Sony Hybrid. I overnighted some overnight and they seem great so far

Apr 1, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #6,250 of 9,690

Quote:
I ordered nearly identical cables and they're very sturdy. Also if you don't find the tips to your liking, try Sony Hybrid. I overnighted some overnight and they seem great so far

Thanks. how did it sound? If all goes well with that cable I may upgrade further to Hippo Emerald Cable. but that's further down the line. As for tips I have Sony hybrids here I'll try, but I'm also leaning towards the large silicon tips provided with my Hippo VB's as they form an excellent seal for my ears.

Hippo Emerald Cable.

Has anyone tried this cable?

Apr 1, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #6,251 of 9,690

Quote:
Thanks. how did it sound? If all goes well with that cable I may upgrade further to Hippo Emerald Cable. but that's further down the line. As for tips I have Sony hybrids here I'll try, but I'm also leaning towards the large silicon tips provided with my Hippo VB's as they form an excellent seal for my ears.

Hippo Emerald Cable.

Has anyone tried this cable?

They sound the same to me as the stock ones 

Apr 1, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #6,253 of 9,690
Hey guys I've had a pair of these sitting in my drawer for over a year now, and I was hoping you could help me finally use them.  I bought them in the Amazon sale that was either a year or two ago and when I got them, I remember never being able to get the fit right.  It always seemed like the soundstage was off center and I believe this was because I never got the fit right.

I didn't really like the stock ear buds it came with, I've never been a huge fan of the type that you roll and put in.  The first real pair of IEMs I used were Klipsch S4s and I was accustomed to their rubber type earbuds which I enjoyed very much and found very comfortable.

So I would really like to use these headphones now, and was wondering what tips I could get on getting the fit right.  Are their alternate earbuds I can buy that would work better?  Would appreciate any tips, thanks a lot.

Apr 1, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #6,255 of 9,690
I love my UE TripleFi 10s. My highend pair of earbuds/headphones. I gotnthem for $95 on black friday too ehich was a steal! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back