Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Feb 21, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #5,974 of 9,690
Bit of measurement later and I found out my phone just doesn't pack the punch to drive these properly. The impedance peaks at 64.5 ohms lol. Had to make a massive peak at 4k or else vocals sounded very dulled and gave me a headache very quickly because they mixed with the bass. Probably because that's where the phone failed to drive properly. Besides that, vocals were too forward.

Resulting EQ...

In the meantime, waiting on my replacement cable from Logitech. I can see the yellow wiring inside of the cable now
frown.gif

Feb 21, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #5,975 of 9,690

Quote:
Bit of measurement later and I found out my phone just doesn't pack the punch to drive these properly. The impedance peaks at 64.5 ohms lol. Had to make a massive peak at 4k or else vocals sounded very dulled and gave me a headache very quickly because they mixed with the bass. Probably because that's where the phone failed to drive properly. Besides that, vocals were too forward.

Resulting EQ...

In the meantime, waiting on my replacement cable from Logitech. I can see the yellow wiring inside of the cable now
frown.gif

why did u scoop the mids?

Feb 21, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #5,976 of 9,690
Galaxy Nexus?

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #5,977 of 9,690

Quote:
why did u scoop the mids?

Underpowered source=vocals are too forward. And too much bass actually.

Quote:
Galaxy Nexus?

Surprised? That is my Droid 2 Global on ICS, not a Galaxy Nexus. Even works on GSM
cool.gif

That being said however, my HP TouchPad drives these like a miracle. I did a little digging and found it it has essentially a beefed up version of the DAC/amp found in the SGS 1. Basically, it's SGS1 sound quality that can work with ~5-80ohm headphones sans external amp.

Feb 22, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #5,978 of 9,690

Quote:
Underpowered source=vocals are too forward. And too much bass actually.

Surprised? That is my Droid 2 Global on ICS, not a Galaxy Nexus. Even works on GSM
cool.gif

That being said however, my HP TouchPad drives these like a miracle. I did a little digging and found it it has essentially a beefed up version of the DAC/amp found in the SGS 1. Basically, it's SGS1 sound quality that can work with ~5-80ohm headphones sans external amp.

thats interesting, are u, or anyone really, noticing imbalance issues? and if so, is it caused by cable problems?

Feb 22, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #5,980 of 9,690

Quote:
thats interesting, are u, or anyone really, noticing imbalance issues? and if so, is it caused by cable problems?

I thought I was at first because the centre bass guitar I'm used to in some of my songs felt a little off to the left. Then I realized that was just the recording because the vocals and everything else were in the right places. Imbalance is probably just an issue of bad luck. Hopefully, you bought yours from Amazon if you're suffering from that.

Feb 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #5,981 of 9,690

Quote:
I thought I was at first because the centre bass guitar I'm used to in some of my songs felt a little off to the left. Then I realized that was just the recording because the vocals and everything else were in the right places. Imbalance is probably just an issue of bad luck. Hopefully, you bought yours from Amazon if you're suffering from that.

It has been stated previously that cable polarity can cause phasing issues, resulting in imbalance!  Just and FYI to check polarity!

Feb 22, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #5,982 of 9,690
I picked up a pair of these a year or two ago when Amazon had them for $99. I was happy to pick them up for that price, but after I got them I was let down fast. They just did not fit into my ears very well, too large for me even with the smallest inserts. I ended up selling them on Craigslist for the same price. I prerfer my Shure buds much better as they fit.

Feb 22, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #5,983 of 9,690

Quote:
I picked up a pair of these a year or two ago when Amazon had them for $99. I was happy to pick them up for that price, but after I got them I was let down fast. They just did not fit into my ears very well, too large for me even with the smallest inserts. I ended up selling them on Craigslist for the same price. I prerfer my Shure buds much better as they fit.

comply foam tips is the solution to that. I even forget Im wearing it sometimes.

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #5,984 of 9,690
I tried all the tips that came with them and really wanted them to work but just could not find anything that fit. Compare the size of it without tips to say the Shure, they are much larger. I use a pair of Shure E4c for flights and stuff, and an older pair of E3's for the gym and they work great. Has anyone else found them to not fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back