Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 17, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #5,116 of 9,690
Same here I'm looking at the UM 6 driver upgrade.though the 4 seems good to with just the extra mid driver.

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #5,118 of 9,690
I don't know how much I would trust a driver upgrade. I like the sound signature already. Seems like adding drivers that weren't originally used for the earphone design/tuning runs the risk of throwing off the sound. If I want more drivers, I'll save up for some JH13 or 16s.

Dec 17, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #5,119 of 9,690

Quote:
Nice AV btw loghead. Have you tried it out on Reckoner yet? I use that song to test midrange, because it's hard to pull Thom's guitar out of all the shaker percussion at the beginning of the song. That, and any excuse to listen to Reckoner, haha. If you have, did the cable lift that jazzy Gibson SG out of all the shikka shikka shikka shikka?

Yeah, it sounds great. But the new album really rocks on these headphones. I can't wait to see/hear this stuff performed live. I got tickets to ATL and floor tickets for Houston!
ksc75smile.gif

My blu ray for TKOL: Live from the basement just came in the mail, plan to watch it tonight.

You want to know what really sold me on the sound improvements the TF10 and this cable made: Johnny Greenwood's score for There Will Be Blood.

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #5,120 of 9,690
You're right. I just checked UE's website and they're not there anymore. I'm glad i bought a pair. 

Quote:
Okay, I don't know what I'm missing here, but have these been discontinued? They're not listed on UE's site anymore...

EDIT: just an fyi, it also appears that UE now DOES sell the vi cable for the triple fi's, there used to be a lot of complaints that they didn't.

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #5,121 of 9,690

Quote:
You're right. I just checked UE's website and they're not there anymore. I'm glad i bought a pair. 

Weird.  UE just had it posted on their facebook page yesterday linking to Logitech, and it showed up as $399 and sold out (like it has the past several months).  But now, even their link doesn't work.  hmm.....

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #5,122 of 9,690
Anyone know why they are discontinuing them? Are they releasing a newer model maybe because it's strange for a company not to have a flagship iem. 

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #5,123 of 9,690
The triple.fi 10 is the only original UE model that was carried over after Logitech acquired UE and available until now.  Besides its excellent sonic abilities, the fit and design issue's doesn't appear to the mass audience as did the $399+ price.  The price and design of the current flagship, UE700 is proof of this.

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #5,124 of 9,690
Real shame, if only they redesigned it into the form factor of the UE700s

Dec 17, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #5,125 of 9,690

Quote:
The triple.fi 10 is the only original UE model that was carried over after Logitech acquired UE and available until now.  Besides its excellent sonic abilities, the fit and design issue's doesn't appear to the mass audience as did the $399+ price.  The price and design of the current flagship, UE700 is proof of this.

Exactly.

I actually called Logitech a few weeks ago and asked them about it and they played dumb.  They knew nothing about TF10 being discontinued or a replacement in new form factor like the rest of the line-up.

Yes, no one wants to buy them at $300-400 with the old form factor but if you can deal with the form factor they are a steal at under $200.  I can only suspect a new IEM is coming (UE800?) and it will cost much more than TF10.  Probably $399 again.

Dec 17, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #5,126 of 9,690
Off recent topic: what other tips are recommended for tf10? been using comply which came with the product. They're the best but takes away some high end sparkle.  Monster foams didn't provide the best sealed fit.  Sony hybrids didn't fit.

Dec 17, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #5,127 of 9,690
You mean they don't fit your ears or you can't get them on the nozzle?

Quote:
Off recent topic: what other tips are recommended for tf10? been using comply which came with the product. They're the best but takes away some high end sparkle.  Monster foams didn't provide the best sealed fit.  Sony hybrids didn't fit.

Dec 17, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #5,128 of 9,690

Quote:

Sony Hybrids fit the nozzle...but it's certainly tight.  Not sure if that's what you mean.  There's an ebay seller that has dual flange.  I was hoping those would help me since I liked the Shure triple flange, but they didn't.  Maybe they'll work for you.

Dec 17, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #5,129 of 9,690
Man I'm really going to baby the hell out of my TF10's now that their discontinued.  Thats going to suck if they break and all they can replace them with is the UE700.  They need to come out with a new flagship model 3 driver IEM thats more in the shaped of the 700 though I have no problem with the fit on my 10's.

Dec 17, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #5,130 of 9,690
Quote:
Man I'm really going to baby the hell out of my TF10's now that their discontinued.  Thats going to suck if they break and all they can replace them with is the UE700.  They need to come out with a new flagship model 3 driver IEM thats more in the shaped of the 700 though I have no problem with the fit on my 10's.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that, but in the event it did occur, it'd just give you an excuse to reshell them into custom monitors. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back