Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 14, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #5,086 of 9,690
Nice AV btw loghead. Have you tried it out on Reckoner yet? I use that song to test midrange, because it's hard to pull Thom's guitar out of all the shaker percussion at the beginning of the song. That, and any excuse to listen to Reckoner, haha. If you have, did the cable lift that jazzy Gibson SG out of all the shikka shikka shikka shikka?

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #5,087 of 9,690
I'm thinking of going with custom remolds for my TF10's but have a few questions before I make the leap.

If I decided to get Chris's cable, or a Luna cable for my TF10's then later decide on InEarz (or another brand), will the new cables have any issues fitting the custom remolds or would I have to either use their cable or tell them specifically which cable I'm going to use with the custom remolds? Also, I'm thinking of doing the custom remolds for better fit while I'm mountain biking, lifting weights, etc. Would this help them stay in my ear and sealed without shifting or falling out? I assume that and better sound is the purpose behind custom remolds but wanted to be sure before I go through with it.

Dec 14, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #5,088 of 9,690
I can reterminate the ends if you ever decide to swap IEM's or reshell.

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #5,090 of 9,690
If you get a good fit it should stay in, I workout with mine and never worry about them coming out at all..I think the reshell sonically is improved by a little, but the real plus is the fit, and I loved the sound signature anyways.

Quote:
I'm thinking of going with custom remolds for my TF10's but have a few questions before I make the leap.

If I decided to get Chris's cable, or a Luna cable for my TF10's then later decide on InEarz (or another brand), will the new cables have any issues fitting the custom remolds or would I have to either use their cable or tell them specifically which cable I'm going to use with the custom remolds? Also, I'm thinking of doing the custom remolds for better fit while I'm mountain biking, lifting weights, etc. Would this help them stay in my ear and sealed without shifting or falling out? I assume that and better sound is the purpose behind custom remolds but wanted to be sure before I go through with it.

Dec 15, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #5,091 of 9,690
Dec 16, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #5,092 of 9,690
I find them wide enough, I certainly don't find the stage lacking. As soon as the IE8's go back on I always think, wow these are wide. I have to say, while sending for my replacements I certainly miss those smooth, buttery yet sharp female vocals the TF10s have to offer. I've decided when the new ones arrive they will 100% be getting a custom shell and a nice cable. Time to see what customs are all about, I've been feeling left out. 

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:30 AM Post #5,093 of 9,690
Man...with Null Audio Arete, WOW!!...Mid is more forward, sibilance and harshness of the treble is gone, and bass is a tad punchier, though the trade off is that soundstage is noticeably slightly narrower - in short, it is much, much better

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:41 AM Post #5,094 of 9,690
That's good to hear. Some cables seem to make all the difference in a mostly positive way, while the others seem to have minimal effects. It's glad to know what cables are out there but I think I'm still going with Chris, get to support a fellow head-fier, get top notch customer support and get those nice silver cables. I seriously can't wait to reshell and recable. I'm pretty stoked

FYI: For those of you having trouble removing the stock connectors from the driver housing take a thin bladed knife and carefully wiggle it in between the housing and the end of the cable. I found this a pretty safe way to get them out without feeling like I was going to damage anything. 

Dec 16, 2011 at 4:54 AM Post #5,095 of 9,690

Any reason you've chosen the Null Arete over the Lune besides the price? I'm getting ready to make my purchase and was just curious.

Quote:
Man...with Null Audio Arete, WOW!!...Mid is more forward, sibilance and harshness of the treble is gone, and bass is a tad punchier, though the trade off is that soundstage is noticeably slightly narrower - in short, it is much, much better

Dec 16, 2011 at 12:55 PM Post #5,096 of 9,690
Just came back from my last exam today and I checked the mail.. and my TF10 are there! I'll post more detailed impressions on them later, but I'm listening to them right now and I'm simply amazed. Also, I didn't try them for long yet, but the fit seems great and comfy (and I only tried the medium tips). I had a little bit of trouble to fit them over the ear at first though because they're my first pair of over the ear IEM. 

I mean... I just finished my last exam, I'm on vacation for about a month and I just received my TF10. What else could I ask for? 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 16, 2011 at 2:17 PM Post #5,097 of 9,690
I love when that kind of stuff happens, you feel like everything is simply prefect. Your obligations are gone, you get to vacation and you even got those new headphones you ordered. Always satisfying. 

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #5,099 of 9,690
Firm steady pull with the slightest of wiggle. They will come out.

I had a similar situation. I turned in all my final grades, came home, and my new TF10s were here. I was shocked with the sound and accuracy. It was sublime. I've been running all my favorite audiophile albums through them ever since. I now need to find a ~$60 BA set to have while these go to InEarz for a remold.

Dec 16, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #5,100 of 9,690

Quote:
Any tips when removing the cables? I want to try the flip mod, but the cable seems to be firmly mounted and I really don't want to damage them by pulling too much. 

The first time you do it, there will always be the thought of "What do these things even come out?" and the feeling that they will break but they won't as posted just pull hard from the hard plastic piece at the end of the cable (not by the cable obviously) with a very slight wiggle, they will eventually come off. And just make sure when you put them back on  they go back on ALL the way when I tried the flip flop it felt like the cable went all the way back on but by looking at it, it was off by a little bit (bairly noticeable)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back