Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 8, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #5,011 of 9,690
Hey! I am getting one of these too! A little different than yours though. Thank god for the black friday sale, letting me splurge on some nicer cables... :) I think Chris made a few of these. I am excited to get mine!

Quote:
WHERES MY FREE BLACK FILAMENT!! lol  heres a picture for everyone. my cable Chris just finished.  :)

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:45 AM Post #5,013 of 9,690
I have W4's and I really like those cables. Chris is actually currently building me some custom magnum Grados, and I am using some DHC for the recable because his silver is a little stiff (not his fault though, thats just the nature of the cable, especially if you have shrink wrap all over it.) However, the build quality is quite good, and the sound quality I hear is even better. Chris does offer a lifetime warranty so it makes sense to overkill the build and make sure they don't fail. Cause it's on his wallet if there are problems in the future. You can do bare silver wire though (without the extra PFTE heat shrink) if you want the cables to be a tad bit softer. It is hard to beat the softness of the Westone EPIC cable though, because they are just so thin and light. It wouldn't be fair to compare.

Anyway, he is a nice guy and willing to work with you on a cable to make it just right. You can even tell him what cable and what plug you want and he'll order it and build it for you. Thats what I did, DHC cables + Via Blue plug. They are custom cables, so you really can customize them however you want.

I'm going to use the TF10 cable for commute and stuff, so a little more heavy duty might be good to take some daily banging around. 

Quote:
Them cables are insanely nice - I might pick one up later down the line - Really just like the lightness and flexibility of the ES8 atm -

Dec 8, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #5,015 of 9,690

Quote:
What are some cables that don't go over the year.. I hate over the year feeling..Also whats a flip mod?

The flip mod is where you take the right ear piece and put it on the left side cable, and vice versa.  And, unfortunately, at least for me, it only works when you use the cable over the ear method.

FWIW....I used to hate the over the ear method also.  But....I started years ago with the Super.fi 5 from UE, and now it's second nature and very comfortable.  Only the lightest and smallest of IEMs (like the Klipsch S4) work for me without using the over the ear method.

HTH.

Dec 8, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #5,016 of 9,690

Response
Edwin
 Discussion Thread
 Chat Transcript
12/08/2011 11:55 AM
[11:49:21 AM] Hi, my name is Edwin. How may I help you?
[11:49:50 AM] XXX: where are TF10 made? And i do own a pair, i just wonder 
[11:50:16 AM] Edwin: Hi XXX. I can look into that for you, just 1 moment please
[11:50:24 AM] XXX: thanx 
[11:51:33 AM] Edwin: I'm not sure where they are made, it should be written on the packaging if you own a pair
[11:52:03 AM] XXX: ok, I just don't carry the packaging with me and I am at work. 
[11:52:35 AM] Edwin: Okay, well I don't have the information telling me where they are made
[11:52:54 AM] XXX: Just to prove I own a pair, I have a lot of trouble reading the L or the R.... why are the letters sooooo small :) 
[11:54:05 AM] XXX: edwin, not to be an ass, but it seems odd the company doesn't know where their products are made.... I mean, I assume China (and have no problem with that), but I know some are made in ireland too 
[11:55:08 AM] Edwin: I understand, I'm sure we know where they are made, I could message a higher up to get that information. But it would probably be faster for you to just check the packaging when you are home
[11:55:41 AM] XXX: well, so be it.... 
[11:55:45 AM] 'XXX' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user').

Question Reference #111209-00184X
Product Level 1: 
Audio
Product Level 2: 
Earphones
Product Level 3: 
Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10
Date Created: 
Last Updated: 
Unresolved
M/N (Model number): 

PID or S/N: 

P/N (Part number): 

Operating System: 

Logitech Software: 

Software Version: 
xx.x.x
Downloaded latest SW: 

HarmonyMartiniUserid: 

Inquiry Type: 
Technical Support

Back of the box says.... designed in California, assembled in China.  I just thought it would be fun to ask in their online chat (I was bored)

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:01 PM Post #5,018 of 9,690
Try getting a replacements from them. They apparently have none left because they are discontinued and can only give you UE700s. Funny, Amazon seems to have very abundant supply of original retail boxes for replacements from the black Friday deal. 

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #5,019 of 9,690

Quote:

Response
Edwin
 Discussion Thread
 Chat Transcript
[11:49:21 AM] Hi, my name is Edwin. How may I help you?
[11:49:50 AM] XXX: where are TF10 made? And i do own a pair, i just wonder 
[11:50:16 AM] Edwin: Hi XXX. I can look into that for you, just 1 moment please
[11:50:24 AM] XXX: thanx 
[11:51:33 AM] Edwin: I'm not sure where they are made, it should be written on the packaging if you own a pair
[11:52:03 AM] XXX: ok, I just don't carry the packaging with me and I am at work. 
[11:52:35 AM] Edwin: Okay, well I don't have the information telling me where they are made
[11:52:54 AM] XXX: Just to prove I own a pair, I have a lot of trouble reading the L or the R.... why are the letters sooooo small :) 
[11:54:05 AM] XXX: edwin, not to be an ass, but it seems odd the company doesn't know where their products are made.... I mean, I assume China (and have no problem with that), but I know some are made in ireland too 
[11:55:08 AM] Edwin: I understand, I'm sure we know where they are made, I could message a higher up to get that information. But it would probably be faster for you to just check the packaging when you are home
[11:55:41 AM] XXX: well, so be it.... 
[11:55:45 AM] 'XXX' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user').

Question Reference #111209-00184X
Product Level 1: 
Audio
Product Level 2: 
Earphones
Product Level 3: 
Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10
Date Created: 
Last Updated: 
Unresolved
M/N (Model number): 

PID or S/N: 

P/N (Part number): 

Operating System: 

Logitech Software: 

Software Version: 
xx.x.x
Downloaded latest SW: 

HarmonyMartiniUserid: 

Inquiry Type: 
Technical Support

Back of the box says.... designed in California, assembled in China.  I just thought it would be fun to ask in their online chat (I was bored)

Jesus.

Dec 8, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #5,021 of 9,690
Dec 8, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #5,025 of 9,690

Quote:
So they discontinued the TF10?

wait i cant tell if ur being serious, as in you are responding to carac's "don't know what to talk about now"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back