Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 7, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #4,981 of 9,690
If you look closely on the part of the cables that plug into the earphones, you can see L/R markings which kind of look like a fork or a trident or something. Anyway I have both of those facing towards the nozzles and it sounds exactly the same as before, so I'm assuming that's the proper way of doing it. Or at least I hope.
tongue.gif

Quote:
I'm glad I have some on order from you. I have had my triple fis for 3 days and the rubbery crap around the left earpiece connector already came loose and is exposing the wires. These stock cables are by far the worst I have ever owned!!
EDIT:
Also, what is the proper way to plug in the cable with the flip mod? I tried it a couple times already, but I must've done something wrong, cause they sound way different with the flip mod.

Dec 7, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #4,982 of 9,690
got my es8 cables tonite way more comfortable and no negatives yet!!!all i did was plug in left connector to right phone and right on left phone using flip mod, be sure  marking on cable faces in towards the tip tho.the stock cables didnt disconnect too easily but after some care prying they let loose!!!i was thinking cuz i got the amazon black fri deal on these $95 with freeshipping that i  could justify a highend cable upgrade. has anyone suggestions??been to C_H site checking his out too. would the Lune cable be good investment??thnx for any help

Dec 7, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #4,983 of 9,690
If you look closely on the part of the cables that plug into the earphones, you can see L/R markings which kind of look like a fork or a trident or something. Anyway I have both of those facing towards the nozzles and it sounds exactly the same as before, so I'm assuming that's the proper way of doing it. Or at least I hope.:p

weird, I did that and mine sounded different. Maybe I got the fit wrong...

got my es8 cables tonite way more comfortable and no negatives yet!!!all i did was plug in left connector to right phone and right on left phone using flip mod, be sure marking on cable faces in towards the tip tho.the stock cables didnt disconnect too easily but after some care prying they let loose!!!i was thinking cuz i got the amazon black fri deal on these $95 with freeshipping that i could justify a highend cable upgrade. has anyone suggestions??been to C_H site checking his out too. would the Lune cable be good investment??thnx for any help

I ordered one from chris_himself, and it is in the process of being built right now. He's a really friendly and helpful person, so shoot him a PM if you are interested. Btw, did you do the buy one get one ES8 cable deal? If so, you wanna sell one to me for 1/2 of what you paid for the 2 + shipping?

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #4,984 of 9,690
Everybody keeps buggin' me for a TF10Vi cable!

I can't seem to do it! I would need some help from the community to pull it off

Also $250 would be WAY too much for one even if I could lol. My regular stuff costs like 1/3 that much.

Thanks for the support guys :)

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:31 AM Post #4,985 of 9,690
Hey Chris,

I would like to try one of your custom cables. I, however, would like my Clip+ built right into the cable. I'm thinking perhaps you could use it as the Y-split. Of course I want it to retain all of its functionality, and I'd like it to automatically playback through the TF10s unless something else is plugged into the headphone jack. I hope PayPal is OK.

Thanks in advance.

Dec 8, 2011 at 12:36 AM Post #4,986 of 9,690

Quote:
Hey Chris,

I would like to try one of your custom cables. I, however, would like my Clip+ built right into the cable. I'm thinking perhaps you could use it as the Y-split. Of course I want it to retain all of its functionality, and I'd like it to automatically playback through the TF10s unless something else is plugged into the headphone jack. I hope PayPal is OK.

Thanks in advance.

LOL.

Um I think it would end up being me taping the TF10's to the back of your Clip+. I'm not talented enough to pull that off... 

Dec 8, 2011 at 1:41 AM Post #4,988 of 9,690
I'll consider a cable as well when I get my replacements. No point getting a cable if the one side doesn't sound as good as the other. Gotta here the correct sound to begin with which is likely the right driver. The left driver disagrees with the crystal clarity and tighter bass response and tells me it's all dirty bloated bass with recessed mids and even recessed highs. 

But yeah, I was looking at your cables probably 4 days before my TF10's even arrived so consider me a very potential customer. I'm curious as well about this, have you ever thought about doing cables for the IE8? 

Dec 8, 2011 at 1:44 AM Post #4,989 of 9,690

Quote:
I'll consider a cable as well when I get my replacements. No point getting a cable if the one side doesn't sound as good as the other. Gotta here the correct sound to begin with which is likely the right driver. The left driver disagrees with the crystal clarity and tighter bass response and tells me it's all dirty bloated bass with recessed mids and even recessed highs. 

But yeah, I was looking at your cables probably 4 days before my TF10's even arrived so consider me a very potential customer. 

I look forward to having you on the team :)

I'm offering free black multifilament sleeving for everybody on this thread. It helps with the microphonics a lot so I want to try to standardize it after I get feedback.

Dec 8, 2011 at 1:51 AM Post #4,990 of 9,690
Ok, I'm for sure buying a cable now. Maybe not until Christmas though, that's dependent on what I do with my IE8s. Send them in (I have terrible luck with unbalanced IEMs from the factory, opposite side to my TF10 as well so not my ears lol), see if I can wait for IE80 stock in Canada, or maybe sell them to my father? I just don't know yet, especially since I have to send back my TF10 to the eBay seller before he RMAs with Amazon. Just keep me as someone who's highly likely to buy one. You have quality stuff at unbeatable prices, I can't argue with that. I'm not looking to spend a terrible amount of my TF10s so, yeah. I like to babble. 

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #4,992 of 9,690

Quote:
Hey Chris I heard somewhere that audiohub in sg might be selling your cables. That true?

Hmm only place that has gotten in touch with me about selling my crap is Stage93, and we're still in the negotiation process..

If you can link me to that discussion, you get +5 Chris Points. I'll open up an online store where you can redeem those for stuff.

Anyway the only IEM's I've heard that sound better to me than the TF10, are the SM3 and the W3... if anybody is looking to upgrade those are the two to go to!

The W4R came out too which is a pretty awesome IEM from what I've been told

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:34 AM Post #4,993 of 9,690
Well, I hope it's not crap you are selling Chris 
tongue.gif

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #4,994 of 9,690

Quote:
Well, I hope it's not crap you are selling Chris 
tongue.gif

Depends how drunk I am when I'm building them... JK lol

So since everybody has their new TF10's... how many of yall are considering a reshell via Kozee or Fisher Hearing? I have the latter and it really is worth the miniscule amount of money I had to pay and the time and customer service they gave me along with a job well done!

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #4,995 of 9,690
Do you think 18 is too young for customs? I wouldn't mind having to reshell once or twice, so do you think 18 is within reason for custom shells? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back