Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 4, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #4,906 of 9,690

Quote:
I have a complaint about the TF10s that I now love. They are unbalanced as in one ear is different then the other sound wise. The left has more bass, maybe less treble, I can't tell. Maybe the right just doesn't have enough bass so it seems like less treble. I've switched ears and done the flip flop and all that so I've narrowed it down to not being a fit issue or anything like that. At first I thought it was just my ears adjusting to my IE8's being louder on the left by a hair (why I'm sending them in, treated them very well, cleaned ears before each listen, etc) but than later on found out that wasn't the case. Will I ever get a balanced (in terms of sound being even in both ears) IEM? And do you guys have any suggestions for fixing the problem on the TF10's besides sending them in because I got them off ebay... If not I'll just buy authorized come Christmas time even though this pair was most clearly legitimate and brand new. So any suggestions? 

Try and contact the seller to find out if he/she acquired them from an authorized dealer. Maybe they still have the receipt and can pass that onto you so you can obtain warranty support. Or if you are in the USA buy a square trade warranty.

Dec 4, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #4,908 of 9,690

Quote:
I have a complaint about the TF10s that I now love. They are unbalanced as in one ear is different then the other sound wise. The left has more bass, maybe less treble, I can't tell. Maybe the right just doesn't have enough bass so it seems like less treble. I've switched ears and done the flip flop and all that so I've narrowed it down to not being a fit issue or anything like that. At first I thought it was just my ears adjusting to my IE8's being louder on the left by a hair (why I'm sending them in, treated them very well, cleaned ears before each listen, etc) but than later on found out that wasn't the case. Will I ever get a balanced (in terms of sound being even in both ears) IEM? And do you guys have any suggestions for fixing the problem on the TF10's besides sending them in because I got them off ebay... If not I'll just buy authorized come Christmas time even though this pair was most clearly legitimate and brand new. So any suggestions? 

I have the same issue with the pair I received from Amazon, I simply got on the live support at Amazon.com and they are overnighting a brand new pair to me tomorrow.  Hopefully this pair will not have the same issue.  Good luck with yours and if you can ge tthe original receipt form the seller you should be able to get a replacement pair from logitech.

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:55 PM Post #4,909 of 9,690
Thanks guys, I've contacted the seller, hopefully he can do something. It did come in Amazon packaging 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #4,910 of 9,690

Quote:
Thanks good to know, i have another question amp wise I currently have the Fiio E6 and wanted to upgrade, should I go with a E11 or a D-Zero, i think i want to go with a analog style volume control and obviously has to work well with the TF10, and like i said in the last post i don't EQ my music so having EQ settings isn't necessary for me.

I'd suggest moving on from Fiio altogether.  They make decent product, but the TF-10 will definitely benefit from even better amplification.  That doesn't mean that you have to spend a lot of money.  Try picking up an iBasso P3+, just one level up and still in the bargain basement.  That amp in stock configuration matches very well with the TF-10.  I think I paid about $150 for mine when new.  It doesn't give up much in overall SQ to my significantly more expensive RSA Hornet, and you can roll op-amps for different sound signatures.

Dec 5, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #4,911 of 9,690
Another price drop to $149. Seems like the price just keeps dropping on them. 

Dec 5, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #4,913 of 9,690
Dec 5, 2011 at 7:17 AM Post #4,914 of 9,690

Quote:
My only complaint is that they look ridiculous and are not practical to wear while walking around

Who doesn't like L shaped blue objects jammed into their ears with cables coming out of them? ahahah

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:46 AM Post #4,916 of 9,690
What were people saying about guitars sounding weird? I listen to a lot of hard rock and metal. Stuff like AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Jimi Hendrix, Dream Theater, and also softer stuff, like The Beatles. Will these headphones be bad for that? If so, are there any recommendations for different headphones? 

Dec 5, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #4,917 of 9,690

Quote:
lol they should be nicknamed the "frankenstein-phones". but seriously, there's no way I can wear an ear muff or beanie over these without being uncomfortable.

Seriously... I got mine reshelled just because they're impossible to sleep with for fear of a driver being wedged like an inch into my brain... I wear Grados to sleep now haha the customs actually hurt to sleep on due to the seal.

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #4,918 of 9,690
is the sound signature of these earphones akin to the grado/alessandro sound signature? i really like my music fast and punchy (i listen to a lot of rock, metal, electronic etc.) with good clarity.
also, any users have any troubles with build quality of the cable?

Dec 5, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #4,920 of 9,690
IMHO, TF10s has the perfect amount of bass quantity/impact for a BA phone, would have absolutely loved it if the mids were more forward and the treble calmed down a bit. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back