Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Nov 29, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #4,621 of 9,690

Quote:
Well, it's official. I can't use silicone tips on these. I never knew what a pressure seal was until I used the TF10...
frown.gif

I think I have really small ear canals. The only tips that fit me on my Ety's are the smallest blue triple flanges, and Shure olives. Both feel like there is something pretty substantial jammed in my ear. 

My progression is going to be to try the smallest TF10 tips, then the olive's (assuming they fit) and then maybe a pack of Sony Hybrid's if all else fails. If nothing works, I'll have them reshelled into customs, and I won't look back.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day as I wait for mine to be delivered. I couldn't bring myself to pay the $4 one day shipping upgrade charge. 

Is there a list somewhere of all the third party tips that fit the TF10's?

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #4,622 of 9,690

Quote:
I think I have really small ear canals. The only tips that fit me on my Ety's are the smallest blue triple flanges, and Shure olives. Both feel like there is something pretty substantial jammed in my ear. 

My progression is going to be to try the smallest TF10 tips, then the olive's (assuming they fit) and then maybe a pack of Sony Hybrid's if all else fails. If nothing works, I'll have them reshelled into customs, and I won't look back.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day as I wait for mine to be delivered. I couldn't bring myself to pay the $4 one day shipping upgrade charge. 

Is there a list somewhere of all the third party tips that fit the TF10's?

I've tried the stock tips, meelec single-bi-and  triflange tips, the hifiman biflanges, the GR07 tips,and a couple others. All of them exhibit the same symptoms: intense ear pressure. Mark you these are tips that I've used with many other phones...heck i'm even using the hifimans on my monoprice 8320 right now without any problems. he god news is that the comply foams solve my issue. Those and the flip flop mod (bulge facing outwards and cables swapped) make them comfortable again.

Hopefully it's easier for you KC

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #4,623 of 9,690

Quote:
Well, it's official. I can't use silicone tips on these. I never knew what a pressure seal was until I used the TF10...
frown.gif

The default tips that they came attached in made my ear ache a bit.

I switched to the comply foams and they feel pretty good so far, but I think I'm gonna give some other tips a try.

EDIT: I decided to fiddle around with the default tips again and they actually fit okay now. weird.

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #4,624 of 9,690

Quote:
The default tips that they came attached in made my ear ache a bit.

I switched to the comply foams and they feel pretty good so far, but I think I'm gonna give some other tips a try.

I can't bitch too much though...after all, this is a TF10 for less than $100 with free 2 day shipping. I'm also coming to appreciate their signature a bit more. Brain-in I guess

Nov 29, 2011 at 6:17 AM Post #4,626 of 9,690
I'm looking forward to remolding these into custom IEMs. Can someone point me to that thread lol. Kinda lazy to search. If many go in together on the remolding I think we can all get a nice discount for our efforts. The outcome of this experiment will decide if I am to continue down the path of customs or just stick to universal. The SA-43 really does have my attention though.

Nov 29, 2011 at 9:20 AM Post #4,627 of 9,690
Nov 29, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #4,629 of 9,690
Originally Posted by lee730 /img/forum/go_quote.gifI'm looking forward to remolding these into custom IEMs. Can someone point me to that thread lol. Kinda lazy to search. If many go in together on the remolding I think we can all get a nice discount for our efforts. The outcome of this experiment will decide if I am to continue down the path of customs or just stick to universal. The SA-43 really does have my attention though.

I'm not completely certain on this, but I think the thread was shut down because the OP didn't have permission. Someone is PM'ing the OP to find out if he's going to get permission and create a thread in the proper forum

Oh and lol @ Triplefi 15 vm's. If they were going to rebrand the TF10 vi's (for China apparently), they could have picked a new name.

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #4,630 of 9,690
I ordered these on the black friday deal.

I will not be able to get them until I return from a business trip, but I just had a couple questions to run by owners here.

I have a pair of Shure 535s, and I love them. Perfect midrange and vocals. I'm gathering that these are pretty much the opposite.

Are the mids and vocals recessed? I'm assuming I'll notice it even more going from the Shures.

I am buying these as a back-up pair, but it sounds like they might compliment the Shures nicely by being a better earphone for electronic.

What say you?

Nov 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #4,632 of 9,690

I just got my 2 pairs and they are in two different forms of packaging is one from a better "batch" than the other? I am probably going to sell/gift one so which pair should I keep? Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back