Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Nov 28, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #4,576 of 9,690

Quote:
That "clarity" you hear is nothing more than artificially enhanced highs. I just listened to "Bring me to life" by evanescence, and I hear none of the awesome timbre and guitar crunch that is present with my GR07. The Edward-cullen esque level of sparkle that I hear is almost offensive on a lot of my songs. I will say, however, that it works really well with some songs. Another thing is that I don't notice the recessed mids I've been hearing people complain about. It's definitely a different signature from my GR07, that's for sure

@eke2k6, I hear things differently with my source, very highly resolved wav's with my home gears, I don't, listen to music with "guitar crunch".  The "clarity" that I hear starts with the bass, tight and quick, and that "clarity" and air surrounding the instraments works through the mids and highs, IMO. we all hear things differently though, there are a lot of variables.  I was not getting that through FXT90, GR07, RE272, etc.

I don't listen to portable players.... .

[size=11pt]HP Laptop using Jriver Media Center/wasapi event mode > pure silver USB > MF Vlink > pure silver coax > Audio-GD NFB2 DAC > Audioquest Colorado IC's > Ming Da Tube Headphone amp/Mullard tube upgrade > IEM.[/size].

Nov 28, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #4,577 of 9,690

Quote:
these sound great but wow are they a poor fit in my ears, especially the right one. What was the consensus from the people talking about getting group remolds? Did they already agree to do it or what? what kind of price do you think you can get?

Fisher will do it for $90 + $10 shipping. That doesn't include a cable or any colors though. A cable (which I'd recommend) is $30 and they replace the UE sockets with Westone sockets.

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #4,578 of 9,690

Quote:
@eke2k6, I hear things differently with my source, very highly resolved wav's with my home gears, I don't, listen to music with "guitar crunch".  The "clarity" that I hear starts with the bass, tight and quick, and that "clarity" and air surrounding the instraments works through the mids and highs, IMO. we all hear things differently though, there are a lot of variables.  I was not getting that through FXT90, GR07, RE272, etc.

I don't listen to portable players.... .

[size=11pt]HP Laptop using Jriver Media Center/wasapi event mode > pure silver USB > MF Vlink > pure silver coax > Audio-GD NFB2 DAC > Audioquest Colorado IC's > Ming Da Tube Headphone amp/Mullard tube upgrade > IEM.[/size].

I guess you're just a BA driver type of guy. I will say that i love the way vocals sound on them, and they have excellent air. What I have a problem with is the way instruments like the cymbals sound...I just can't get with it. What kind of music are you listening to?

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:22 PM Post #4,581 of 9,690
I can see why so many people don't like this cable...I'm having issues with my seal too, guess I'll have to experiment with some different tips.

The good news is they don't seem terribly uncomfortable to me, at least not yet.

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #4,582 of 9,690
Just received mine this afternoon. I immediately plug it into an audio source and discovered that my right ear monitor was not working at all. Dead on arrival.... Have to send it out to get a replacement which may take a while.....not what I was expecting when I got home today.

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #4,583 of 9,690

Quote:
I can see why so many people don't like this cable...I'm having issues with my seal too, guess I'll have to experiment with some different tips.

The good news is they don't seem terribly uncomfortable to me, at least not yet.

How do the Tf10 compare to the MTP Copper and MDT, especially on bass and soundstage?

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #4,584 of 9,690
:frowning2: I'm regretting more and more that I didn't buy these while they were on sale. The only real audiophile equipment I have are my ATH-m50's, not that I don't like them, it's just that I don't know how anything else sounds like. And from what I've been reading, these are a great pair of IEMs, especially for that price :frowning2:. Sigh... Oh well, I hope you all are enjoying!

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #4,585 of 9,690

Quote:

The housing is oversized, the Super Fi 3 and SF 5 were actually great fits... the longer L housings let you get a deeper fit if you needed it, for me I use the mediums and they go IN there... the problem with the TF10 is that they stuff one more armature into what was already a perfectly design!

The cable is actually resoldered to itself on the y-split instead of them just de braiding it and splitting it off. How that saves time is beyond me haha

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #4,586 of 9,690
Anyone else having a ridiculously difficult time removing the stock cable? I have an aftermarket cable I've used in the past with an older set of TF10's, but the stock cable my newly arrived set are giving me an incredibly tough time. 
blink.gif

Nov 28, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #4,587 of 9,690
I responded to your PM. As far as differences with the Miles Davis Tribute, the MDT has a ton more bass, both mid-bass and sub-bass. Also the midrange is forward on the MDT, so vocals for instance sound really close to you. And it has a much smaller soundstage which was apparently done to convey the atmosphere of a small jazz club.

Quote:
How do the Tf10 compare to the MTP Copper and MDT, especially on bass and soundstage?

Nov 28, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #4,588 of 9,690
I just recently got these in the mail today. They sound AMAZING compared to my Meelectronic A151s. I'm having trouble with the fit though. I've tried complys and a bunch of the stock tips that they came with. I just can't get a good fit with anything, i'm guessing because my ear canals are so small. Also the cable is horribly bad imo. If i can't get a good fit with these any time soon, i might just end up selling them or hopefully trading them for something else.

Nov 28, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #4,589 of 9,690
If the a151 fit you then so should the TF10s even with small canals. The trick is in getting the right shape with the memory wire so the TF10s are in at the right angle.

Quote:
I just recently got these in the mail today. They sound AMAZING compared to my Meelectronic A151s. I'm having trouble with the fit though. I've tried complys and a bunch of the stock tips that they came with. I just can't get a good fit with anything, i'm guessing because my ear canals are so small. Also the cable is horribly bad imo. If i can't get a good fit with these any time soon, i might just end up selling them or hopefully trading them for something else.

Nov 28, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #4,590 of 9,690

Quote:
Anyone else having a ridiculously difficult time removing the stock cable? I have an aftermarket cable I've used in the past with an older set of TF10's, but the stock cable my newly arrived set are giving me an incredibly tough time. 
blink.gif

The first time I took them out I nearly ripped the skin off my fingers trying to pull them out. After that it was easy (and then became too easy to pull off)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back