Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 12, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #3,962 of 9,690
The hybrids sound hole is too small for the TF10 dual bore nozzle IMO.  I agree with Spyro on the complys.  They had the larger sound hole, letting that airy treble come through better and were comfortable.  Normally the real hybrids are my favorite tip but not on the TF10's.

Aug 13, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #3,963 of 9,690
Hey guys, i need some help. Yesterday, my pair of tf10s got screwed up somehow and the left driver became significantly louder than the right driver. I panicked and tried to fix it and being the curious idiot i am, i used a needle to try to clean the nozzle of my tf10s and accidentally poked the red thing in the nozzle of the tf10 and there is a hole. Can someone tell me what that red cover thing is and did i just screw my tf10 up? The tf10's somehow did not have the problem of the left driver being louder than the right when i woke up this morning though. and i am pretty sure that the problem is not with my cables

Aug 13, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #3,964 of 9,690
The red thing is the acoustic filter. By right the sound's suppose to be different once you remove or damage it. You could try to contact UE and ask if they could replace it, but they might not since the damage was not due to defects or faults

Aug 13, 2011 at 10:19 AM Post #3,966 of 9,690
If you're fine with the sound, then of course! you could also try to sweet talk UE to replace it, since the original cause of you panicking was the dimming of the left side, which should be a defect after all

Aug 13, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #3,969 of 9,690
This may not be the place to do this but..

i have the Large little cushions which i have not used and i am looking for the Small little cushions.

I am interested in a small trade because i am using medium and it sort of "hurts" a little lol
Before, it used to hurt me more when i inserted them but i grew out the pain i guess

Aug 15, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #3,970 of 9,690
Aug 16, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #3,971 of 9,690
Well I got some other for cables my triple fis and I managed to 'stretch' out the sockets.

How do i fix them and how do I know if I pick up something like null-audio's lune cable.

Hindsight is 20/20 so any suggestions? lol

Aug 16, 2011 at 2:16 AM Post #3,972 of 9,690
Get them pinned for UE customs, it's the next best thing if your sockets are loosey goosey

Aug 16, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #3,973 of 9,690

:L i posted this review a while ago, but when I edited it to make a few changes, it made a new post for me. So enjoy, its on chrishimself and his awesome cables for my TF10s

Sound
Highs: Clear? Just clear as always, don't seem to hear much difference from before but they always sounded magnificent so its great, no harm done. Just enjoyed them thoroughly, except my source (HTC Desire HD) can get sibilant at times, but its the same with other earphones and cables anyway. A fiddle of the EQ helped

Mids: Just wish I had the stock cables to directly compare to, from memory these sound way better. Vocals are definatey present, clear and full, and I seem to enjoy a lot songs a lot more with these cables. Don't blame me if its just imaginary, but if i do recall correctly, the mids are significantly improved with these.

Bass: Well, they're even better than before. At first, i thought they were lacking, because the bass were dominant with the stock cable, probably because the mids were slightly less present, and now, the mids are more obvious. But I'm starting to enjoy the bass more, its definately not lacking, maybe just not as overpowering or dominant as it used to be. Maybe these cables aren't so good if you are a basshead, as there might be other cables that give even more bass than the stock, but the bass is still really good :L

So, other stuff...

Build quality is great, definatly not as curly/memory(ish?) as the stock cables. It's remained quite straight, but curls up a bit. It's very thin, so it might seem like they might break easily, but a month or two in my pocket hasn't done any damage. From what I can see, it's very tough, and its not gonna break like the stock cables i had. It looks great too, and with the awesome sound, there's little to complain about, but of course, there are a few annoying details

1. Microphonics. Like crazy. I'd be lying if I said it was bearable while running, because if you don't wear a jumper/put it under a shirt, or use a shirt clip, you seriously won't listen to these while walking/jogging. I found this really annoying, but I'd say this is normally not a problem for most others as they're meant to be over the ear, which i normally don't do. Will re-edit when I get them back again and try them over the ear. Recommend the PTFE tubing/nylon or something (maybe a shirt clip?) that chrishimself might have that helps it out.
2. The plugs are a bit too long? The connector to the earpieces seem too long for the port because its not recessed like the stock cable, it fits but the cable is sticking out, but a small piece of duct tape and I couldn't tell the difference.
3. Just a minor point, the y-splitter seems oddly low. Maybe 5 cm below where it normally is, doesn't really change much but it just feels weird. Biggest example is just pulling them out of my pockets, I can't just immediately find the two ear-tips because the cable is equal length between the left earpiece/right earpiece/plug. Ask for a wooden slider, just something that chrishimself will put on if you ask nicely :) But it's really not a "problem" because it doesn't make the cables any less awesome :D

Anyways, the earphones are great, the sound is exactly what I'm looking for, and definately a big plus is the fast service/replies and delivery. If you make sure you know what you want with your cable, I'm sure you'll find it perfect for your set of TF10s :D

Aug 16, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #3,974 of 9,690
Haha thanks man, yeah I think I accidently gave you Westone pins...

I sent you your fresh new cables (minus Westies) out on Monday buddy.

As for microphonics, yeah my bad, I'm going to experiment with a looser braid (mine is very tight and neat) to see if that dulls it down. I think the y-connect dampens it a bit too.

I'm more than happy you gave such an honest review though and I'm relieved you love them :)

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #3,975 of 9,690
Is the bass quality better though?
How do microphonics compare to stock cables?
MN =)

Quote:

:L i posted this review a while ago, but when I edited it to make a few changes, it made a new post for me. So enjoy, its on chrishimself and his awesome cables for my TF10s

Sound
Highs: Clear? Just clear as always, don't seem to hear much difference from before but they always sounded magnificent so its great, no harm done. Just enjoyed them thoroughly, except my source (HTC Desire HD) can get sibilant at times, but its the same with other earphones and cables anyway. A fiddle of the EQ helped

Mids: Just wish I had the stock cables to directly compare to, from memory these sound way better. Vocals are definatey present, clear and full, and I seem to enjoy a lot songs a lot more with these cables. Don't blame me if its just imaginary, but if i do recall correctly, the mids are significantly improved with these.

Bass: Well, they're even better than before. At first, i thought they were lacking, because the bass were dominant with the stock cable, probably because the mids were slightly less present, and now, the mids are more obvious. But I'm starting to enjoy the bass more, its definately not lacking, maybe just not as overpowering or dominant as it used to be. Maybe these cables aren't so good if you are a basshead, as there might be other cables that give even more bass than the stock, but the bass is still really good :L

So, other stuff...

Build quality is great, definatly not as curly/memory(ish?) as the stock cables. It's remained quite straight, but curls up a bit. It's very thin, so it might seem like they might break easily, but a month or two in my pocket hasn't done any damage. From what I can see, it's very tough, and its not gonna break like the stock cables i had. It looks great too, and with the awesome sound, there's little to complain about, but of course, there are a few annoying details

1. Microphonics. Like crazy. I'd be lying if I said it was bearable while running, because if you don't wear a jumper/put it under a shirt, or use a shirt clip, you seriously won't listen to these while walking/jogging. I found this really annoying, but I'd say this is normally not a problem for most others as they're meant to be over the ear, which i normally don't do. Will re-edit when I get them back again and try them over the ear. Recommend the PTFE tubing/nylon or something (maybe a shirt clip?) that chrishimself might have that helps it out.
2. The plugs are a bit too long? The connector to the earpieces seem too long for the port because its not recessed like the stock cable, it fits but the cable is sticking out, but a small piece of duct tape and I couldn't tell the difference.
3. Just a minor point, the y-splitter seems oddly low. Maybe 5 cm below where it normally is, doesn't really change much but it just feels weird. Biggest example is just pulling them out of my pockets, I can't just immediately find the two ear-tips because the cable is equal length between the left earpiece/right earpiece/plug. Ask for a wooden slider, just something that chrishimself will put on if you ask nicely :) But it's really not a "problem" because it doesn't make the cables any less awesome :D

Anyways, the earphones are great, the sound is exactly what I'm looking for, and definately a big plus is the fast service/replies and delivery. If you make sure you know what you want with your cable, I'm sure you'll find it perfect for your set of TF10s :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back