Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 21, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #3,993 of 9,690

Quote:
Btw the openings of the tips seem bigger than the hybrids I'm used to seeing, and it seems like just the size I'm looking for. What size are those??

I dug out all the tips I have for the TF10:

The left ones are the stock tips, from smallest (top) to largest (bottom). The right ones are the Hybrids, from smallest to largest (the two middles are identical medium sized ones). The Hybrids are all genuine. The holes are quite a bit smaller than the TF10 tips but to me the sound isn't affected that much and more importantly they actually fit in my ears.

Aug 21, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #3,994 of 9,690
Oh. I'm still quite peeved at the small holes of the hybrids. To me it's the opposite, and they change the sound quite a bit, so I've scrapped and replaced them with some translucent tips from some other random pair of IEMs, which fit well enough as a temporary(may well be permanent) replacement. Maybe I should purchase another pack of hybrids and try modding them

Still, why couldn't Sony realise the popularity of these and make another type with a larger hole!

Aug 21, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #3,995 of 9,690
Just took them off my years and now staring at them, Am I the only one who's using bi-flangles with the tf10pro?

Aug 21, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #3,996 of 9,690

Quote:
Just took them off my years and now staring at them, Am I the only one who's using bi-flangles with the tf10pro?

They make my ears itch for some reason! They just are kinda scratchy and I always have to remove them to give my ears a little scratch on the inside every few minutes...

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #3,998 of 9,690

The bi-flangles were the ones which fitted the best but they were itchy. I might have got sued to it, now instead of every few minutes I scratch my ears every few hours haha...

Quote:
Mine's worse. They hit the side of my ears and fold up, blocking out all sound from the IEMs. they were kinda comfy though

You might've inserted them way too deep. When I push them inside my ear canals, they first fold up blocking the sound, but when I release they would relax and the sound comes out perfectly

Aug 21, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #3,999 of 9,690

The bi-flangles were the ones which fitted the best but they were itchy. I might have got sued to it, now instead of every few minutes I scratch my ears every few hours haha...

You might've inserted them way too deep. When I push them inside my ear canals, they first fold up blocking the sound, but when I release they would relax and the sound comes out perfectly

Maybe. But I think it's cause my ears are shaped pretty wierd. Every comply I tried, long or short would either block out all the sound, or not seal at all. Same goes for the tri-flange. Still, it could be as what you said, but I'll only find out once I make ear impressions for a custom some time in the future! :D

Aug 21, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #4,000 of 9,690
Custom!! 
etysmile.gif
 It's like a milestone in an audiophile's life haha

Aug 21, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #4,002 of 9,690

Waiting to purchase some biflanges soon. I use those most of the timeee.
Quote:

Aug 21, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #4,004 of 9,690

Quote:
I'm so tempted to send my TF10's off to Kozee.

You should, you're gonna get better isolation and feel that you are wearing no ear phones because it is contoured to your ear.  It feels like your ears are producing it's own music
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #4,005 of 9,690

Quote:

You should, you're gonna get better isolation and feel that you are wearing no ear phones because it is contoured to your ear.  It feels like your ears are producing it's own music
biggrin.gif

If I can get some universals for cheap, my current pair is going to be sent off to Kozee. That way if I don't like the way it sounds I still have a pair of universals.

Or maybe I should do it anyways. I'm just nervous about making ear impressions by myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back