Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 11, 2011 at 4:15 AM Post #3,946 of 9,690
I ran a T3D with my TF10s, it sounds better. Definitely not value / sound improvement, but really, it never is. I prefer what a Digizoid ZO did though with the TF10s but the T3D/T3 is a very nice amp, its grown more and more over time, when I go back to unamped, I notice a difference immediately. The digital volume control is much better than my ipod for finding the best volume level, the touch screen is too fidgety and the rocker has too big a step for each increase.

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #3,947 of 9,690
HEY! You never told me when your ZO came in! I was worried man!

Aug 11, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #3,948 of 9,690
Anyone know where I can reshell some UE10s in the UK? And how much it would be. 

I really dislike the original fit and I am on the verge of selling them. The sound is great, but its just too uncomfortable to wear over a longer period. Think I have too small ear canals :/

Aug 11, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #3,949 of 9,690

Quote:
HEY! You never told me when your ZO came in! I was worried man!

Haha, sorry dude! I wasn't able to access HF over the weekend so I forgot. I've barely had time to play with it so far as I haven't thought of a good way to incorporate it into my portable setup yet as I'm already carrying an amp on the back of ipod. I hope they release the new version sometime soon, as that would solve some issues with lack of volume control. Very suited for the TF10s though, I have to say it significantly lessens the sibilance that I experience.

Aug 11, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #3,950 of 9,690

Quote:
Haha, sorry dude! I wasn't able to access HF over the weekend so I forgot. I've barely had time to play with it so far as I haven't thought of a good way to incorporate it into my portable setup yet as I'm already carrying an amp on the back of ipod. I hope they release the new version sometime soon, as that would solve some issues with lack of volume control. Very suited for the TF10s though, I have to say it significantly lessens the sibilance that I experience.

I'd imagine that the ZO  will give you the beefy bass to matched the more forward mids and treble clarity of certain "mods" you own.

How are you liking it? Yeah I thought the rocker switch was the volume control and it was kind of weird to have 2 things piggybacked to my Zune, but it was a pretty interesting experience! Made Grados sound kind of fun for the time I had it too

Aug 11, 2011 at 10:01 AM Post #3,951 of 9,690
it's a fun toy so far, but until I figure out a way of carrying it around easily, it's not going to see much use unfortunately. It definitely does not suit the SM3s I own, so if I want to switch up what I listen to, I have to take apart my setup every time.

I can't see myself shifting my T3D for the ZO as default as I listen to my SM3s as standard now. But if I wore only TF10s most of the time, the ZO would definitely be the best suiting item for it forget other amps, only need to wait for V2 and a proper volume control.

Aug 11, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #3,952 of 9,690

Quote:

yet the TF10 continues to hold its own in an increasingly crowded market. Is it still generally regarded as a "top tier" universal earphone?   

redface.gif

It should be but most people disregard it because of the profile which I have no problem with.  The more I listen to it the more I want to describe it as an "improved" W3.  They share traits of a large soundstage, fun, musical, great treble, slightly recessed midrange....but TF10 bass seems more controlled, no bass hump and the overall presentation seems more balanced and "audiophile".

Aug 11, 2011 at 12:47 PM Post #3,953 of 9,690
Found these for a really nice price so i figure before i dive in, i best ask some questions!

1. Will they need amping?
2. What kind of earbuds come with them? (I'm used to the comply that Shure have!)
3. What IEMs do they compare with?
4. Do you love them?
5. Are they worth getting re-shelled?

Aug 11, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #3,954 of 9,690

Quote:
Found these for a really nice price so i figure before i dive in, i best ask some questions!

2. What kind of earbuds come with them? (I'm used to the comply that Shure have!)
4. Do you love them?

1. Shouldn't need an amp.  They're 32 Ohm impedence.
2. They come with 3 sizes of rubber and some Comply's (T5, is the comply model number, IIRC).
3. Not sure / need to audition more higher-end IEMs.
4. Yes I love them.
5. Don't know, haven't done it (sound good and fit my ears so I'm hesitant to mess with a good thing.

Aug 11, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #3,955 of 9,690

Quote:

4. Do you love them?

1. Not really
2. Some crappy silicone ones and some foams (Sony Hybrids are awesome if you don't want foams)
3. Price wise, dual drivers, but sound wise I haven't found anything I like as much.
4. Yes.
5. Only if you can't get a good seal and comfortable fit.

Aug 11, 2011 at 3:12 PM Post #3,957 of 9,690
Aug 12, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #3,958 of 9,690
Thank you! I'm thinking of diving into the deep and purchasing these today!

Quote:
1. Not really
2. Some crappy silicone ones and some foams (Sony Hybrids are awesome if you don't want foams)
3. Price wise, dual drivers, but sound wise I haven't found anything I like as much.
4. Yes.
5. Only if you can't get a good seal and comfortable fit.

Quote:
1. Shouldn't need an amp.  They're 32 Ohm impedence.
2. They come with 3 sizes of rubber and some Comply's (T5, is the comply model number, IIRC).
3. Not sure / need to audition more higher-end IEMs.
4. Yes I love them.
5. Don't know, haven't done it (sound good and fit my ears so I'm hesitant to mess with a good thing.

Aug 12, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #3,959 of 9,690
Was always quite fond of the TF10 signature.  Had some fit problems with them staying in with the standard tips, yet kind of been wanting to give these guys another shot again, especially now armed with the Sony Hybrid tips. 

Those that have the hybrids on them, do they help with the fit at all (compared to the standard supplied tips + comply's)?

Aug 12, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #3,960 of 9,690

Quote:
Was always quite fond of the TF10 signature.  Had some fit problems with them staying in with the standard tips, yet kind of been wanting to give these guys another shot again, especially now armed with the Sony Hybrid tips. 

Those that have the hybrids on them, do they help with the fit at all (compared to the standard supplied tips + comply's)?

They don't seal that well with the standard fit and the Hybrids, but they fit amazingly with the flip flop mod. One of the most comfortable IEM's I've ever had (including the UM3x and SE215).

You may have a different experience but I think the Hybrids make them much more comfortable with a great seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back