Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jul 27, 2011 at 11:42 PM Post #3,887 of 9,690
YOU HEAR IT IN ALL OF ITS SCRATCHY BOOMY GLORY.

That or hold your cables in a clenched fist of anger

Jul 28, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #3,890 of 9,690
You still wear the IEM's over the ear, but you put the right ear piece in the left ear and vice versa. That makes the angle shallower with your ear, so the body doesn't stick out so far. For some people it's slightly more comfortable.

Jul 29, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #3,892 of 9,690

Quote:
Anyone know what is Airline attenuator for? And how does it work

You use it on airlines where the sound output from the onboard jacks may be too powerful for these sensitive IEM's, so it reduces the volume (and hissing). I'm pretty sure it's just a resistor in a fancy plastic housing.

Jul 30, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #3,893 of 9,690

Quote:
You use it on airlines where the sound output from the onboard jacks may be too powerful for these sensitive IEM's, so it reduces the volume (and hissing). I'm pretty sure it's just a resistor in a fancy plastic housing.

Will it reduce the volume of my music? Or just reduce the very high onboard announcement volume from the captain that may damage my IEM and my ears.

Jul 30, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #3,894 of 9,690

Quote:
Will it reduce the volume of my music? Or just reduce the very high onboard announcement volume from the captain that may damage my IEM and my ears.

both, its not some magical digital doowhop that will filter out content you dont want to hear and enhance that which you do, it's simply a resistor

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #3,896 of 9,690
Nah it just stops it from blowing out your ears lol.

Jul 31, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #3,899 of 9,690
The custom cable doesn't quite fit the TF.10's IIRC. The pins are a little too big =/

You'd need the production cable

Jul 31, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #3,900 of 9,690

Quote:
lol, THanks. I thought it is a filter that can limit highest volume like some mp3 players' function, kind of set a ceiling.

ReplayGain, clip+ has it, Zune and iPod dont, go figure.very useful, specially in the computer, foobar has it.

Quote:
where did you get this headphone cord you have the pic? Mine is about to wear out, and these look awesome! and more sturdy! thanks for the info

I have no idea! It does says UE in the Y split and the previous owner ( a headfier) told me UE sent it as a replace when the original broke.

Quote:

couldnt fint it there, but if you notice here http://ultimateears.com/en-us/products/universal-accessories 46" Replacement Cable (Black), it does specifies "Black" so maybe asking for the clear? the previous owner told me the clear is more sturdy and stronger, but also has more memory character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back