Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jun 6, 2011 at 4:10 AM Post #3,781 of 9,690
Agreed with this! I hope they do a redesign or something. While i can fit the TF10s well, they become uncomfortable after an hour or so and it just feels weird compared to other IEMs.

They are the easiest and one of the cheapest to acquire top tier IEMs, and with replacable cables to boot!

Quote:
PM member PBandStefean sandwich for that direct comparison! I'm sure he will be able to assist you :)

Thank you for the kind words NucGaek!

My personal input on cables regardless of who makes them is that they make a tremendous difference on the midrange and clarity of TF.10s especially. The high end is considered sparkly to some people who are sensitive to that sort of thing and the high-purity silver/copper that a lot of manufacturers use are great for sort of "curing" imbalances in IEM phones since they're rather sensitive to colorations in my opinion. While I thought the TF.10 was "neutral" since they had 3 drivers for rendering the entire frequency spectrum, I was completely wrong and they possess a very fun and pleasing U shaped tone haha. I don't exactly own a grail setup or anything but with my experience with the TF.10 and SF.5 Pro, they really made me a believer in cable upgrades. I really think the TF.10, wired properly can compete with the newer generation of IEMs.

Jun 6, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #3,782 of 9,690
Well I got my TF10's!

None of the stock tips worked, normally or flip flopped. I ended up sticking some Sony Hybrids on it and they actually fit! Plus the white tips look pretty awesome.

Jun 7, 2011 at 6:25 AM Post #3,783 of 9,690
Really? Can you take a picture of them with the white hybrids?
Considering buying both colours, wasn't sure that white would look right...

Jun 7, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #3,784 of 9,690
how do Sony Hybrids work? Is it like they have different nozzle sizes, as well as different tip sizes? Like a more refined S->M->L->biflangle scale? :S

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #3,785 of 9,690

Quote:
how do Sony Hybrids work? Is it like they have different nozzle sizes, as well as different tip sizes? Like a more refined S->M->L->biflangle scale? :S

Nope, they're called hybrids because the core, the part that fits over the nozzle, is made of a stiffer material than the outside.  This means that the outer material can be even softer than normal since you don't have to worry about the core collapsing in your ear.

Jun 7, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #3,786 of 9,690
Here's the TF10's with the Sony Hybrids. I really like the white.;

Also, my impressions after the first day of using them outside:

They constantly feel like they've come unsealed and are about to fall out because so much of the IEM hangs out of your ear, but they still keep sealed and won't come out even with eating and shaking my head about to get them to fall out. They just feel very odd, like they're not even there.

Jun 7, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #3,787 of 9,690
you can try wearing them reversely, like plug the left cable to the right ear piece. The ue sign should be faced towards your ears then, and it doesn't curve outside any more.

if you get what I mean

Jun 7, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #3,788 of 9,690

Quote:
Nope, they're called hybrids because the core, the part that fits over the nozzle, is made of a stiffer material than the outside.  This means that the outer material can be even softer than normal since you don't have to worry about the core collapsing in your ear.

And softer the better fit, am I right? Do you still need a tip size for them then, or are they hence universal?

oh and, universal nozzle size, or universal tip size?

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #3,789 of 9,690

Quote:
And softer the better fit, am I right? Do you still need a tip size for them then, or are they hence universal?

oh and, universal nozzle size, or universal tip size?

Only one nozzle size, since they're really designed as replacements for the EX600 and EX1000.  But there are a lot of different sizes.  Though most of them only seem to be available bundled with an EX1000...

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #3,790 of 9,690

Quote:
you can try wearing them reversely, like plug the left cable to the right ear piece. The ue sign should be faced towards your ears then, and it doesn't curve outside any more.

if you get what I mean

I tried that but the fit is way worse that worse.

I like the way they fit normally. I'm getting used to the fit. I'm just used to having IEM's that always sit kind of deep in your ear.

Jun 8, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #3,792 of 9,690

Quote:
I think my ear canals grew in size after owning them and getting used to them.

Not kidding.

Agree. I remember using small tips but now I find medium tips providing me a better fit

Jun 15, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #3,795 of 9,690
Wow, i absolutely killed my wires. Shoddy build quality/soldering/cabling caused the left side to go dead. 
No warranty so I've got a cable coming, but just wondering what you guys make of it.
Will post pics later :L

Users who are viewing this thread

Back