Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Apr 21, 2011 at 7:44 AM Post #3,691 of 9,690

I was looking at the cables by the exact same seller the other day! Go figure :p.

I'm currently bidding on a pair of TF10's on ebay, that end today, so should have them next week :D
Quote:
Just got mine today and will be investing for some good cables like this and a Leckerton UHA-4
Hopefully they won't ruin the already awesome sound(especially the bass).
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2011 at 9:34 AM Post #3,692 of 9,690
They look like they are pricing to undercut Null Audio's business, based out of Singapore as well. It'd be good for someone to do a comparison, as I've debated whether Null whilst having a great rep, but slow service deserved such a markup on their cables.

Apr 21, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #3,693 of 9,690
Some Glamour shots of the new Pearl V2s from Effect Audio.
Excellent build, not to mention looking great.

Slight microphonics due to the nylon filament braiding, but once worn over the ear, it's quite alot better.

It does tend to hold its initial coil though, so it requires a lil listening up on the physical side. Really even braids, not as tight as the ES2, but well done nonetheless.

As for SQ, opened soundstage seems to be the most apparent to me. It somehow dosn't feel as dense as the stock cabling.
I do also hear a clearer output thru-out the whole spectrum of sound. Top end treble seems to benefit the most too.
Layering and instrumental separation was an up in addition.

Most importantly, Effect Audio has given me nothing but great service. Maybe because im in Singapore too, but his quick and objective replies did it for me.

Apologise for not having the Null's to compare to though.

Thanx Peeps!

Apr 21, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #3,694 of 9,690
I wish there were some DIY connectors available to build our own cables.  =\
I guess I would have to mutilate an original UE cable, I suppose.

Also, I tried unplugging the cable on my set just to look at the connection there, but the plugs are really stuck in there, I'm afraid of using too much force and damaging it.  Screw it, lol.
For the time being, my TF10 works flawlessly and no cable issues during these past 5-6 months that I've had them.

Apr 21, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #3,695 of 9,690
Lovely shots Pitch Black! Good points about the nylon filament, I've always liked lighter cables that bear the lightest load on my ears so I can more easily forget that I'm wearing headphones and the coiling issue is something I hadn't thought of. I've been in touch with Kevin about ordering the Lune, and I do expect silver as the better conductor to be strong in terms of highs, but the TF10s are good in that area already. Is there really a noticeable change in the mids? that's the question, or am I just getting a nicer looking and possibly more durable cable?

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #3,696 of 9,690
Well, if you ask me, there seems to be an enhanced mid range, but maybe that is because of the broader soundstage too.
And yes, these are pretty darn well built.
But do note that these don't come with a neck choker, so i might add in a short length of silicone tubing they use for RC engines.
Small tinklets i have from my other expensive hobby. 
darthsmile.gif

Note: I'm sending in my stock TF10s to Stage93 customs for reshelling, as well as an additional low and mid driver. Making them a 5 driver config. We'll see how that turns out.

Apr 22, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #3,697 of 9,690
So what cables are there for the triple fi 10's?
All I've heard of are the westone ones, jabens, effect-audio and null-audio's cables... any more?
What would be better, the westones or the jabens, because they seem to be the only ones in my pricerange :S

Apr 22, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #3,698 of 9,690
I got a spare pair of TF10s, and am also considering reshelling my old pair with maybe an additional mid tweeter to bring out the mids... Read from other threads that the end result might not be even close to the original tho... Kinda put off by the price (can buy another 2 more TF10) for the experiment...

Apr 24, 2011 at 11:23 AM Post #3,700 of 9,690
Yeah... the mids still isn't where I want em... already improved, especially driven with the Shadow, but I'm pretty into vocals at the moment~ Still yet to have the time to inquire as to the cost in Singapore... Would be prohibitive if its going to cost almost as much as getting a pair of customs >..<

Apr 24, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #3,701 of 9,690
I'm starting to have second thoughts about the cable upgrade, whether if the difference is significant enough to warrant the investment, perhaps a high quality amp would do more for the sound..

Apr 24, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #3,702 of 9,690
I'm starting to have second thoughts about the cable upgrade, whether if the difference is significant enough to warrant the investment, perhaps a high quality amp would do more for the sound..

An amp will do more for the sound. Also look into the digiZoid ZO if you'd like more bass response. If the ridiculously stiff cable drives you completely mad, then it's worth replacing but expensive.

Apr 24, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #3,703 of 9,690

Quote:
I'm starting to have second thoughts about the cable upgrade, whether if the difference is significant enough to warrant the investment, perhaps a high quality amp would do more for the sound.

Well, the construction of the cable does affect whether or not it makes any difference at all.  You want to avoid cables with braided wires, crisscrossing different signals is bad, then you want to avoid low-quality plugs which will partly offset what little difference the cable can make.  It won't be cheap.

If I stick my TF10 in my player, sure it sounds good, but my Minibox-E+ brings out more of its potential, fleshing out everything a bit more, better bass response, better imaging and soundstage, slightly more clarity, more separation, cleaner sound, more open sounding, and more.  It's all small differences, but they accumulate.  A top-tier amp will make a worthwhile improvement, in my opinion.  However, then there's the cost to consider.  Is the difference worth the price plus added bulk?  Depends on you.

Apr 24, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #3,704 of 9,690
The difference was pretty significant when I upgraded my LOD to solid coppers, and again when I upgraded that to gold... And when I finally changed my TF10 cables there was yet another jump... I realise I can never go back to Apple buds or stock TF10s out of the hp jack for that matter >..<

Apr 25, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #3,705 of 9,690

Users who are viewing this thread

Back