Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 3, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #3,331 of 9,690
Bah, you're right.  They're working just fine out of my phone and my computer.   Bummer.   I'd rather have just had to send these in to get replaced than have to look for a whole new source. Was thinking my old iPod video would finally start to get some use, but guess not. 

Dec 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #3,333 of 9,690
Actually, after continuing to listen to it through my phone, I can hear the buzzing sound in the background too.  It's softer than the iPod, but still there. Same with from my computer. Hmm..

Dec 3, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #3,335 of 9,690

Quote:
you can always make your own custom molds for the 10's.
i used radians custom soft mold pair, i picked it up on ebay for 12 bucks .
so far i like it and it seems to have better isolation, but getting used to putting them in takes a bit

details, please!

Dec 3, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #3,336 of 9,690
Quote:
Actually, after continuing to listen to it through my phone, I can hear the buzzing sound in the background too.  It's softer than the iPod, but still there. Same with from my computer. Hmm..

The TF10 are low impedence and hiss is audible on many sources with it. Adding the attenuator increases the impedence but rolls off the highs. Theres no way around it.

Quote:
I do agree with the mids overwhelming the highs. I do love hearing the separation of instruments and the clarity of highs, but the mids do sound loud. Maybe I'm just used to cheap stuff (Monster Turbine, UE metro.fi 200v, AT AD300).

I hear the opposite of you!, haha. To me the TF10 have very recessed mids. I greatly prefer the sound of the RE0 to the TF10. To my ears, atleast, guitars especially sound more full and powerful when I listen to the RE0. The TF10 have a v-shaped sound.

Dec 4, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #3,337 of 9,690
Man it's amazing how much people hear differently with IEM's! I guess how the shape of ones ears and the fit make all the difference.

The stock tips did not fit me at all, the comply tips did but murdered the mids and highs. Went to bestbuy today and they had the Sony Hybrid tips a lot of people recommended. These are wayyyyyyy more comfortable than the provided tips, and the sound is much improved to my ears because they actually fit!

I gotta say though, the mids are very nice on these, loud and clear, maybe a little forward like Fear stated, but definitely not recessed to me. The bottom end is self-explanatory, I am sure most people agree they are full bodied with lots of impact. The highs are very smooth to me, no SSSSSSSSS or fatigue, just perfect. (although I think they could use a bit more sparkle on the top-end. Reminds me of the trademark Sennheiser highs)

I think I got my money's worth, would I pay full retail price for these? No way, neither would I pay retail price for any portable IEM over $200. But at the price I got them for, they are worth every penny once I purchased the Sony Hybrid tips. Not to mention I sold my Ultimate Ears 700 for more than I purchased these Triple.fi 10's :)

Dec 4, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #3,338 of 9,690

Quote:
Man it's amazing how much people hear differently with IEM's! I guess how the shape of ones ears and the fit make all the difference.

The stock tips did not fit me at all, the comply tips did but murdered the mids and highs. Went to bestbuy today and they had the Sony Hybrid tips a lot of people recommended. These are wayyyyyyy more comfortable than the provided tips, and the sound is much improved to my ears because they actually fit!

I gotta say though, the mids are very nice on these, loud and clear, maybe a little forward like Fear stated, but definitely not recessed to me. The bottom end is self-explanatory, I am sure most people agree they are full bodied with lots of impact. The highs are very smooth to me, no SSSSSSSSS or fatigue, just perfect. (although I think they could use a bit more sparkle on the top-end. Reminds me of the trademark Sennheiser highs)

I think I got my money's worth, would I pay full retail price for these? No way, neither would I pay retail price for any portable IEM over $200. But at the price I got them for, they are worth every penny once I purchased the Sony Hybrid tips. Not to mention I sold my Ultimate Ears 700 for more than I purchased these Triple.fi 10's :)

I agree with everything in this post

Dec 4, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #3,342 of 9,690
I got my TF10 and I am disappointed with the way it fits.  I am thinking about getting reshelled, but after adding up the cost of getting them reshelled, I could get a SM3.  I am not sure what to do. I am sure the earsonic would fit well as I have a westone UM2 that fits my ears amazingly. Should I reshell or sell and get an SM3 is the question I have in my head. I really like the sound of my Grado HF-2 on MAD ear+ amp and I am trying to find an IEM that sounds similar with more bass.. thanks..

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #3,343 of 9,690
I had troubles with the sm3 fit as well.... 

Dec 4, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #3,344 of 9,690

Quote:
so how is the comfort/SQ of your DIY solution? I may recommend this solution to my friend who doesn't wanna fork up the cash for reshelling.

Quote:

the video is on youtube    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmk-y_9exJ8
its pretty easy to do, crappy iphone pic

SQ is better imho  buts its do to the better seal in the ear 
its the best fit iv had with any of the tips. it blocks out the surrounding noise better the the olives and the silicone tips
comfort wise  i can sleep with them in   , in the pic i did not  have them pushed into the molds all the way,  i just washed them with the laundry
once the mold is cured it has the consistency of soft silicone tips, it took me 2 tries to get them done right, but well worth the 20bucks

Dec 4, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #3,345 of 9,690

Quote:
I got my TF10 and I am disappointed with the way it fits.  I am thinking about getting reshelled, but after adding up the cost of getting them reshelled, I could get a SM3.  I am not sure what to do. I am sure the earsonic would fit well as I have a westone UM2 that fits my ears amazingly. Should I reshell or sell and get an SM3 is the question I have in my head. I really like the sound of my Grado HF-2 on MAD ear+ amp and I am trying to find an IEM that sounds similar with more bass.. thanks..

At risk of repeating the usual advice - I have no experience with any of those, but anybody complaining about fit should try the (100% free) flip-flop mod. I hated, hated, hated the fit before, too; now these are among my favorite phones. The only problem is the treble being a tad harsh, and of course the hassle of keeping your ears clean without sticking anything in there (besides the IEMs that is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back