Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Sep 27, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #3,226 of 9,690

Hi Guys, which of the IE8 tips are these, they're not easily listed on the Sennheiser site. 
Are they the Ear adapter double mold or the Lamella ear adapters ?

Thanks guys

Quote:

img2902k.jpg

Sep 27, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #3,229 of 9,690
I have the Null Audio Enyo Cable it brings up the mids a bit and seems to tighten up the bass.  I compared my set to a colleagues who has the stock cable, his cable is wearing a bit so I think he's going to get an aftermarket cable.  I really love my Triple Fis.

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #3,232 of 9,690
It seems to be impossible to get a replacement cable for the tf10s in the UK at the moment. None of the proper channels seem to have them - can't find one on Amazon at all. I ordered one from China on ebay and they wouldn't actually fit properly into the headphones. I had to practically force them in and broke the memory wire trying to pull them out again, I've never had that problem with the cable before. 

Sep 30, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #3,233 of 9,690
Ugh! I haven't been travelling much recently but a few weeks ago my left earphone on my Triple Fis  started cutting out, and although I had meant to contact Ultimate ears in order to get a new cable(I'm still within warranty), today I was hoping to try to see if I could detach the cable first to see if I could pull it off. So I go to the website to look at their guide to try to remove the cable, and it tells me to tug wiggle and rock firmly while pulling to get it out because it might be a tight connection.

Well, it was tight enough, I thought I was on my way to disconnect it but just managed to tug the connection right out of the thing!  To make things worse, I tried to see if I couldn't take the IEM connector out from the wire, and managed to take out the dangling wire left, so it's just a loose in the air connection now. Of course I still have my amazon invoice so I can send it back in if necessary, so it's not a total loss, but do you think I'd be better off emailing Logitech or calling in?

Oct 1, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #3,234 of 9,690
I used email when I had an issue with the wire on my UE700s, they responded promptly and issued a return label for the phones.  I got new ones, in brand new retail packaging, about a week later.  Sold those on eBay, and just upgraded to the Triple.Fi today. 

I was satisfied with Logitech/UE customer service via email.

Oct 1, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #3,235 of 9,690
Ok, so I'm on the email support page now and it's asking me for the PID/SN and the PN(Part Number). Looking at the bottom of the packaging box, I think I have those numbers, but I'm not sure if they're right and which one corresponds to which even if they were. Does anyone know where and which those things are? I'm probably looking at them right now, but I'd like to be sure and I think I can get this done faster by asking you guys rather than making separate Logitech emails.

Oct 1, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #3,236 of 9,690

Quote:
I used email when I had an issue with the wire on my UE700s, they responded promptly and issued a return label for the phones.  I got new ones, in brand new retail packaging, about a week later.  Sold those on eBay, and just upgraded to the Triple.Fi today. 

I was satisfied with Logitech/UE customer service via email.

Good deal. Hope you like the Triples. 

Oct 1, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #3,237 of 9,690

Quote:
Ok, so I'm on the email support page now and it's asking me for the PID/SN and the PN(Part Number). Looking at the bottom of the packaging box, I think I have those numbers, but I'm not sure if they're right and which one corresponds to which even if they were. Does anyone know where and which those things are? I'm probably looking at them right now, but I'd like to be sure and I think I can get this done faster by asking you guys rather than making separate Logitech emails.

Must be those. I'm looking at mine right now. The PID/SN should be the first number. The part number is always the one below the barcode. Just send these numbers and see what happening. Can't think of anything else.

Oct 3, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #3,240 of 9,690
They did require that I sent them a copy of my invoice from when I purchased them as proof of purchase.  I am not sure how much luck you would have if they were bought on the used market, hopefully they would still take care of you, good companies do.  I bought my TF 10s used, so if I have problems, I guess I will find out how good their CS actually is.  Hopefully I won't have to, and at least the TFs have a replaceable cable, so if they won't help, if it is just a cable problem it can be solved cheaply and easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back