Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jun 3, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #3,122 of 9,690
[size=12pt]My Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Experience[/size] with Pics and Video!

[size=10pt]Overall impression:[/size]

A+= Packaging
A+ =Look
A+=  Sound

FBuild Quality

Gravely disappointed with the build quality. I already have puncture points on both wires. But SQ was greatPictures and Video after the Jump.

Finally, today was the day that my TF10s came. I was anxious to see if they had arrived yet so I checked Air21's tracking page. Very accurate actually. It tells you where your package is, and how many transfers its gone through.

They came in an Air 21 package

p6030866.jpg

Great Packaging

p6030867.jpg

TF10s!

p6030874.jpg

Backside

p6030876.jpg

Candy Case Contents

p6030887.jpg

TF10s out of the box

p6030888.jpg

HERE COME THE PUNCTURES Tsk Tsk

p6030898.jpg

Sadly, that was the unit I got. Sir Leo called me regarding warranty but said it would still be in the U.S. and would take time. Replacement wires cost 40 dollars. :/. The build quality ruined my day... but overall, the TF10s are great. A partner for my other IEMs. 

and finally,

Video Link of Unboxing and Review by Yours Truly. Please do check it out and comment, sirs! 
smiley.gif

Jun 3, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #3,125 of 9,690

Quote:
The stock cables are horrendous, there's no doubt about that.

Indeed. I'm considering getting those Enyo cables. Do those have memory wires too?

Quote:
Ah I remember the good old days of unboxing my Triples and taking tons of pics. Good times :)

I love that feeling. :) 

Check out the video guys! :D

Jun 3, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #3,126 of 9,690
Hmm the replacement cables I got for my TF10 doesn't exactly hold the left earphone very well. Like it pulls off way too easily.

Ugh I think I'm going to buy a third party replacement cable.

I hear some Westones are usable? Hate to be beating a dead horse but does it work? or do i need to trim it or something? I don't think I'm willing to pay 70 bucks for the cheaper Null audio let alone the 110 dollar ones

Jun 4, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #3,127 of 9,690
I have had TF10 for over 3 years now and I am still amazed by their sound. Absolute bliss if you like Rock / Metal / Techno. The low is amazing and the higs just detailed enough to make them fun and not harsh. 

These are my work and gym headphones. Best part about them they sound almost as good through my iPhone as they do through my Lavry DA10.

Best value for money IEMs in my opinion.

Jun 4, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #3,128 of 9,690

Quote:
The stock cables are horrendous, there's no doubt about that.

Indeed, I'm thinking of getting myself some Null Audio Enyos

Quote:
Ah I remember the good old days of unboxing my Triples and taking tons of pics. Good times :)

Good times. :). These are my babies.

So what's your opinion on the Enyos? Do they affect sound quality? 

Jun 4, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #3,129 of 9,690
Ah I remember vividly unpacking mine.
And I remember when I first hear them!
Eargasm lololol. (Still having eargasm now
gs1000.gif
)

And yeah change the cable, the stock ones suck.

I've heard UM3, UM3X, W3, 530, X10, IE8 and I still prefer TF10's SQ.
Best universal IEM indeed, IMO.

Jun 4, 2010 at 8:41 AM Post #3,130 of 9,690
I recently bought a triple-fi 10 earphones. Pretty satisfied with the sound, although the fact that it sticks out of the ears doesn't exactly relay a positive fashion sense. I experience the same problem of puncture points of both wires, though I initially thought it was supposed to be that way (I'm a noob really). Does the puncture points affect the sound much? Think I would prefer to get replacement cables rather than send it in for warranty though. Another thing, how does the flip-flop mod affect the sound?

Jun 4, 2010 at 9:11 AM Post #3,131 of 9,690

Quote:
[size=12pt]My Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Experience[/size] with Pics and Video!

[size=10pt]Overall impression:[/size]

A+= Packaging
A+ =Look
A+=  Sound

FBuild Quality

Gravely disappointed with the build quality. I already have puncture points on both wires. But SQ was greatPictures and Video after the Jump.

Finally, today was the day that my TF10s came. I was anxious to see if they had arrived yet so I checked Air21's tracking page. Very accurate actually. It tells you where your package is, and how many transfers its gone through.

They came in an Air 21 package

Great Packaging

TF10s!

Backside

Candy Case Contents

TF10s out of the box

HERE COME THE PUNCTURES Tsk Tsk

p6030898.jpg

Sadly, that was the unit I got. Sir Leo called me regarding warranty but said it would still be in the U.S. and would take time. Replacement wires cost 40 dollars. :/. The build quality ruined my day... but overall, the TF10s are great. A partner for my other IEMs. 

and finally,

Video Link of Unboxing and Review by Yours Truly. Please do check it out and comment, sirs! 
smiley.gif

I think you'll find those 'punctures' are in fact where the memory section of the cable ends.  It's the same on mine, given it doesn't look pretty but it does the job...

Having said that, my cable is broken at the jack internally after 3-4 months of use.  It has to be in just the right position otherwise I get buzzing in my right channel or it cuts out altogether :frowning2:

If anyone can recommend a new cable for my trips it would be much appreciated (preferably with no modding, I don't really want to cut the pins).

Jun 4, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #3,132 of 9,690

Quote:
Hmm the replacement cables I got for my TF10 doesn't exactly hold the left earphone very well. Like it pulls off way too easily.

I hear some Westones are usable? Hate to be beating a dead horse but does it work? or do i need to trim it or something? I don't think I'm willing to pay 70 bucks for the cheaper Null audio let alone the 110 dollar ones

Westones need to be shaved down for a proper fit, else it requires some force to shove it in to the sockets. Look on eBay, there's a couple cables that's less than $50, seems to be at least a better build compared to the stock cable.

Jun 4, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #3,134 of 9,690

Quote:

Westone cables does need trim I think, at least what I read here. Try look on eBay, there should be a few cables to find below 70 $.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back