Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Mar 14, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #2,971 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone can confirm that the Future Sonics replacement cable fit the TripleFis without modification? The stock straight plug cable is really really annoying.

If it's just the plug that's bothering you, something like this may be a lot cheaper to solve all your problems. I ordered one when I was originally waiting for my replacement TF10s to come back from Logitech, but ended up going the Fisher custom route and using Westone ES cables so they haven't really had much use
tongue.gif

Mar 15, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #2,973 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can get the Westone cable OR the UE custom cable although if you get the Westone cable you're going to have to file down the connections a bit because they're too long.

thanks ordered a replacement, sucks that they charge $6 for shipping
frown.gif
I dont know how careful I can be with the new cords since I was always precautions with the first one. Now I can only get full 100% sound by putting pressure on the wire where the jack is

Mar 16, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #2,974 of 9,690
Yea... but IMO you NEED to get the Lune audio cable from Null Audio. Although it's 100 bucks it makes everything sound so much more amazing....

Just got it today and I love it. I instantly noticed the increased detail and bass response with the Lune cable (solid silver).

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #2,976 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by mnagali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's just the plug that's bothering you, something like this may be a lot cheaper to solve all your problems. I ordered one when I was originally waiting for my replacement TF10s to come back from Logitech, but ended up going the Fisher custom route and using Westone ES cables so they haven't really had much use
tongue.gif

Actually, it's not just the straight jack, the entire cable is pretty bad, compared to the Westone cable on the UM2s. Just a damn shame that the cable is horrible, they sound better than the UM2s, or else I'll be grabbing the UM2s a lot more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea... but IMO you NEED to get the Lune audio cable from Null Audio. Although it's 100 bucks it makes everything sound so much more amazing....

Just got it today and I love it. I instantly noticed the increased detail and bass response with the Lune cable (solid silver).

Any idea what the differences are with the Lune and the Enyo? Tempted to buy one if I don't proceed with a complete reshell of the TripleFis. That and there's a couple cheaper cables on eBay that is quite interesting too.

Mar 16, 2010 at 4:46 AM Post #2,979 of 9,690
thats a pretty steep price to pay for a cable but the stock cable pretty much sucks

i guess i got lucky that they didnt break when i owned them

Mar 16, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #2,982 of 9,690
My new tips should arrive this week. I'm interested in getting the lune cable. I don't like how my current cable (default) tangles. My questions...

1) How well do the Lune cables avoid tangling?

2) Will my Triple Fis still coil up properly in the normal case with the new cables?

3) I see that the default Triple Fi cables are 46 inches... the lune cable is 1.2M, so 47.2 inches.... is this accurate?

4) How hard is it to do the replacement? Do you need to "force" it or is it pretty natural?

5) Lastly... Is it worth it?
biggrin.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #2,983 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungarianhc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My new tips should arrive this week. I'm interested in getting the lune cable. I don't like how my current cable (default) tangles. My questions...

1) How well do the Lune cables avoid tangling?

2) Will my Triple Fis still coil up properly in the normal case with the new cables?

3) I see that the default Triple Fi cables are 46 inches... the lune cable is 1.2M, so 47.2 inches.... is this accurate?

4) How hard is it to do the replacement? Do you need to "force" it or is it pretty natural?

5) Lastly... Is it worth it?
biggrin.gif

1) Pretty well. You should get the black filament that covers the bottom.... 3/5ths of the cable when you order from the site (I think it's about 5 bucks extra or so) but it basically keeps everything from 3/5s of the way down wrapped up and secure (and the material is very soft and tough as well).
The cable itself is very flimsy though; but kind of stiff due to it being silver. It has a little guard that you can slide up when the cables aren't being used so they won't tangle. It stops when it hits the ear-guards (think of the silicon guards on the PFE 112s).

2) Yes. The total material... IMO is a little less than the stock. The filament is maybe a couple of mm larger in circumference but the silver showing itself is very thin. You won't have any problems with fitting it in the case.

3) Not gonna do the math so... *holds stock and Lune up for comparison*....pretty much identical down to a couple of CM... so I'ma guess yes
smily_headphones1.gif

4) When I replaced mine, it was the first time I removed the stock cables so I just got a pair of small plyers and grabbed the lowest part of the cable to the housing, gripped the housing at the BLACK PART (not the plastic blue) and pulled while slightly wiggling and twisting.
That took a little time, but inserting took about a minute because the prongs are very snug in the IEM housing and you're going to have to practically mash with a LOT of force to get them to fit. Make sure you're pushing straight and you shouldn't' have any trouble; it did feel like I might break something though but I got it perfect with no damage done (I have never done any DIY work for the record).

5) HELL YES
biggrin.gif

Everything is clearer, more detailed, and it seems as if the music is just lighter and effortless. The treble comes out stronger than everything else so you might have to reduce the treble through EQ a bit so the bass doesn't get covered BUT without EQ it's amazing.

Sorry if it was too long but... yea, I think it's definitely worth 100 bucks.

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #2,984 of 9,690
Okay... last question
jecklinsmile.gif

I have the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10vi. I'm pretty sure this is the same as the Triple Fi 10 Pros... but I want to make sure. I know my model has the iPhone mic / button, but I don't need that anymore... Just want to make sure that if (okay... when) I drop $100 on a freaking cable, that it will work!

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #2,985 of 9,690
Well since the thread that I created no one has replied, could anyone recommend me a good amp for my TF 10? I have the Caffeine amp with the bass thing. I'm looking at either the IbassoD2+ Boa or the T4 and T3, any thoughts on any of them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back