Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 22, 2010 at 11:09 AM Post #2,866 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I have both. The fake hybrids are slightly longer and firmer so isolate better, whereas the real ones are a bit more comfortable. I did not notice any SQ difference.

I traded my L fakes with tsarn06 for his M "reals", so maybe he can give some impressions also.

good to know, i think ill try the 'fake' ones

anyone buy extras (medium size)?

Jan 23, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #2,868 of 9,690
Just got a Canon EOS 500D
smily_headphones1.gif

IMG_0065_sm.JPG

Jan 23, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #2,870 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do they sound with out the amp? I'm curious to find out if the improvement in the mids is a characteristic of the amped TripleFis or just the sound signature of my particular amp.

The sound unamped is great out of the fuze, but amped adds a fullness and depth you just cant get unamped
biggrin.gif

Jan 23, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #2,871 of 9,690
Quote:

Just got a Canon EOS 500D
smily_headphones1.gif

IMG_0065_sm.JPG

Under exposed :x

Jan 23, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #2,872 of 9,690
Was just wondering on the whole tips thing, i wear the large stock flange that came in the package, would the hybrids large be the same size as the stock in outside diameter ( the part that makes contact with your ear canal) because i get a perfect seal with the large single flange. Also are they more comfortable. I also tried foams and the foam IMO ruins the sound of the triples.

Jan 23, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #2,873 of 9,690
not sure about the sizes but for me at least the hybrids are more comfortable. the stock tips were never comfortable and made my ears hurt after a while so that never worked for me.

Jan 23, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #2,874 of 9,690
The biggest hybrids that came in my package (light blue) are a bit smaller than the largest UE silicons. But they insert a bit deeper, so you may find them to your liking. I don't know how you wear your TF10s, but when I flip them around, I use a smaller tip size than when I wear them stock.

I believe Sony actually makes larger sizes but they don't come in the replacement packs for whatever reason, so you may be able to find the bigger ones if you need them. I would contact the seller on eBay with the "fakes", as I would guess they actually come from the same factory that Sony tips do and they may be able to get you the bigger sizes.

Jan 24, 2010 at 2:19 AM Post #2,876 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do they sound with out the amp? I'm curious to find out if the improvement in the mids is a characteristic of the amped TripleFis or just the sound signature of my particular amp.

I know both the headsix and the p-51 add fullness and more soundstage to the triples, (the p-51 doing it all better, the xm4 i have doesnt compare to these 2 amp's). IMO I would say the mids particuarly the vocal hits the sweet spot amped( again fullnes , almost like the sound is traveling through a warm tunnel before it hits the armatures in the triples.) Thats the way i can only explain it to you.I still cant believe how awesome these things sound.
icon10.gif

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #2,877 of 9,690
My Ultraportable Set-Up:

iPhone 3Gs (32gb White)
beyersmile.png

and UE Triple.fi 10 pro vi with Comply tips

just received my ue... by the way how would u know if the cable of my 3fi.vi is detachable or not. TIA- doughn

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #2,878 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mark or bcpk, are the fake hybrids sizes for medium and large the same?

They are different shapes. The fakes are slightly longer, so the real larges are about the same length as the medium fakes, but wider. I can use the real larges but not the fake ones. From all the real and fakes I think I prefer the M fakes the most.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DOUGHN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
by the way how would u know if the cable of my 3fi.vi is detachable or not. TIA- doughn

Cables are detachable on all TF10s.

Jan 25, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #2,879 of 9,690
Quote:

Cables are detachable on all TF10s.

thanks for the info...
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back