Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 12, 2010 at 5:56 AM Post #2,731 of 9,690
So I am sure there is a good chance I will get flamed for this, but I did not really want to read through 182 pages to find my answers.

I am looking at high-end IEMs such as the TF-10. I have a couple questions:

1. How do these stack up versus the others I am considering: Senn IE8, Westone 3, Shure SE530?
2. How are these unamped. I liked the NuForce Portable amp I saw in someone's signature but wasn't sure it was necessary.

That is all. My source is a 2009-160 GB iPod Classic and my taste in music is typically Metal with some Jazz and Blues mixed in.

Thanks in advance.

Jan 12, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #2,733 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dat_Dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. How do these stack up versus the others I am considering: Senn IE8, Westone 3, Shure SE530?

Before the crazy Amazon deal went down, I remember doing a lot of searches and coming up w/ TONS of results comparing all of them. Just do a quick search and put the names of all these in there. Not sure if you'd want Triple.Fi, TripleFi, or TF10 though!

Jan 12, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #2,736 of 9,690
just a quick question since I couldn't find it and don't feel like digging that much more for a simple question. When you do the flip mod, the L/R on the cable and the L/R on the headphones shouldn't be facing each other right? Because I initially did it that way(because when it was L/L and R/R they were facing one another) and the headphone sounds like the worst, most bass centric headphone I've ever heard(keep in mind I had comply in at the time too), even more so than the skullcandy inked my roommate has...I'm just trying to make sure.

Jan 12, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #2,737 of 9,690
Step One: Remove cable from both ear pieces.

Step Two: Attach the left cable to the right ear piece making sure that the little "L" on the cable plug is facing the nozzle.

Step Three: Attach the right cable to the left ear piece making sure that the little "R" on the cable is facing the nozzle.

Step Four: Insert the Right ear piece with the left cable attached into the left ear. Insert the Left ear piece with the Right cable attached into the Right ear.

Jan 13, 2010 at 12:33 AM Post #2,738 of 9,690
So nobody here knows where online i can find the UE metal carrying case?
frown.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #2,739 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Step One: Remove cable from both ear pieces.

Step Two: Attach the left cable to the right ear piece making sure that the little "L" on the cable plug is facing the nozzle.

Step Three: Attach the right cable to the left ear piece making sure that the little "R" on the cable is facing the nozzle.

Step Four: Insert the Right ear piece with the left cable attached into the left ear. Insert the Left ear piece with the Right cable attached into the Right ear.

could have swore I did it that way it it sounds horrible and now the R on the cable is away from the nozzle and it's better

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #2,740 of 9,690
is there pictures? just tried it again and will try to hear the difference. Earlier I think I was just appalled by the comply

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:49 AM Post #2,742 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwang411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So nobody here knows where online i can find the UE metal carrying case?
frown.gif

UE website under customs then under accessories

Jan 13, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #2,744 of 9,690
playingwith fire has it correc.t Or, as I've said elsewhere, you can practice by just inserting them "backwards" to see if you like the sound and the fit before you go pulling cables away from the earpieces.

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #2,745 of 9,690
oh, the flip mod fits a lot better, but maybe because I'm tired today, I can't seem to hear any audible difference when I flip the cable after the flip mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back