Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 11, 2010 at 2:58 AM Post #2,716 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saitek666 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah. I didn't know the pins had anything to do with that.

Yea it does. I recently bought an upgrade cable for my ES3X, and I noticed if the pins are put on the wrong way, they will sound flat and lifeless.

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #2,717 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwang411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea it does. I recently bought an upgrade cable for my ES3X, and I noticed if the pins are put on the wrong way, they will sound flat and lifeless.

Yeah, but my worry is: Will that damage the earphones? Also, how good are those cables?

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #2,718 of 9,690
Quote:

Yeah, but my worry is: Will that damage the earphones? Also, how good are those cables?

I'm not sure if it will damage the earphones, but it seems unlikely..

I got the Enyo cable from Null Audio, you can refer to this review: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f21/nu...4/#post6002598

I think its a pretty good cable, there is an overall improvement for my ES3X: slightly deeper bass, slightly more forward mids, slightly more treble extension, slightly more 'holographic' soundstage. Also, the ES3X has improved clarity and a less 'in your face' sound with the Enyo. However, it is more stiff than the original Westone cable, so there's more microphonics when the cable bounces against my clothes.

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:37 AM Post #2,719 of 9,690
Not to mention that horrible silicone guide that's on it...haha
wink.gif

Jan 11, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #2,720 of 9,690
Quote:

Today I swapped the earphones to use it the other way, so it looks better. Left to right, and right to left. one thing that left me wondering was the cable, when I first plugged the cable to the earplug the sound was horrible, then i put the other way and the sound was different. any thoughts? sorry I don't know anything about this.

One cable is ground the other is signal. So you got +/- going in the wrong way..

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:34 AM Post #2,721 of 9,690
so i finally got myself some hybrids. im surprised actually..they give more isolation than olives on these and sound great. now if only they could sell a certain size instead of one of each ;p

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #2,722 of 9,690
just got my tf 10 today, bought from an amazon reseller, and the details was great, just wad i expected, and was lucky that it fit me
tongue.gif
. it sounded great from my ipod touch with no eq setting but when i plug it to my laptop, it sounded horrible lol... thats using itunes with no eq, am now using it wif the classical eq and it sounds better.

anyway wad eq do you guys use on itunes when using ur laptop? my laptop uses legacy audio driver, if this helps.

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #2,723 of 9,690
Recently, i have my friend to ship an Ultimate ears Triple fi 10.
But after unpacking it, I realize that its color is not metallic blue but other blue.
So can you please is there any other kind of triple fi 10 that have a different color than metallic blue?

Jan 12, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #2,724 of 9,690
Recently, i have my friend to ship an Ultimate ears Triple fi 10.
But after unpacking it, I realize that its color is not metallic blue but other blue.
So can you please is there any other kind of triple fi 10 that have a different color than metallic blue?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back