Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 8, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #2,701 of 9,690
Thanks guys with a little more tugging the flip worked, albeit they shaved maybe 1-2cm from its outward appearance. I guess it was to be expected since my ears aren't exactly flush with my head anyways... Trying out different tips now, the medium silicons hurt my tragus some, small don't sound that great, the complys darken the sound and feel a tad big also... I keep returning to my old cx300 medium tips, they're the least stiff of them all. Maybe I should look into medium sony hybrids or leave it at the cx300 tips? I def. need bass, I've been on the bassiest sennheisers for the past 5 years!
dt880smile.png

(cx300 and hd212)

Also this is weird but with the sound attenuator hooked up to the itouch 3g I'm using the sq feels much more airy. Switching it back out the sound is much more in your face, I dono which I like more..lol

Jan 9, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #2,702 of 9,690
Jan 9, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #2,703 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I had my Trips about a year or so ago, Ileft the wires intact and just bent the "memory wire" part--this is the part that goes over the ear--the other way. VOILA. Now you've got them "flipped" and you're not pulling the earpiece out of the cable.

i tried that at first before i flipped them. they sounded pretty strange to me. i guess the channels reversing just doesnt sound right for me. i guess it wouldnt have been too bad if i reversed the channels on my dap but that would be annoying if i used something else.

Jan 9, 2010 at 4:30 PM Post #2,704 of 9,690
TF10 is so amazing. It presents music in a really neutral, transparant, but yet in a really musical way! Everything was seems so right. The bass was tight and fast (high quality bass) not the floppy one. The detail and soundtaging was monstrous. And what I like the most in this can is, their in-beetween dark and bright presentation. They sound not piercing at all like Grado's but also not muddy like most of the senn's. They're perfect.

Jan 9, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #2,705 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by GardianEnjel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TF10 is so amazing. It presents music in a really neutral, transparant, but yet in a really musical way! Everything was seems so right. The bass was tight and fast (high quality bass) not the floppy one. The detail and soundtaging was monstrous. And what I like the most in this can is, their in-beetween dark and bright presentation. They sound not piercing at all like Grado's but also not muddy like most of the senn's. They're perfect.

Senn's and muddy doesn't seem right.

Jan 9, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #2,707 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
depends which sennheisers :p the crappy ones like cx300 are muddy :p

True, but crappy ue's are muddy too
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 9, 2010 at 7:14 PM Post #2,709 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by GardianEnjel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TF10 is so amazing. It presents music in a really neutral, transparant, but yet in a really musical way! Everything was seems so right. The bass was tight and fast (high quality bass) not the floppy one. The detail and soundtaging was monstrous. And what I like the most in this can is, their in-beetween dark and bright presentation. They sound not piercing at all like Grado's butalso not muddy like most of the senn's. They're perfect.

watch out,there are alot of senns. fanboys on this forum including me
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #2,710 of 9,690
Does anyone know where I can buy the UE Metallic carrying case that comes with the TF10s online?

I don't want to get it from the UE website because their shipping is ridiculous at $30 for a $15 item..

Much appreciated!

Jan 11, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #2,711 of 9,690
anyone know how i can fabricate a slider/tightener for the tf10 cables like the one i'm used to on my ue super.fi 5 pro's?

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #2,712 of 9,690
Today I swapped the earphones to use it the other way, so it looks better. Left to right, and right to left. one thing that left me wondering was the cable, when I first plugged the cable to the earplug the sound was horrible, then i put the other way and the sound was different. any thoughts? sorry I don't know anything about this.

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:37 AM Post #2,713 of 9,690
im sorry im a bit confused by the post

from what i got you flipped the triple fi and put the pins wrong so it sounded horrible then did it correctly and it sounds good again ?

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #2,714 of 9,690
Before I got out to Best Buy or order from Sony Style... Does anyone have any large Sony Hybrids that will not be used?

I really hate not using these because of the seal/ falling out of my ear problem.

Jan 11, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #2,715 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawrster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im sorry im a bit confused by the post

from what i got you flipped the triple fi and put the pins wrong so it sounded horrible then did it correctly and it sounds good again ?

yeah. I didn't know the pins had anything to do with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back