Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 6, 2010 at 5:48 AM Post #2,656 of 9,690
Sait good looking phones! ok i give in, im ordering them now
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #2,658 of 9,690
Finally got a chance to try out my TF10vi today (got them shortly after xmas but I was out of town). I listen on my iphone 3GS and I currently use a pair of Shure SE530's.

My experiences seem to mimic most others here. The difference in "clarity" over the SE's was quite dramatic, the TF seem far more detailed. Like at least one other post I've seen, they seem to almost skew towards being a bit sibilant with some music, though it's hard to say if it's the music itself or the TF's. Again like others, the biggest problem I have is with the physical fit, even with the smallest tips I find it impossible to get what I would consider a good seal. So right now it's not very comfortable and the bass is lacking. I'll start trying some other tips, which I really hope works out because I like what I hear so far.

BTW, anyone else with the VI version notice that the "clicker" really doesn't work all that well (certainly not as well as the stock Apple buds). On mine you have to hold it a bit to get it to "register", and because of that, it's pretty much impossible to do any double or triple clicks, which sucks.

This does motivate me to get my HF2's repaired as I remember them having a similar sound signature.

Jan 6, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #2,659 of 9,690
hmm about the warranty, i guess u have to ask your seller to include the receipt into the package so theres warranty. well thats what i requested from my seller.

Jan 7, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #2,660 of 9,690
new owner of these earphones
smily_headphones1.gif
excited to try them out. just out of curiosity has anyone tried using olives with them? and by that i mean decoring them and putting in some comply cores or something instead?

i ask cuz im coming from RE0 using decored olives and and those are by far my favorite tips

Jan 7, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #2,662 of 9,690
Do you like them more than your Westone 3 good sir?

Jan 7, 2010 at 1:31 AM Post #2,663 of 9,690
the sony hybrids are a bit too trebly for some music for me.

very very comfy though.

Jan 7, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #2,665 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you like them more than your Westone 3 good sir?

I'd say they're different rather than better/worse than the Westone 3.

Then again, I find the Westone 3's to be a bit overrated, so hmm....

Jan 7, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #2,666 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by bitWrangler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...the biggest problem I have is with the physical fit, even with the smallest tips I find it impossible to get what I would consider a good seal.

Try the Sony tips from Best Buy. They're much easier to get a good fit, thus increasing seal, increasing sound quality.

Jan 7, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #2,667 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Reason I ask is because I don't think I'm satisfied with the Triple's midrange. Still testing but I think I'll end up selling them.

Jan 7, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #2,668 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would put the Westone 3s ahead of the TF10s....

Jan 7, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #2,669 of 9,690
Everyone has a different opinion on these things, and there's never a right answer in the audiophile world
smily_headphones1.gif

I'd say my favorite is still the IE8 because it has such a unique sound. I miss mine so much (traded for Westone 3s) I wouldn't mind picking up another pair
frown.gif

Jan 7, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #2,670 of 9,690
Damn the guy who sold these to me from that forum just said they're actually Superfi 5s, not Triple Fi 10s.

I haven't confirmed it, but I think they're the Pro version of the Superfi 5s. He said he'll offer them for $80 so I guess that's a good deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back