Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 23, 2009 at 9:45 AM Post #2,477 of 9,690
I wouldn't say they feel like air, but to my ears they're more comfortable than the RE0's were. I couldn't handle those in my ears for more than 15 minutes, but I nearly fell asleep w/ my TF10's on last night. They were in for over an hour w/ no problems.

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:27 AM Post #2,478 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoganT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only person who finds the Triple Fi comfortable? Maybe it's because I don't think about it, and it just starts feeling like it's not there.

I wear mine pretty much all night at work and don't have any comfortable problems. They're not quite as comfortable as my SCL4s, but still not bad at all.

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #2,479 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The TF10 treble has a bit more sparkle or prominence and sounds sharper while the IE8 has a bit more treble extension, a bit softer and smoother and to me it sounds more natural. My experience with the IE8 tells me that with deep insertion the bass becomes more prominent and as such instruments with high frequency information such as cymbals may appear to sound "dull" since higher frequencies attenuate faster than low frequencies with depth/distance. I however don't experience this overpowering bass and cymbals are anything but dull with the IE8 when not sealed in too much. I enjoy both TF10 and IE8.I am frankly surprised that folks seem to think that the TF10 lacks bass.

x2. I know whose ears to borrow should I ever lose mine. :wink:

Dec 23, 2009 at 10:32 AM Post #2,480 of 9,690
Quote:

Am I the only person who finds the Triple Fi comfortable? Maybe it's because I don't think about it, and it just starts feeling like it's not there.

They're perfectly comfortable for me. I think I prefer IEMs of the shallow insertion variety.

Dec 23, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #2,481 of 9,690
Listening to "you are my diamond" on tiesto's latest, they most certainly DO NOT lack bass. There has to be a problem w/ the seal, source, or track being listened to for one to come to such a conclusion. The ER6i would be an example of an IEM that lacks bass.

Dec 23, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #2,482 of 9,690
I keep on trying the Comply's but there isn't enough of a bass increase to justify using them, you seem to miss the nuances with the foam tips. I find the silicone tips to have plenty of bass if you have a proper seal.

Dec 23, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #2,483 of 9,690
Quote:

I keep on trying the Comply's but there isn't enough of a bass increase to justify using them, you seem to miss the nuances with the foam tips. I find the silicone tips to have plenty of bass if you have a proper seal.

Yes,they fit me fine out of the box
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 23, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #2,484 of 9,690
Got mine from Amazon and I'm waffling on either keeping them or selling them as I already have NE-8s.

Can anyone compare these to Nuforce NE-8's?

Dec 23, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #2,486 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodiuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening to "you are my diamond" on tiesto's latest, they most certainly DO NOT lack bass. There has to be a problem w/ the seal, source, or track being listened to for one to come to such a conclusion. The ER6i would be an example of an IEM that lacks bass.

The ER6i have bass, you just hear it rather than feel it. Doesn't mean it's not there.

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:20 PM Post #2,487 of 9,690
Hi folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster who just picked up a pair of TF10s. I just tried the flipflop switch and found that one bud had a lot of resistance to remove the cable, but the other one has almost none. Has anybody else noticed this? Should I be concerned that I'm going to start getting a bad connection to the bud?

Thanks!

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #2,488 of 9,690
I just got them and I have them hooked up to my fiio3 and jesus christ, the quality is outstanding. I'm having a bit of trouble with the fit, but working on it. I know what I'm gonna get next, an ace amp! Thanks a lot for the help head-fi!

Dec 23, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #2,489 of 9,690
We'll I gave into temptation and opened up my TF10's. Short story is that they sound very good.

Zune 30 GB with 320kbps MP3's and Lossless WMA.

In comparing them to my Nuforce NE-8's which I've been using for a few months, they are much more bassier, the treble is brighter, and the presentation is a little more forward. It is meatier sounding, while still maintaining a lot of detail. The sound stage is noticeably smaller than the NE-8's.

Dec 23, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #2,490 of 9,690
We'll I gave into temptation and opened up my TF10's. Short story is that they sound very good.

Zune 30 GB with 320kbps MP3's and Lossless WMA.

In comparing them to my Nuforce NE-8's which I've been using for a few months, they are much more bassier, the treble is brighter, and the presentation is a little more forward. It is meatier sounding, while still maintaining a lot of detail. The sound stage is noticeably smaller than the NE-8's.

I don't feel the TF10's are $300 good, but definitely well worth the $99 I paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back