Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 7, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #2,281 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The phones have stock tips, as well as the box having S, M, L regular soft flex tips. And then the box has some complys, as well as another pair in the metal case

Have you figured out what size the tips on the phones are? Documention says there are 3 stock tips plus 2 complys but there are actually 4 stock tips.

Dec 8, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #2,282 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey everyone. I got my TF10 today and damn they are amazing. Say goodbye to the W2. Lol no jk but maybe

They come with 6 tips in the box. 6

The phones have stock tips, as well as the box having S, M, L regular soft flex tips. And then the box has some complys, as well as another pair in the metal case

so far these are great. I got a fit, seal, and great listening setup my first try with the complys. Something that wasn't as easy for me myself on the W2

I may go custom, but so far I love em. Great bass extention

i'd really be interested in hearing a good comparison between the TF10s and the W2s. Feel free to do a writeup if you're up to it
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #2,283 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeusAudio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, the TF10s come with detachable cables so its easy to just pull them out.

Link

Just click on the "How to Replace the Cable" pdf and its all there

Thanks for the info! Very useful. I didn't know you could do that to high-end phones.

I own a pair of Atrio M5's. Anyone have a comparison?

Dec 8, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #2,284 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by sygyzy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you figured out what size the tips on the phones are? Documention says there are 3 stock tips plus 2 complys but there are actually 4 stock tips.

Mine arrived with a total of 6 sleeves.

Stock medium on the earphones themselves.

Then an extra 1x small, 1x medium, 1x large.

Then 2x medium Comply tips. Well, medium afaik.

Dec 8, 2009 at 5:39 AM Post #2,285 of 9,690
Yes, the Comply tips are medium as confirmed by the company. So you are calling the ones on the earphones medium then the small in the box is "extra" small? Hmm ok I'll roll with that.

Dec 8, 2009 at 6:31 PM Post #2,286 of 9,690
jant71, I know exactly what you mean. I've heard good things about the FS/Westone cables, but neither of their websites ship to my location. Ah well, I'm well above content with the stock cables, and have the Enyos as backups, so I should be okay for now
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #2,287 of 9,690
I got my pairs yesterday, gave a pair to my gf she was disappointed that the extension cable doesn't work with the iphone.

So far they sound better than what I remember of my E500's

Dec 8, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #2,290 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alc Jr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you wear TF10's down without having to wrap the cable around your ears?

you'll want to wear them over the ears to reduce microphonics (sp??). Basically, the rubbing of the cord won't be heard as much if you wear them over the ear.

Dec 8, 2009 at 8:55 PM Post #2,291 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoganT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since you can replace the cable, would you be able to replace it with the cable for the 10vi (the one with microphone and iPhone controls)?

mine are the 10vi. However the VI cable is directly connected to the headphones themselves, and the included extension cables is incompatible with iphone functionality.

Dec 9, 2009 at 12:24 AM Post #2,294 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mine are the 10vi. However the VI cable is directly connected to the headphones themselves, and the included extension cables is incompatible with iphone functionality.

You can't replace the 10vi's cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back