Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 30, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #1,906 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by JOEYBUCKETS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey great DEAL!! care to share where u bought them from?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

I found this deal on Amazon; specifically, one of the sellers on Amazon Marketplace. The seller I bought from was 365USA. They have some excellent deals on IEMs - I saw a pair of Shure SE530s that they were selling new for $266 in their seller store. Since I'm a big fan of UE's sound signature, though, I more than opted for the TF10 Pros; plus, I think detachable cables are a MUST when you're spending this much cash on a pair of IEMs.
beyersmile.png

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #1,908 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by couman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
one day, i'll buy ue11...
tongue.gif

Oh god no, shh. Don't even tempt the urge to upgrade or it'll take over completely and you'll be left homeless but with really nice headphones.

Jan 30, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #1,909 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found this deal on Amazon; specifically, one of the sellers on Amazon Marketplace. The seller I bought from was 365USA. They have some excellent deals on IEMs - I saw a pair of Shure SE530s that they were selling new for $266 in their seller store. Since I'm a big fan of UE's sound signature, though, I more than opted for the TF10 Pros; plus, I think detachable cables are a MUST when you're spending this much cash on a pair of IEMs.
beyersmile.png

while not a must for me I agree detachable cables is very important in all headphones since due to the nature of a cable it is prone to getting snagged or having some sort of issue. Currently all of my headphones have user replaceable cables now

Jan 31, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #1,911 of 9,690
I wud be just happy if i had TF10..no need to upgrade any further...atleast my portable rig.

although their bass lacks the impact of IE7/IE8.

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #1,912 of 9,690
nocturnal, i have both IE7 and triple.fi , your really not missing out on anything substantial, frankly i really find them both quite similar

actually for some things the ie7 are quite a bit better the mids for starters, so far away in the triple.fi's

Jan 31, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #1,913 of 9,690
^ thanks for mentioning

but i enjoyed TF10 also..the highs had more sparkle on them.

Feb 6, 2009 at 8:08 PM Post #1,917 of 9,690
So, I had a chance to do a quick side by side comparison of the new Westone 3's and my Triple.Fi's...

Initial thoughts were that the W3's had a lot more punch on the low end and the highs were pretty muddy.

They were really comfortable though...it was like they werent even in my ears...lots more isolation too.

I think the Triple.Fi still wins in terms of SQ though.

Anybody else done a comparison?

Feb 10, 2009 at 7:35 AM Post #1,919 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wud be just happy if i had TF10..no need to upgrade any further...atleast my portable rig.

although their bass lacks the impact of IE7/IE8.

ignore what i said before, i like the IE7 better than the triples

Feb 14, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #1,920 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems to be a common consensus, that foam tips in general, offer greater comfort and isolation than their silicone counterparts, but sound-wise, theres a trade-off- foams will maybe add bass quantity but at the sacrifice of some clarity in the upper mids-highs. I find this with complys to be honest, that you lose significant sparkle in the highs, that they're more veiled and smothered, and it makes the tf10 more like the SE530's in sonic character.

I just got my 500's today and I'm finding the same thing. I kind of expected it, but decided to try them out anyway. One of the reasons I adore UE is because I love the clarity and detail of their highs, and the Comply tips totally take away that special UE sparkle. They still sound good, but not really like UE phones anymore. True, there is a lot more bass with the tips but I personally find it to be a little too muddy - the TF10's do an amazing job with clear, punch bass that doesn't muddle with the upper ranges, and the foam tips sort of negate that. The fit is about the same for me (I guess I'm one of those lucky ones that fit the stock UE tips pretty well?), although I will admit they are a lot more comfortable than the silicone tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back