Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 27, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #1,891 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by oogabooga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
APS is making a UE cable??

Correct. I remember when I first joined this site, people were talking about it. It was supposed to come out soon. Now, a year later, it's still in the works. But according to [AK]Zip they're working very hard on it, and hopefully we can get a early 2009 release.

Jan 27, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #1,892 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by cassper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't UE cut down the warranty to 1 year when they were acquired by Logitech? I got 2 years warranty on sf5pro but just 1 year on new triple.fi...

I actually not sure about that cause I checked online they got 2 years warranty.

Jan 28, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #1,893 of 9,690
Just got my pair of TF10 Pros today in the mail. Immediately used the FS Mod trick to switch the cables (and was afraid one of the cables was actually stuck, but with enough force I was able to safely remove it). Thought I wouldn't be using any of the included tips as I am a lover of dual-flange, but the smallest tips fit very well so I might actually stick with them. As for the sound, absolutely LOVING them!!! A huge upgrade from my year-old SF5 Pros, and no equalizer is needed on these beauties. Clarity is the best way to describe these IEMs, as I thought it couldn't get better than the SF5 Pros but obviously the TF10 Pros put them to shame. Got a great deal too for the new 2008 version brand new ($264 total, plus free one day shipping, so I'm happy! ^_^).

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #1,895 of 9,690
Just wanted to pour more appreciation into this thread. I recently got curious and decided to experiment with some Shure SE530s, since quite a few people seem to prefer them to the TF10s and they appeared to be the top of the pile of IEMs for a while.

First off I had to use pliers to get the damn medium foam tips off. I couldn't get any of the silicone ones at all. I noticed a huge amount of hiss coming through them from my external DAC, something I never noticed with the TF10s. When the music start it was like a slap in the face; everything was right up front, WAY TOO up front for me. It wasn't so much that I was listening to music as I was being beaten around the head with it. Not only that but they seemed so delicated; while I was trying to get the tips off I was terrified of crushing them to pieces.

Maybe some people like such an intensely forward sound, different strokes for different folks and all that, but I'm never straying from the TF10s again. It only took a few minutes for me to miss the extreme depth and scope of the sound, the wide soundstage, the DEEP (rather than pounding) bass, the HUGE sound that the SE530s just didnt seem to have. Plus I can chuck the cable around all I want since its replaceable.

I will never doubt you again UE.

Jan 29, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #1,896 of 9,690
That's because the TF10s are, quite simply, brilliant!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 10:18 AM Post #1,899 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got my pair of TF10 Pros today in the mail. Immediately used the FS Mod trick to switch the cables (and was afraid one of the cables was actually stuck, but with enough force I was able to safely remove it). Thought I wouldn't be using any of the included tips as I am a lover of dual-flange, but the smallest tips fit very well so I might actually stick with them. As for the sound, absolutely LOVING them!!! A huge upgrade from my year-old SF5 Pros, and no equalizer is needed on these beauties. Clarity is the best way to describe these IEMs, as I thought it couldn't get better than the SF5 Pros but obviously the TF10 Pros put them to shame. Got a great deal too for the new 2008 version brand new ($264 total, plus free one day shipping, so I'm happy! ^_^).

hey great DEAL!! care to share where u bought them from?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 30, 2009 at 11:40 AM Post #1,900 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just dont get the clarity people talk about from the t.fi 10, to me they sounds rather soft and a tad fuzzy. they dont sound bad but certainly i dont think they have great clarity

Have you experimented with different tips and the depth you insert them into your ear? It can be surprising how much the sound changes when you swap things up a bit.

Jan 30, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #1,901 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by JuStlcE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anybody in here make TF10 >>> custom ??
also is anybody interesting in super.fi5 pro [clear] 2months ??

Do you mean custom tips for the TF 10? They are available, INSONO is a french company that offers them. There is a thread floating about somewhere, i was put off a lot by the amount they stick out, and i don't think with the size of the body you can get them very close.

Jan 30, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #1,902 of 9,690
Hi everyone,

I'm new, as you can see. I have a question that i really want to ask and i thought i'll ask in this thread rather creating a new one. It's to do with my Sansa Clip and Ultimate Triple Fi Pro iem. I got the expensive canaphones hoping for mind blowing sound quality but so far the sound that i'm getting when i'm use the canaphones with my Sansa Clip is imo less than impressive, particularly for the price of the canalphones. So i was wondering is it just me or is it the mp3 player. I know Sansa is suppose to sound great according to the reviews but is it strong enough to drive my phones? I suspect not but can anyone give me advice? How can i make the most of my phones? Thanks.

Jan 30, 2009 at 2:50 PM Post #1,903 of 9,690
i finally heard them today...Clarity is mindblowing...every instrument sounds so real and so separated...the highs were as sparkly as a champagne.

and soundstage was surprisingly great for IEMs which aint like IE8.

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #1,904 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i just dont get the clarity people talk about from the t.fi 10, to me they sounds rather soft and a tad fuzzy. they dont sound bad but certainly i dont think they have great clarity

I kind of agree with you, but for me it could be confusion over the words people use to describe sound around here. To me "clarity" suggests neutral (which I've also seen people describe the TF10s as being) which suggests flat or cold. I've always find them to have a warm signature, with a fair bit of emphasis on bass. Thats why I like them so much.

I'm not one who cares a lot about clarity or detail though. I appreciate it, but its not a big deal.

Jan 30, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #1,905 of 9,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by blade123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi everyone,

I'm new, as you can see. I have a question that i really want to ask and i thought i'll ask in this thread rather creating a new one. It's to do with my Sansa Clip and Ultimate Triple Fi Pro iem. I got the expensive canaphones hoping for mind blowing sound quality but so far the sound that i'm getting when i'm use the canaphones with my Sansa Clip is imo less than impressive, particularly for the price of the canalphones. So i was wondering is it just me or is it the mp3 player. I know Sansa is suppose to sound great according to the reviews but is it strong enough to drive my phones? I suspect not but can anyone give me advice? How can i make the most of my phones? Thanks.

I remember buying the Sansa Fuze.. and I was disappointed with the way it sounded with my Triple FI's. I was expecting it to sound great due to the reviews I read on here.. but my ipod nano (3rd gen) did a better job driving them and making them sound great to my ears. I sold the sansa the next day..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back