Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 8, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #9,586 of 9,690
I don't do that because I listen to classical music, and if I do that then the orchestra would be flipped (violins being on the right instead of the left, cellos on the left instead of the right, etc.)

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #9,588 of 9,690
My Null Audio Brevity cables just arrived. It looks like the ear hooks (clear tubes) have no memory effect — which isn't what was described. They just seem to be made out of rubber... Besides that though, they're solid.

Question: Does anyone know if it's possible to mold the ear hooks to fit my ear better? They tend to wobble around because they have no memory effect. The black OEM cables had the memory effect in the ear hooks which worked superbly and secured the IEMs into my ear. These on the other hand, tend to stick out of my ear more. Something tells me that I can heat the plastic/rubber tube ear hooks, but I didn't want to damage the cables. Thoughts?

Jan 22, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #9,589 of 9,690
My Null Audio Brevity cables just arrived. It looks like the ear hooks (clear tubes) have no memory effect — which isn't what was described. They just seem to be made out of rubber... Besides that though, they're solid.

Question: Does anyone know if it's possible to mold the ear hooks to fit my ear better? They tend to wobble around because they have no memory effect. The black OEM cables had the memory effect in the ear hooks which worked superbly and secured the IEMs into my ear. These on the other hand, nd to stick out of my ear more. Something tells me that I can heat the plastic/rubber tube ear hooks, but I didn't want to damage the cables. Thoughts?

Thats a huge drawback of the clear tube being non-moldable to our desired shape but just a hook form........Skin a electric wire to use its strands or take something thin metal wire ,insert into the clear tube (same length of it) .

You can also use from a dead/broken cable of memory wire, which is inside the black heat shrink tube,just like from meelec M6 or even tf10 stock cable(logitech).

Jan 22, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #9,590 of 9,690
You can also use from a dead/broken cable of memory wire, which is inside the black heat shrink tube,just like from meelec M6 or even tf10 stock cable(logitech).

@Shawn71, OH SNAP. I never thought of using my dead TF10 cable. Ok, so how do I do this exactly? The "memory" portion is the outer layer or the inner layer? Do I just cut it off? What do I do with it afterwards?

Jan 22, 2017 at 6:13 AM Post #9,591 of 9,690
@Shawn71, OH SNAP. I never thought of using my dead TF10 cable. Ok, so how do I do this exactly? The "memory" portion is the outer layer or the inner layer? Do I just cut it off? What do I do with it afterwards?

You need to cut thru the outer sheath where the metal wire end starts,may be 5-6 inches from the 2 pin termination........the picture might give you an idea how the thin wire looks.

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #9,593 of 9,690
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I'll ask anyway. Is it possible to repair the damage like this? Can I somehow remove the black plastic back without breaking it? UE said this can't be fixed and they dont make these any more anyway.

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #9,594 of 9,690
Don't know. But this is exactly what happened to me a couple of years back.
You try to remove the cable, and ....arghhhhhh, the wire from inside are torn
away. So frustrating, this is a few hundred dollards IEM, you would not expect
they would me it so flimsy.

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #9,595 of 9,690
  Not sure if this is the right thread, but I'll ask anyway. Is it possible to repair the damage like this? Can I somehow remove the black plastic back without breaking it? UE said this can't be fixed and they dont make these any more anyway. 

Have a look here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/645688/how-to-fix-how-i-fixed-my-ultimate-ears-triple-fi-10-tf10

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #9,596 of 9,690

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSyVi6L6pbIFWowTXDfUm3pDWQqdjiPpOJUxeVYQbimlZkNAhoA-Bvs-5whDw

Use iphone prying tool, used it gently
Resolder all the wire back.
Use strong powerglue.
You're done.

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #9,597 of 9,690
I'm have broken Shure SE530 and Broken UETF10.
So I used MID-LOW TF10 driver to replace my 'malfunction' SE530 MID-LOW driver.
Still used SE530 crossover and SE535 Shell.
Here some pics:

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #9,599 of 9,690
I'm have broken Shure SE530 and Broken UETF10.
So I used MID-LOW TF10 driver to replace my 'malfunction' SE530 MID-LOW driver.
Still used SE530 crossover and SE535 Shell.
Here some pics:

Nice mod! How does it sound?

Always impressive to see all the components of a multi-driver setting.

Mar 2, 2017 at 12:45 PM Post #9,600 of 9,690
With the death of my last pair of Brainwavz B2's I've been on the hunt for some new good earphones and the TripleFi 10's are still appealing. I can grab a pair for the same price as a Dunu DN-1000 @ about £130.

My RE-400's and RE-00's are great for some things but rather lacklustre in comparison to the B2's that spoiled me with Comply tamed detail.

For the £130 (current equivalent of 160 USD), what are the best choices out there and at that price, is the TF10 still one of those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back