Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Dec 23, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #9,571 of 9,690
And KZ zs3 cable fits well too.......vast change in sound due to cable material difference and nothing mentionable,& if there are any will report here.but the zs3 cable is not that bad against stock logitech.

Dec 26, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #9,572 of 9,690
Man.. what an interesting ride with these guys. I just cannot get them to fit, not even CLOSE.

Getting them molded from Canada is a huge pain, I won't lie. So I haven't gotten around to it yet. I am probably going to sell them.

I would be more motivated if they had better highs and mids but these phones seem more geared towards a more bassy feeling.

Dec 27, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #9,573 of 9,690

I would be more motivated if they had better highs and mids but these phones seem more geared towards a more bassy feeling.

What are you connecting your in-ears to?

The Triple.Fi 10 actually has plenty of high-end quantity and sparkle, but only if the source device it is connected to has got a low output impedance. The higher the output resistance will get, the less treble there will be.

Dec 27, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #9,574 of 9,690
Man.. what an interesting ride with these guys. I just cannot get them to fit, not even CLOSE.

Getting them molded from Canada is a huge pain, I won't lie. So I haven't gotten around to it yet. I am probably going to sell them.

Im sure theres something wrong.......you are missing the strength of tf10, the sparkly treble which also quoted by @hifichris. dedicate some serious time with your source,tips etc you will start to appreciate them once evrything is settled.

Fit is the primary issue for many users,like you, so they lose bass, but yours is the other way around,like you feel more bassy despite of poor fit.

Btw, Did you buy them used?

Dec 27, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #9,575 of 9,690

The Triple.Fi 10 actually has plenty of high-end quantity and sparkle, but only if the source device it is connected to has got a low output impedance. The higher the output resistance will get, the less treble there will be.

Im sure theres something wrong.......you are missing the strength of tf10, the sparkly treble which also quoted by @hifichris. dedicate some serious time with your source,tips etc you will start to appreciate them once evrything is settled.

Fit is the primary issue for many users,like you, so they lose bass, but yours is the other way around,like you feel more bassy despite of poor fit.

Btw, Did you buy them used?

Interesting. I just have them connected to a MacBook or iPhone. They were purchased new from Amazon.com as a seller.

Maybe I should have clarified.. they have the mids and the highs but the bass is too overpowering for me, does that sound right?

I hope they aren't lemons because I'm planning to sell them on classifieds via this forum now you guys have me worried. D:

Dec 27, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #9,577 of 9,690

Interesting. I just have them connected to a MacBook or iPhone.

What generations? Most of the Apple devices have got a low output impedance that should give you enough sparkle.

I'm contrasting them with something like the HF5/ER4 which has very nice mids and highs with very little bass, which is my preference.

Well, the ER•4S/SR has got a diffuse-field neutral bass response, so in comparison, the Triple.Fi 10 will have around 8 dB more bottom-end quantity. Based on this, I can definitely understand where you are coming from, and that the v-shaped Triple.Fi 10 might have too much bass for your preference if you want a flatter bottom-end akin to the Ety's. :wink:

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #9,578 of 9,690
Yeah it's just too much bass for me personally - love my Ety's! Also I never burned these badboys in (they have only had about 1 hour max of total playing time) so perhaps the bass changes over time to something more preferable to my tastes, but I have read mixed opinions on whether burn in occurs in the triple fi.

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #9,580 of 9,690
Yeah it's just too much bass for me personally - love my Ety's! Also I never burned these badboys in (they have only had about 1 hour max of total playing time) so perhaps the bass changes over time to something more preferable to my tastes, but I have read mixed opinions on whether burn in occurs in the triple fi.

No burn-in for BAs (even fir dynamucs,oh just me sayin pls.)but just have your ear-time more with them for a proper brain burn-in......you need to custom to multi BA now coming from ruler flat ety's......

Dec 30, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #9,581 of 9,690
  So I've had my Triplefi's forever and still love em, but I'm thinking of turning them into CIEM's. Can anyone recommend a re-sheller? 

I got mine reshelled at Inearz.  They did a good job.  Mine fit perfect on the first try.  Find a good audiologist that knows what they're doing.  

I highly suggest you get their cable and having it recessed instead of reusing whatever you already have.  I have a cable from plussound that I absolutely love so I had them just reshell it to terminate to the UE standard two pin but it just doesn't connect as snug as I would like it to.  I do not regret reshelling.

Jan 1, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #9,582 of 9,690

So I've had my Triplefi's forever and still love em, but I'm thinking of turning them into CIEM's. Can anyone recommend a re-sheller? 

I got mine reshelled at Inearz.  They did a good job.  Mine fit perfect on the first try.  Find a good audiologist that knows what they're doing.  

I highly suggest you get their cable and having it recessed instead of reusing whatever you already have.  I have a cable from plussound that I absolutely love so I had them just reshell it to terminate to the UE standard two pin but it just doesn't connect as snug as I would like it to.  I do not regret reshelling.

Thanks, I just received a Zee's Music Dark Lord cable from Amazon. ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JFTA0L6/ )
Seems to be an ok cable for about $37. It is slightly stiff, but microphonics aren't too bad. I'm gonna play around with tip rolling a little before I make up my mind about reshelling.

Jan 1, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #9,583 of 9,690
Just waiting on my custom cable from NullAudio. Only worry I have with it is the fact that the 3.5mm connector might be too big for working out or going on a run.  Ugh... can't wait to actually put my TF-10 in use again. 

Jan 8, 2017 at 9:42 AM Post #9,584 of 9,690
Does anyone have suggestions for an eartip that fits well and is easy to insert into your ears? I'm using comply because the eartips it came with doesn't fit well. Right now it fits well, except it takes a long time to insert because you have to roll up the foam first and leave it in your ear for a few seconds, which starts to get in the way after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back