Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Aug 17, 2015 at 9:36 AM Post #9,346 of 9,690
  Don't quote me in this, but I think the 1964 Ears cables are the same: https://www.1964ears.com/product/Replacement-Cable

I could totally be wrong as well but I thought that the replacement UE one was similar though the 1964 looks like a stronger braid.
http://pro.ultimateears.com/products/custom-accessories/cases-cables/replacement-cable-legacy

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #9,347 of 9,690
Are there any cables identical/similar to the westone epic cable? 

I've used a Westtone brand cable that was okay, not as good as the stock cable, and a Fiio cable that sounded lifeless and distorted. The Westtone was a lot better just not worth $30. I got an Oyaide cable for $35 used on eBay (they are $64 new). OMG, it sounds amazing.

If you have the money get a Moon cable.

Aug 18, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #9,348 of 9,690
I've used a Westtone brand cable that was okay, not as good as the stock cable, and a Fiio cable that sounded lifeless and distorted. The Westtone was a lot better just not worth $30. I got an Oyaide cable for $35 used on eBay (they are $64 new). OMG, it sounds amazing.

If you have the money get a Moon cable.

I wouldn't use a fiio cable even if I were paid. Not only is it microphonic and stiff, it damaged my westone iem because the same pins were too big and inconsistent. I don't care about sq, just want a cable to be thin, flexible, non microphonic, no memory wire and with a small compact right angle jack. The westone epic cable were perfect.  

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #9,349 of 9,690
  I could totally be wrong as well but I thought that the replacement UE one was similar though the 1964 looks like a stronger braid.
http://pro.ultimateears.com/products/custom-accessories/cases-cables/replacement-cable-legacy

Looks like the one I need. The problem is finding other places that sell the same exact cable cos $49 usd is too much...that's nearly as much as I paid for the ft10's itself. I wish there was a code I could look up cos the generic description sure doesn't help.     

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #9,350 of 9,690
Just curious to know if there's any difference between the old version owned by Jerry Harvey and the new ones by Logitech in terms of sound? 
Also how can I tell if it's the old or new one without looking at the package? 
The one I got has the straight jack as oppose to the right angle that I sold a few years back. 

Aug 19, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #9,351 of 9,690
My lg g3 is having a hard to driving the tf10 to moderate volumes which causes the mids to become hard to hear, very quiet. 
Time in invest in a dap with lower impedance 
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 20, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #9,352 of 9,690
  Just curious to know if there's any difference between the old version owned by Jerry Harvey and the new ones by Logitech in terms of sound? 
Also how can I tell if it's the old or new one without looking at the package? 
The one I got has the straight jack as oppose to the right angle that I sold a few years back. 

There should be no difference, drivers and circuit is same. How are they compared to your Westone UM3X?

Aug 20, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #9,353 of 9,690

There should be no difference, drivers and circuit is same. How are they compared to your Westone UM3X?

I thought so.. 
Mu um3x has more forwards mids and is like the somebody is singer right next to my ear. Compared to the ft10s, every frequency is more forwards and remains at same level (no dips) yet the mids never gets drained out. Overall very flat sounding with with excellent instrument separation and treble detail. Every thing is clear and separated which some people might sound too analytical.
Bass is also more extended than the ft10. 
The ft10s definitely has the larger sound stage of the two, much more open. The bass and instruments more forwards than vocals and as such is very fun sounding. Harder to driver from my lg g3. Improves greatly from my dacport lx > c5 but not as much as um3x. 

Aug 21, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #9,354 of 9,690
Sep 11, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #9,355 of 9,690
I've been using my triplefi 10 with a replacement cable with mic, the original made by UE for the 10vi, and it lasted me for 3 and a half years... now the cable has starting to fail at the connector union, sometimes my right ear piece will minimize sound, and sometimes, my phone detects that I pressed the button to change track or pause. 

I see that cable is no longer available... what cable can you guys recommend that has a mic, and track controls? volume control are a plus, but not needed. Also, I really liked that the original UE cable had like wire on the ear pieces to always maintain the cable in curve to your ears. Is there a replacement cable with these options?

Sep 12, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #9,358 of 9,690
Thanks a lot for the info! unfortunately Im in mexico, so ordering from Europe would be hard... gonna give it a go at those sunricky, just asked the seller if they have memory wire to order them

Pls take a look here......

http://www.lunashops.com/search.php?encode=YTo0OntzOjg6ImtleXdvcmRzIjtzOjU6InRmIDEwIjtzOjE6IngiO3M6MToiMCI7czoxOiJ5IjtzOjE6IjAiO3M6MTg6InNlYXJjaF9lbmNvZGVfdGltZSI7aToxNDQyMTAxMjU5O30=

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #9,359 of 9,690
I bought the FiiO RC-UE2 for the triple fi. But without memory cord I have an issue that they don't stay around my ear. Does anyone have any tips for specifically this cable? I need to readjust them around my ear constantly.

Sep 23, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #9,360 of 9,690
I've swapped the left and right earphones and it seems to work better with the FiiO RC-UE2.
You should give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back