Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 7, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #8,641 of 9,690
Psst, make a decision and stick with it. :beerchug: :D

I'll be keeping this pair, the synergy with Studio V 3rd Anv is pretty gnarly. I've not quite heard TF10 like this before. Really brings out the PRaT and clarity, they sound powerful, reminds me edging on fullsize presentation. And that's only idling the Studio on 12/31. The pairing sounds fun, foot tapping goodness, you just rock out with ease. Good match.

Jan 7, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #8,642 of 9,690
I'll be keeping this pair, the synergy with Studio V 3rd Anv is pretty gnarly. I've not quite heard TF10 like this before. Really brings out the PRaT and clarity, they sound powerful, reminds me edging on fullsize presentation. And that's only idling the Studio on 12/31. The pairing sounds fun, foot tapping goodness, you just rock out with ease. Good match.

You better, you gave us your word.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:16 AM Post #8,644 of 9,690
H2O- I have an extra SMS silver plated cable.  wish you had mentioned you were looking for one, could have sent it with your tips

All good mate, I ordered the cable in question long before we organised the tips, (which have been a life saver btw). Thanks for the nice offer though.

Jan 7, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #8,645 of 9,690
  Not trying to sabotage the TF10's thread, but guys, to all of you who actually own the TF10 should definitely consider the DUNU's DN-1000. They are the natural continuation to the TF10's greatness. (Being a TF10 lover myself, it was actually the first BA IEM I owned). Both are fantastic IEM's, but trust me, the DUNU's are all I never thought the TF10's could be. Punchier, faster, cleaner, airier.

Realy? What about the Soundstage and 3D Imagining. Have You tried Dubstep with DN-1000?

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #8,646 of 9,690
  Realy? What about the Soundstage and 3D Imagining. Have You tried Dubstep with DN-1000?

Soundstage is slightly better while Imaging remains pretty much the same. Not exactly Dubstep, but I tried with Sirens of the Sea, by OceanLab, and some electronic music, Daft Punk's Discovery, Balloons by Nils Hoffman, Open Eye Signal by Jon Hopkins. Pretty extraordinary experience in my opinion. I insist, the main difference between the two is that the DUNU's mids are not as veiled as in the TF10s. The sound is not as V shaped, and the sub-bass is greatly increased. The treble is not as stingy as in the TF10, but remains very sharp, very fast and bright. Detail is much better, that is uncuestionable.

Jan 7, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #8,647 of 9,690
  Soundstage is slightly better while Imaging remains pretty much the same. Not exactly Dubstep, but I tried with Sirens of the Sea, by OceanLab, and some electronic music, Daft Punk's Discovery, Balloons by Nils Hoffman, Open Eye Signal by Jon Hopkins. Pretty extraordinary experience in my opinion. I insist, the main difference between the two is that the DUNU's mids are not as veiled as in the TF10s. The sound is not as V shaped, and the sub-bass is greatly increased. The treble is not as stingy as in the TF10, but remains very sharp, very fast and bright. Detail is much better, that is uncuestionable.

Maybe you'd appreciate this track bud

Jan 7, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #8,648 of 9,690

It's true what this member is saying. I also own the Dunu, they do make TF10 sound veiled in the mids, the Dunu are cleaner, clearer. Sounds more pure. But with TF10 I find that slight veil protecting early fatigue, so it's not all bad and when you spend time just alone with TF10 you adjust. I can however recommend fans of TF10 to consider the Dunu. It was one of my best purchases in 2013.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #8,649 of 9,690
Well, I was going to get my TF10 Re-Shelled, but then I listened to them back to back with my current customs; and I doubt I would give the TF10 any "ear" time against my current set. So, do you think there is a market for "cracked" but still very usable TF10s?

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #8,650 of 9,690
Of course , that crack could be fixed or sealed with a simple layer of clear acrylic nail polish,. Carr windscreen repair men use it coated on either side of cracked windscreens to prevent cracks going any further. Just put 3-4 light layers on letting them dry for an hour in between

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #8,651 of 9,690
Awesome advice for so many things, bookmarked...

Quote:
Of course , that crack could be fixed or sealed with a simple layer of clear acrylic nail polish,. Carr windscreen repair men use it coated on either side of cracked windscreens to prevent cracks going any further. Just put 3-4 light layers on letting them dry for an hour in between

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #8,652 of 9,690

Awesome!  I wasn't sure if it would eat away at it or anything. I will have to go pick some up and repair these. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back