Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Nov 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM Post #8,493 of 9,690
I just found what I think is a good deal on a very gently used pair of these and can't wait to spend Thanksgiving getting to know them.

I'm going from my Shure SE215s....which is my first "good" pair of IEMs. What should I expect? I am hoping I won't be disappointed.

Nov 25, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #8,494 of 9,690
  So how much did you pay for them?  6 months ago I paid $150 bucks.  I don't think I've ever seen the wild price fluctuations on ANY hi fi toy like those seen on tf10's!:wink:

yeah, like i said i got a pair in excellent condition. paid 156.00 shipped. i dont regret it

I just found what I think is a good deal on a very gently used pair of these and can't wait to spend Thanksgiving getting to know them.

I'm going from my Shure SE215s....which is my first "good" pair of IEMs. What should I expect? I am hoping I won't be disappointed.

i don know what you are going to expect without know the source/amp/dac ect. but i will say i had a pair of ue tf10 sold them and regretted that. i then purchased the westone w4r and the se535 and now have the tf10 again and when comparing between the 3 the tf10 put a smile on my face. i find they bass to have great depth considering their freq response is 10-20000....i have a high end portable setup dap,amp,dac, ect but they are imp a special iem.

you may not like them at first becuase it does take some getting used to and getting the fitment just right with the cable guide wire. but once you get it right you can take them ln and off without any fitment issues.

Nov 26, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #8,495 of 9,690
The RSA Hornet/SR71/Tomahawk is a great toy with these, not necessary but the warmth of the RSA signature is always welcome and can kind of massage the sparkly treble.

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #8,496 of 9,690
Ok, so... January will mark my 2nd year with my TF10.  Today, I noticed the right ear piece is cracked. I have no idea how that happened, as I don't use them much. It probably happened when I dropped them on my desk when I headed off to one of my many meetings (hate meetings).

Is it ok to put clear nail polish on these to keep them together for awhile longer. I'm debating on getting them re-shelled during the summer. I just need to find a good reliable (and inexpensive) place to re-shell them.

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #8,497 of 9,690
  Ok, so... January will mark my 2nd year with my TF10.  Today, I noticed the right ear piece is cracked. I have no idea how that happened, as I don't use them much. It probably happened when I dropped them on my desk when I headed off to one of my many meetings (hate meetings).

Is it ok to put clear nail polish on these to keep them together for awhile longer. I'm debating on getting them re-shelled during the summer. I just need to find a good reliable (and inexpensive) place to re-shell them.

When you are ready to reshell.

http://www.inearz.com/

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #8,499 of 9,690

If you can get a good fit, seal and can insert them far enough I'm sure you will take a liking to the V shaped sound sig. Be sure to tell us what you think once you get them. 
smile.gif

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:44 PM Post #8,500 of 9,690
I took some good time the other day liste.ing to my tf10 and seeing what gives the best overall sound and seal.

I came to the conclusion that its not really about deep insertion. But proper angle of the iem and then adjusting the memory wire to hold that angle.

This can be done with nearly every tip. But again getting tjat angle spot on that allows for isolation and seal....personally I found the biggest fit kit tips to be the best as far as isolation and seal.

I have the hybrids and tried them out but the flange opening is small and seems to mess with the sound imo...they are comfortable though.

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #8,501 of 9,690
I tried the Sony tips, they work great if I just sit and listen.  Better bass and treble than my Comply's.  But when I walk with them (that's when I listen to music, on 2-mile walks) I have fit issues (especially on one side) and lots of microphonics.   I went back to the Comply's, but did cut a slight amount off the front ends of them.  This gave me more treble, and the fit is still good.  Too bad, as I did like how the Sony's sounded.

Nov 28, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #8,505 of 9,690
I find the Comply's wear out in a few months of walking- they begin to tear.  But they keep their fit when I'm walking much better than do the Sony's (using a HeadPhoneLounge cable, which does not have the same memory wire as stock cables- that may have something to do with it).  As I said, I like the sound of the Sony's better, but I really find them problematic while walking.  Sitting, they are just fine.  I'm considering a reshell at some point, but haven't gotten to it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back