Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Jan 24, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #9,467 of 9,690
I wouldn't do it (personally)

The dead give away to me is having no boxing or packaging. Now if it was an ebay seller stating it's his used pair from back yonder and he threw the box away I'd feel a little more convinced. These guys have a several units right?

All the fakes on Australian eBay come without retail packaging because they cut costs. You'd be much better off searching for a pair of Dunu DN-1000 used or new for $200. I consider them a decent upgrade.

But it's up to you...

Jan 24, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #9,468 of 9,690
I wouldn't do it (personally)

The dead give away to me is having no boxing or packaging. Now if it was an ebay seller stating it's his used pair from back yonder and he threw the box away I'd feel a little more convinced. These guys have a several units right?

All the fakes on Australian eBay come without retail packaging because they cut costs. You'd be much better off searching for a pair of Dunu DN-1000 used or new for $200. I consider them a decent upgrade.

But it's up to you...

Hi. Im using dn1000 now as my main iem, while i find it to be great for my genre (metal), I sometimes feel lost in search for the tf10s sweet sparkly highs. I wonder why no other could reproduce that same tonality the tf10 give.

I was about to give in to this offer..but i cant help but have doubts on its authenticity either.

Jan 24, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #9,469 of 9,690
Hi. Im using dn1000 now as my main iem, while i find it to be great for my genre (metal), I sometimes feel lost in search for the tf10s sweet sparkly highs. I wonder why no other could reproduce that same tonality the tf10 give.

I was about to give in to this offer..but i cant help but have doubts on its authenticity either.

Its because TF10 have an addictive signature and I agree about the great treble of it sits with the individual. This is why I kept going back to TF10 because they also do electronic genre very well. Sometimes I want to just hear them again, just for a minute. Just one little listen...

GR07 does metal quite well IMO, great guitar crunch and timbre. I always felt TF10 was ahead in clarity.

Jan 24, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #9,471 of 9,690

Heres another one.

I'd watch out; that looks like it has a Chinese factory QC sticker on it, yet no box...fishy.

This happens sometimes when a supply company that provided the housings/tips/cables etc made too much, and they were never purchased by UE, so after their contract with UE expires, they sell them to someone who shoves some cheap BAs in there and calls it a OOB TF10 on ebay/newegg etc.

Jan 24, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #9,474 of 9,690

Its too frightening to even imagine. But the feedbacks look good though. Im very confused now.

That feedback is fairly non specific... Certainly nothing there which leads me to believe reviewers are putting out audiophile informed views

Jan 24, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #9,475 of 9,690
That feedback is fairly non specific... Certainly nothing there which leads me to believe reviewers are putting out audiophile informed views

Yeah, the TF10 shell is easily big enough to fit a DD and it could just be a half decent driver with enough bass to please, or maybe a cheap TWFK and the buyers were just impressed with the detail, or the reviews could be fake, or...something...

Jan 24, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #9,476 of 9,690
To anyone looking for a nice upgrade to TF10's I'd recommend Sony XBA-A3's. Better in every aspect with a similar sound curve.

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #9,478 of 9,690
Kinda sad. I guess i have to move on now.

Or just buy an old one from eBay / a head-fier.

Listening to the TF10s with my new Sony walkman source, and there's something quite special about them. My well rated ciem beats the pants off them, but a/b ing there is something special in the sound of the tf10

Jan 25, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #9,479 of 9,690
  Listening to the TF10s with my new Sony walkman source, and there's something quite special about them. My well rated ciem beats the pants off them, but a/b ing there is something special in the sound of the tf10

So true. Their drivers are outdated and there are clearly better resolving dual-drivers/triple-drivers (two-way configuration) for less than 400 bucks, but there's just something special about the Triple.Fi 10. Maybe it's their imperfection and slightly thin/hollow mids, metallic treble that makes them so special.
Feel a bit bat that I haven't bought at least one back-up pair when they were still available and massively discounted two years in length on Cybermonday.

Jan 25, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #9,480 of 9,690

Users who are viewing this thread

Back