Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Nov 3, 2012 at 4:24 AM Post #7,607 of 9,690
i have the cowon x7. So why are you selling the sony EX600 xD? unlike that iem ?

Although I enjoy my EX600 depending on source (they pair very well with Colorfly C3) they have one of the widest stages I have heard, far wider than TF10, vocals have a very crisp edge to them however, they don't have enough detail compared to something like T-Peos H-100 Hybrid and fall short in some area for me to keep them.

They're a good IEM but a little under stated in areas. I prefer a little more aggressive detailing. Very nice relaxing sound though the EX600, decent imaging and again soundstage is their high areas.

I don't amp anymore, I used to with TF10 all the time but I didn't enjoy the E11 as much as through a straight headphone out.

Nov 3, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #7,608 of 9,690
I heard a slight improvement in the bass on the shure 535's with the fiio E17 and Objective 2 but it was only slight so i hav'nt bothered with the triple.fi 's maybe ill give it go see what happens.

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #7,609 of 9,690
Quote:
Although I enjoy my EX600 depending on source (they pair very well with Colorfly C3) they have one of the widest stages I have heard, far wider than TF10, vocals have a very crisp edge to them however, they don't have enough detail compared to something like T-Peos H-100 Hybrid and fall short in some area for me to keep them.
They're a good IEM but a little under stated in areas. I prefer a little more aggressive detailing. Very nice relaxing sound though the EX600, decent imaging and again soundstage is their high areas.
I don't amp anymore, I used to with TF10 all the time but I didn't enjoy the E11 as much as through a straight headphone out.

IMHO, the treble of the guitars is some like need some quality.
xD Never mind that doesnt happen with my MK IV SE

Nov 5, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #7,610 of 9,690
I have had the TF10's for a few days now and wow.  I really like these IEM's.

After my GR07 died, I went for these and I am glad I did.  I use the comply tips and wear them Right to Left,Left to Right and it's the most perfect fit and isolation I have had from any IEM. 

GRO7 -  A bit thin sounding, great bass and sparkling trebles with good  soundstange.
Only bad issue been, I had problem with fit as the adujstable hing came loose and  would       easily move about.

IE8 -  Amazing soundstage, good bass and comforable wearing.  The bad was the trebles were not bright enough and the mid bass hump was a bit overpowering in some music.  Also isolation was not as great as the others.

TF10 - Good soundstage, it is hard to explain the soundstage on the this, it feels wide but also not as well.  The trebles are bright and certain guitar music can sound harsh when volume is high.  The bass is good but not great as the GRO7 and not overpowering like the IE8's.   Trance and Dance music sound amazing witht he TF10s.  Metal sounds good with Metallica and Megadeth.   "Mouth for war" by Pantera sounded harsh with the high trebles when volume was cracked up. 

I am using my Sony X1060 and it just sounds perfect with the TF10s.  I also own the Nokia E6 Phone, when I had tried to compare the Nokia E6 with the X1060 with the GRO7 it was harder to tell the differences in quality where as with the TF10s the Sony sounds much clearer and brighter where as the E6 sounds more muddy and not as bright and clear, which was not easily noticable with the GR07.

Nov 5, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #7,611 of 9,690
Mine showed up today, and I'm really pleased with the way they sound out of the box. There's a very emotional core to the music that my favorite headphones tend to have. Not sterile in the least, and they seem pretty well balanced. I wouldn't mind the midrange to be pushed up front a touch more, but I don't mind the balance as is at all. They're far more enjoyable than I remember the Etymotics I used to have being.

The fit is actually a happy surprise as well. With the Comply Tips I get a great seal and a very comfortable fit. I don't really notice they're there until I stop and wonder where the music is coming from. I'm not crazy about the large plastic build and the way it kind of jams in that little metal storage case, but they're so light and comfy when I'm wearing them I can't really complain. 

I've also been messing with them and various amplifiers I've got, with and without the attenuator cable. They're so sensitive, it seems like they either want me to pick a gain setting lower than I have on my modified YuLong D100, or pretty much demand the cable on my E17. Sound quality is good on the E17, but they don't improve enough for me to really want it in the signal chain. Right out of my iPhone 4S, they seem to come very close to full potential.

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #7,612 of 9,690
Well, I guess this is were my journey comes to an end with TF10, they've been great while I moved up the ladder and were my favourite IEM for some time. They offered a good taste of what's out there, I can understand why so many people like them. When I first heard them I was amazed, they were my first balanced armature and I'll never forget the different sound they provided from a dynamic on that initial listen. But after upgrading recently to T-Peos H-100 Hybrid. I honestly have no need for them anymore in my collection. 'hence' their final show here in the thread. They're up for sale. (the sale is not on head-fi)

Good times! :smile:

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #7,613 of 9,690
Quote:

I am using my Sony X1060 and it just sounds perfect with the TF10s.  I also own the Nokia E6 Phone, when I had tried to compare the Nokia E6 with the X1060 with the GRO7 it was harder to tell the differences in quality where as with the TF10s the Sony sounds much clearer and brighter where as the E6 sounds more muddy and not as bright and clear, which was not easily noticable with the GR07.

I'll second that...

The Sony X1060 and TF10's they really are an unbeatable combination. A few clicks up on the mids on the Sonys EQ and wow.. just wow.
They are that good that I cant imagine how any other combo could come close to that perfection.

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #7,614 of 9,690
I am very much enjoying my Sflo2 + TF10

In fact, might be because of first love, I am finding TF10 more comfortable than my GR07 @@

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #7,615 of 9,690
Quote:

I'll second that...

The Sony X1060 and TF10's they really are an unbeatable combination. A few clicks up on the mids on the Sonys EQ and wow.. just wow.
They are that good that I cant imagine how any other combo could come close to that perfection.

Thanks I turned up the midd(2.5) by 1+ and it does sound more open.  Even tho I am not a big fan of high mids, but it does seem to sound good. 

My normal EQ settings are everything flat with clear bass at +1 at times.  But will try the mid boost more often. 

Nov 6, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #7,616 of 9,690
I use the flip mod and I find my TF10 more comfortable than SM, SE215, Sunrise Xcape IE, etc. The only IEM I have found more comfortable was the UM3x.
Quote:
I am very much enjoying my Sflo2 + TF10

In fact, might be because of first love, I am finding TF10 more comfortable than my GR07 @@

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM Post #7,617 of 9,690
Woohoo. Fisher is shipping out my TF10 remolds. They only received it on the 26th (10 days, 4 of those being weekends). I purchased a chris himself cable from a head-fi member, also. I'll be quite sad if I receive the monitors and have to wait to listen to them until I get the cable in :p.

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #7,618 of 9,690
Quote:
The only IEM's I've ever had are those 20 dollar JVC Marshmallows. Do the SF5 and TF10 really have sound comparable to audiophile headphones? Its hard to imagine in a portable package :p

They do, but any IEM I've ever heard is a different kind of "audiophile" sound. 

I've listened to the TF10 exclusively for two days now, and while I prefer my HD600 (properly driven) by a margin, the TF10 has an emotional, quick sound that is similar to a higher end Grado.

Nov 7, 2012 at 6:27 PM Post #7,620 of 9,690

Users who are viewing this thread

Back