Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
Oct 31, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #7,591 of 9,690
Darn, I thought as much... And to think I got all excited thinking I could possibly improve my TF10s...

Amping IEM's especially 32ohm TF10 is subjective, I have done so in the past and achieved decent results, was it enough to justify amping them fulltime? Not really, but then again the amp I had FiiO E11 was only budget entry model. The thing is there's an even amount of people on both sides of the fence surrounding this, some agree it helps, others not so much. The best thing you can do is try for yourself and see the results. It definitely won't make it worse but it's rather about how much of improvement you gain for your cost outlay of the amp.

Oct 31, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #7,592 of 9,690
For something like the triple fi, I would say adding an amp Doesn't Improve things necessary but rather correct things. You need to think back to how good your source is :)

Oct 31, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #7,593 of 9,690
Quote:
For something like the triple fi, I would say adding an amp Doesn't Improve things necessary but rather correct things. You need to think back to how good your source is
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I dont have an amp yet, but source definitely needs to be good for these to sound, they used to sound just on par on Galaxy S2 before, sansa clip zip does wonders on this IEM!

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #7,594 of 9,690
Oct 31, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #7,595 of 9,690
Quote:
IMHO an Amp for the TF10 is a waste of money.

any reason why..I found TF10 sound really clean with E17 then just iPhone....thouse triple drivers needs some juice to shine...

Oct 31, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #7,596 of 9,690
Quote:

any reason why..I found TF10 sound really clean with E17 then just iPhone....thouse triple drivers needs some juice to shine...

Hard to answer that. I am starting with a different source than you. I see zero reason to get an AMP using my J3 with the EQ options I have for tweaking the sound. I personally prefer things that are made for producing great sound over things like iPhones. Nothing wrong with it as a phone, but its main function is not a music player.

Oct 31, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #7,597 of 9,690
I agree a phone is 'a phone' not a DAP or audiophile focused source, it's a device that happens to have a music player build in and sounds 'ok'. There's such better sound out there such as Cowon, Colorfly C3. The ipods and iphones IMO are mediocre for SQ. My S9 and Colorfly C3 blows my ipod touch away.....seriously away.

Just my 2 cents.

Nov 1, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #7,598 of 9,690
I called Logitech today to find an official reseller for triple fi s, I was told that they are discontinued and they are selling off the remaining stock now.

The support person couldn't actually tell me who is an UE reseller!

Is like to buy a new triple fi before black Friday, can anyone recommend a place to buy from? Amazon only has third party vendors right now, j&r and b&h are out.

Nov 1, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #7,599 of 9,690
Update: actually talked to someone knowledgeable at Logitech, they said the triplefi 10 was discontinued sometime in the last two months.

I asked them to verify the amazon sellers if they are authorized, they verified ebestpurchase and l&y business as authorized resellers.

Nov 1, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #7,601 of 9,690
Quote:
And looks like l&y has them for $169.49 plus 4.99 for shipping.

I just bought a pair for this. I've wanted to get a pair of these for a while, it seems like this is my last chance.

Hey, is there a link somewhere in here to a decent (non UE) iPhone-remote-mic cable for these things? I'm hunting around and haven't found anything other than the UE one that comes with the vi version, and seems just as fragile.

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #7,602 of 9,690
Quote:
Quote:
And looks like l&y has them for $169.49 plus 4.99 for shipping.

I just bought a pair for this. I've wanted to get a pair of these for a while, it seems like this is my last chance.

Hey, is there a link somewhere in here to a decent (non UE) iPhone-remote-mic cable for these things? I'm hunting around and haven't found anything other than the UE one that comes with the vi version, and seems just as fragile.

What wrong with UE vi version?

Nov 2, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #7,603 of 9,690
Quote:

What wrong with UE vi version?

Nothing same iems just the vi has the cable with the iphone controls. I dont think their too fragile there was some talk about the build quality going downhill after Logitech bought ultimate ears i have a old pair of the originals (pre logitech) which are still fine had to replace the cables but then i do look after them and keep them in the hard case just in case their left lying around and i stand on them.

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #7,604 of 9,690
H2O do u feel the change of sound of the drum plates with E11, cuz with and without of amp the TF10 have a big difference in that, and dont lack mid. Just still have too much distort in with the hi hat sound.

Nov 3, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #7,605 of 9,690
H2O do u feel the change of sound of the drum plates with E11, cuz with and without of amp the TF10 have a big difference in that, and dont lack mid. Just still have too much distort in with the hi hat sound.

When I was using E11 with TF10 there was an added sub and slight mid-bass boost, especially with EQ1 which warmed the entire low end, supplying body support through out early lower mids, but this boost would begin to bleed early as well through out raising volume. Using them un-amped would correct the bleeding to some extent though I'd lose sub-bass and roll off would become apparent. (depended on source used too) The high end worked similar, when amping treble would be released and become a touch harsh / hot though maintainable at lower to medium volumes, improved treble detail when volume was controlled correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back