Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 Thread
May 22, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #6,571 of 9,690
Never had issues with buzzing, although as mentioned above it could be a poorly mastered file if it occurs on only a few songs. The treble on the TF10 can a bit tizzy so if you are sensitive or not used to in your face treble then it can stick out like a sore thumb.

May 22, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #6,572 of 9,690
The TF10 is a nice headphone... the "V" shaped EQ that is has lends itself well to Gaming and Movie watching. I was playing with the Vita last night and watched parts of a Movie and played some Unit 13.... Wonderful!

May 22, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #6,573 of 9,690
Quote:
The TF10 is a nice headphone... the "V" shaped EQ that is has lends itself well to Gaming and Movie watching. I was playing with the Vita last night and watched parts of a Movie and played some Unit 13.... Wonderful!

I find the soundstage too small for gaming (well any iem has too small of a soundstage for gaming to me), but I am talking about FPSs like Battlefield 3.

May 22, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #6,574 of 9,690
Quote:

I find the soundstage too small for gaming (well any iem has too small of a soundstage for gaming to me), but I am talking about FPSs like Battlefield 3.

Dunno... I haven't tried it on my Astro MixAmp.. I use the A30 for that, so... you're probably right.  I know Razer sold a gaming IEM... but that one probably had very little bass and more Mids and Highs to give a sense of a larger sound stage.

May 22, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #6,575 of 9,690
nooooooooooo my newly acquired used Null Audio Lune cables is cutting in and out when I move the cable in certain ways (hard to tell exactly where since they're so thin and frail)... i know it's not the connector pins.  It didn't happen when I just got them.....i've been listening to them for a few hours and burning them in sitting on my desk for maybe 10 hours....I took them out today and was moving around more......I tried unplugging and putting the other earphone on that cable--it's that one cable :frowning2: 

What to do?  Is there a way to fix?  Perhaps ship it to someone like Chrishimself?    :frowning2:   I don't believe the seller is responsible.....although, if I were the seller I could understand if someone asked for a refund (I probably would be hesitant to give the refund actually if it sounded fine when it left my hands)....   But he hadn't used them in a while, either.....

it doesn't happen always--but pretty much I can make it happen by cocking my head to one side or touching the cable or something..    :frowning2: 

Anyone?

May 23, 2012 at 9:48 PM Post #6,578 of 9,690
Going back to my HDJ500s just made my TF10s sound really bass light. Result of listening to armature bass for too long?
etysmile.gif

Aside from that, my UE cable is still holding up, despite massive abuse. The cable gets tugged hard enough to yank the IEMs out of my ears about...Once or twice a day? Still going.

May 23, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #6,579 of 9,690
Chris could do it for a good price.

May 23, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #6,580 of 9,690
Quote:
Going back to my HDJ500s just made my TF10s sound really bass light. Result of listening to armature bass for too long?
etysmile.gif

Aside from that, my UE cable is still holding up, despite massive abuse. The cable gets tugged hard enough to yank the IEMs out of my ears about...Once or twice a day? Still going.

My cable's still holding up well too, but its stiffness and memory retention is pissing me off quite abit, now i'm wondering if i should get the Fiio replacement cable

May 24, 2012 at 1:58 AM Post #6,581 of 9,690
Quote:
My cable's still holding up well too, but its stiffness and memory retention is pissing me off quite abit, now i'm wondering if i should get the Fiio replacement cable

I would recommend not getting the Fiio replacement cable. There was exposed wiring on the left side within a day after owning it. My iPod classic would occasionally paused because of it most likely. Also the cables are very heavy and not portable. 

May 24, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #6,582 of 9,690
Quote:
I would recommend not getting the Fiio replacement cable. There was exposed wiring on the left side within a day after owning it. My iPod classic would occasionally paused because of it most likely. Also the cables are very heavy and not portable. 

Yeah, i've heard about the exposed wiring defect, that's what put me off it for pretty long. Are they really that heavy? can you please rate it on a scale of 1-10 with the westone epic cable being 1 ( best). Any other options which give a "stock cable" like feel? Thanks!

May 24, 2012 at 5:19 AM Post #6,583 of 9,690
Yeah they're really heavy and obnoxious. It's night and day with comparison with the stock cables. I would give stock a 3, fiio a 9. It can cause the TF10 to slide out from my ears whenever I walk around. 

May 24, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #6,584 of 9,690
This is me eating my words about what I've said about the TF10 over the last few months.

I'm now convinced I got a lemon during the black friday sale because these don't sound anywhere near as bad as I remember them. I pity the poor soul who bought them from me on ebay; I hope she got a warranty replacement.

I'm listening with "sawn-off" T-500s, and the sound pretty decent. My memory of their sound sig was still on target about the recessed mids and the overly shimmery highs, but the bass isn't as pronounced as I remembered. The ASG-1 has a good bit more bass than the TF10, for example. It has little rumble, IMO (the GR07 has more), and there isn't that much bass slam. It reminds me of the Yamaha EPH-100, except with far less pronounced mids, and less bass.

I said once that I find the Monoprice 8320 (with the vent covered) on my iP4's Loudness Eq preset to be better than the TF10. Now I find myself licking up the words from the floor.

The fit is still atrocious though, and I feel like the cable contributes to 50% of it.

All in all, I take back my slander job on the TF10 dignity. If it wants to sue me, it may.

May 24, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #6,585 of 9,690
even better than the fiio replacement cables are the custom UE cable for $30 right now at ultimateears.com (logitech).  they're the same cables that they use for their really expensive custom in ears. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back