TRN impressions thread
Dec 3, 2019 at 3:59 AM Post #1,651 of 3,805
Any of you ordered from SA audio store? I'm thinking about getting a pair of bt20s and they are cheaper that the 2 stores I normally go for

Dec 3, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #1,653 of 3,805
Before discovering Chifi iem's, all I'd ever heard of was either mmcx or .78mm 2 pin. I think the .75mm pin is a KZ invention to make them appear different in the market, and to attempt to make a more "proprietary" cable. TRN seems to have adopted that, since their leaders seem to have come from KZ, and started their own venture. I'm just guessing here; but I'd wager that, of the iem manufacturers that use a 2 pin connector to their iems, most would be using .78mm.

qdc's been using the 0.75mm pin since forever, KZ's the one who copied them (makes sense to copy the top echelon of chifi)

Dec 3, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #1,655 of 3,805
I don't find the BA5 to isolate much, it also leaks a lot, which is part of the great soundstage and airy feel obviously. This could be a con or not.

Another con I found yesterday evening was that it was extremely sibilant and piercing at times on Jeff Buckley's Grace album, which is my sibilance test. Any very detailed and bright earphone has issues with this album it's not an isolated case, but worth mentioning for those who hesitate.

It's best reserved for soft recorded material.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #1,657 of 3,805
I'm not sure to understand your comment, they don't isolate well because they are vented, regardless of the tips.

I found the stock tips to provide a perfect seal, but spinfits cp-145 get me a more controlled bass, seal isn't as good tho.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #1,658 of 3,805
Even with the venting on the BA5, I get a suction effect that prevents any slipping or any intrusive ambient noise. I could shake my head somewhat violently and the seal is still there.

I pretty much only use Sony hybrids as my silicone tips as they don't retain their "round" shapes and conform to the shape of your ear canal; stock tips are far too rigid.

Dec 4, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #1,659 of 3,805
BA5 arrived today and it's burning in. First impressions are excellent, it sounds nothing like the CCA A10 and C16, which have a bright tonality. The BA5 is much warmer in character and more balanced. The tuning of the three 30095 BAs is very clean but gentler than the typical CCA or KZ sound. Bass is much deeper from the single 22955 unit. Mids are present and not noticeably recessed. The soundstage is very good (probably due to the vented housing). I am using ML Spiral Dots and a 16 core TRN cable which fitted very tightly. The best TRN I have tried so far ( I have V80 and V90 as well). Full review will be coming soon.

Dec 5, 2019 at 10:54 PM Post #1,660 of 3,805
Wow... You really are pissed... And I can't blame you. Working for a company like that sure have lots of anger and frustration bottled-up all these years. To tell you the truth, UPS and DHL are no better than FedEx (in your case, FedUp Xpress or FedUpX).

Anyway, judging from your "biography", we should be around the same age. Come on, relax! Life is more than just FedUpX, audio and Chinese conmen... I am taking life easy these days due to my diabetes and hypertension. How many more decades can we live on this Earth to smell the roses?

At our age, the biggest conmen of all are hospitals, pharmaceutical and insurance companies. Keep yourself healthy and free from worries so they won't come knocking at your door.

agree 101%

Dec 6, 2019 at 4:03 AM Post #1,661 of 3,805
Does TRN V90 needs a burn-in? If yes, what's the recommended volume level for the drivers to stretch? By the way, I find the tuning to be a V-sound which is kinda brings some listening fatigue after hours of using. Also, compared to the SQ of Sound Magic E10S, I find it much enjoyable to listen to compared to the former.

Should I expect some improvement after the burn-in process? Or should I give up with TRN brand? Since first impression last and I expected a wow factor which the former failed to do so.

P.S. I've tried to use some 8-core SPC cable and so far the SQ did not improve, hoping that TRN T2 cable will improve it though I'm not expecting much.

Another P.S.

I've tried to match the TRN V90 with my Fidue A65 and the former still wasn't able to beat the SQ of the latter. I don't know if it's my ear that has the problem, but am I missing something? I was expecting that it should be an upgrade against the Fidue A65 or Sound Magic E10S.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 7:50 AM Post #1,662 of 3,805
It is not very relevant to compare V90 with a single or dual DD earphones. Someone like me prefer resolution and speed of BA in hybrids for some generes and sources. And compared to many other hybrids, the V90s are excellent, but of course not everybody needs it. TRN T2 is no better or worse than other cheap SPC cables.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #1,663 of 3,805
Does TRN V90 needs a burn-in? If yes, what's the recommended volume level for the drivers to stretch? By the way, I find the tuning to be a V-sound which is kinda brings some listening fatigue after hours of using. Also, compared to the SQ of Sound Magic E10S, I find it much enjoyable to listen to compared to the former.

Should I expect some improvement after the burn-in process? Or should I give up with TRN brand? Since first impression last and I expected a wow factor which the former failed to do so.

P.S. I've tried to use some 8-core SPC cable and so far the SQ did not improve, hoping that TRN T2 cable will improve it though I'm not expecting much.

Another P.S.

I've tried to match the TRN V90 with my Fidue A65 and the former still wasn't able to beat the SQ of the latter. I don't know if it's my ear that has the problem, but am I missing something? I was expecting that it should be an upgrade against the Fidue A65 or Sound Magic E10S.
If you find the TRN V90 fatiguing after extended listening I doubt "burn-in" is going to help. At the risk of starting a flame war, what most people regard as burn-in is just the brain getting accustomed to the sound of a particular IEM. The V90 has a V-shaped sound signature and no amount of "burn-in" is going to change that.

Dec 6, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #1,664 of 3,805
If you find the TRN V90 fatiguing after extended listening I doubt "burn-in" is going to help. At the risk of starting a flame war, what most people regard as burn-in is just the brain getting accustomed to the sound of a particular IEM. The V90 has a V-shaped sound signature and no amount of "burn-in" is going to change that.

Thanks for your input, then I guess I just need to be accustomed with its SQ and maybe my brain will tell that its good XD

Anyway, my fault is that I didn't audition it, but this is a learning experience for me. Now I know that A65, E10S and Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear use DD solution.

Dec 6, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #1,665 of 3,805
I don't have much experience with TRN's But i do own a pair of V90's
And i really like them. So now I'm thinking about the TRN BA5's.
Anyone have any impressions about the BA5's?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back