TRN impressions thread
Nov 30, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #1,636 of 3,805
I see your paragraph, and raise you the cable that came with my $55 dollar Faaeal Hibiscus.

This is better than most of the cables I own that I bought separately. Even those costing more than the iem of the Hibiscus itself.

That is DEFINITELY a good looking cable! You are lucky. I've seen cables that come with $500+ iems that are lesser quality (ahem...Fearless audio). For the most part though, the cables that come in the box with most iems are tangly, thin, janky messes.

Dec 1, 2019 at 2:33 AM Post #1,637 of 3,805
Funny discussion about .75 vs .78, do you think they produce it at NASA? :)
... and of course there is a small spring at the bottom, don't worry about some 0.1mm difference.
2PIn.JPG

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #1,638 of 3,805
The cables that come in the box with most iems...are flat out garbage. It doesn't matter if you spend $50 or $500+. The cables that come with the earphones are usually crap. Even a $20 cable will be an improvement in most cases...especially with budget iems.

I am fine with most of my stock cables including the ones that are permanently attached. To call them flat out garbage is a bit extreme.

That's not nice. Disagreeing or even trolling is perfectly fine with me, but insults are really not needed.

Trolling should not be fine with anyone in a forum such as this. Do you know what trolling actually is? Also I have seen you be less than nice in some threads.... and fine in others. Not sure what that's about.

Dec 1, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #1,639 of 3,805
I am fine with most of my stock cables including the ones that are permanently attached. To call them flat out garbage is a bit extreme.

Trolling should not be fine with anyone in a forum such as this. Do you know what trolling actually is? Also I have seen you be less than nice in some threads.... and fine in others. Not sure what that's about.

Yes I'm skimming the internet since 20 years so I know what trolling is. I have no problem with it personally, we all have varying degrees of sensitivity on this matter. I don't think public forums are places to be "personal" but to each his own.

I don't mean hardcore trolling such as harassment towards a person or group until they "explode" but for instance, replies to questions like "how do they measure against each other?" with "A is 10x20x25 and B 15x20x15" amuse me.

I like a healthy dose of derision towards "audiophilitis", too much seriousness isn't good. So yes I may mock gently MQA or other aberrations now and then.

Bold arguments (cables don't matter, burn-in is a product of imagination) often start interesting conversations, too. I often like to ask pseudo naive questions towards bold arguments, with the hidden agenda to make the poster explain why he thinks that way instead of stating something that should be accepted by the reader as "the truth", and perhaps realize that his mind could be playing tricks with him (and maybe not).

Having used LSD extensively in my youth I'm very much aware that we create and distort our own reality, and that all our 5 senses influence each other, not everyone is.

I don't think you'll find insults such as "****" or "****ing moron" in my posts however.

Edit : Wikipedia says it better than I do :

Application of the term troll is subjective. Some readers may characterize a post as trolling, while others may regard the same post as a legitimate contribution to the discussion, even if controversial.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #1,640 of 3,805
There is a reason the Trn B20s uses two models for 0.78 2pin and mmcx. And not 0.75 and mmcx.
???
BT20S exist in 0.75, 0.78 and MMCX versions. What are you referring to with "two models for 0.78 2pin"?

Dec 1, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #1,641 of 3,805
Oh is there a third model?

Sorry then.
Either way 0.75 is an old standard used by Ultimate Ears 10 years ago that lost popularity. Nowadaysit is rare.

Triple-Fi is my only 0.75.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #1,642 of 3,805
Also BA5 is not isolating at all.

Sorry then.
Either way 0.75 is an old standard used by Ultimate Ears 10 years ago that lost popularity. Nowadaysit is rare.

0.75 is used by KZ CCA and TRN in every single one their removable cable iems. That said I have used 0.78 in every single one and have had no issues

Dec 1, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #1,643 of 3,805
Funny, I found different graphs on AE stores for ST1 :) The **** graph looks much better, but we'll see the truth when they come.
st1_fr_2.JPG st1_fr.JPG

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #1,645 of 3,805

Sorry then.

Does 0.75/0.78 refer to the diameter of the pins or to their length?
Anybody knows?

Dec 1, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #1,647 of 3,805
Funny, I found different graphs on AE stores for ST1 :) The **** graph looks much better, but we'll see the truth when they come.

the scale on the y-axis looks pretty off on the graph on the left as well, so the right one might be more accurate

let's see what the reviews say ...

The camel tuning able to retain more of the liquid characteristics of the music, for superior enjoyment

if there's sarcasm, irony, etc. in your posts, then please try to use emojis, mark it in italics, etc. or whatever to make it more obvious it's tough at times to recognize if it's meant dead-seriously or in a fun manner

thank you

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #1,648 of 3,805
>mainly for my outdoor workouts

humidity, sweat, rain, etc.

better go for the V90, even though I have doubt with those as well - if the BA5 might tend to turn out that fragile towards humidity from the reports :astonished:
Luckily right now the temps are getting lower and I work out at night so I barely really sweat much, but in the summer it's buckets of sweat. Worst case scenario my $30 IEMs breakdown or something (hopefully that won't happen), no biggie!

... and for those genres, the V90 will surely be better too
Awesome :p I'm also leaning towards the V90 cuz I can get them for $30 on Aliexpress where the BA5 is at least $43. I considered the BA5 honestly just because I liked its looks and reviewers said that it has a good fit, so that matters too.

Do yourself a huge favor and consider some total wireless earphones (or at least adapters like TRN BT20).

All that jumping, push-ups, backflips, cartwheels, etc with a long IEM wire tethered to a DAP AND a phone? Ughhh

Also, definitely cross the BA5 off your list. People are having problems with drivers cutting out due to ear canal sweat buildup, and they’re just sitting on their couch lol. I can’t imagine how it would be with a sweaty outdoor workout.
Sheesh... thanks for awaring me... I've had the KZ ZS10 Pro in the summer and they survived very well but gave them away eventually, so I figured most IEMs would be the same more or less. The blacklips and cartwheels made me laugh! I can only wish I was that athletic... I'm recovery from an injury so taking it easy outside the gym doing the classic bodyweight exercises. I borrowed my brother's TinHiFi T2 for a few workouts and I actually really enjoyed them as opposed to my generic $30 SoundPeats bluetooth earphones, I didn't really face much trouble have a cable and the phone being in my pocket, went better than expected. I just felt that the T2 lacked a bit of bass that's needed for that motivation :)
I'm still not sure if it's worth getting the Sonata USB-C>3.5mm DAC/AMP dongle but quite a few people on this forum recommended it. I'll probably use the dongle when commuting or walking around town, my phone phone is Xiaomi Pocophone F1 if that matters tho.

I say forgoe the sonata DAC. And use the Trn B20s Bluetooth module. It fits so snug on me for workouts. Then use that with V90 or whatever .

Edit: dammit @Slater beat me to it.
It doesn't matter that you got ninja'd :) I appreciate your feedback! I see that the TRN BT20s is going for around $30 on AliExpress, are you using them with the V90? If so, do you get any hissing? The Sonata DAC is just so I'll have something to improve the quality if general use, it doesn't have to be only for workouts. I assume that I'll need 0.78mm for the V90?

Dec 1, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #1,649 of 3,805
Also BA5 is not isolating at all.

0.75 is used by KZ CCA and TRN in every single one their removable cable iems. That said I have used 0.78 in every single one and have had no issues
Do you find the 0.75 being loose? I ordered those, because that's what the V90's advertise to have, but it would have been nice to have just gone w/ the 0.78 to interchange some of my other cables and even try the TRN cables with other iems.

Dec 1, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #1,650 of 3,805
Do you find the 0.75 being loose? I ordered those, because that's what the V90's advertise to have, but it would have been nice to have just gone w/ the 0.78 to interchange some of my other cables and even try the TRN cables with other iems.

I have never had any issues going back and forth, but I do not frequently change cables much. If there every is any loosness you can just splay the pins a tiny bit to make them fit again. @Slater has a diagram somewhere that he posted before that shows what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back