TRN impressions thread
May 25, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #109 of 3,807
Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #111 of 3,807
X1 was a project TRN did for a Japanese customer. X2 will be based on the X1 but with TRN badge. Any further details I can't reveal here, sorry. You will know when the right time comes.
Oh, okay. Thank you for responding. Why I asked before is because on your YouTube channel you left a comment saying " Yes, X2 and X8 coming soon! ". I know the details of the X8 from your previous comments but never heard of the X2.

That's why I asked. No worries though. Have a great day!

May 25, 2019 at 8:59 PM Post #112 of 3,807
Those who already ordered TRN IM2, I have these suggested EQ settings (I use Neutron Music Player for Android), which makes it closer to my intended tuning.

31.25 Hz, Q: 0.80, Gain: -4.50 dB
62.5 Hz, BW: 2.80, Gain: -2.50 dB
125 Hz, BW: 3.0, Gain: -1.50 dB

6,800 Hz, BW: 0.75, Gain: -3.0 dB

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #114 of 3,807
Those who already ordered TRN IM2, I have these suggested EQ settings (I use Neutron Player for Android), which makes it closer to my intended tuning.

31.25 Hz, Q: 0.80, Gain: -4.50 dB
62.5 Hz, BW: 2.80, Gain: -2.50 dB
125 Hz, BW: 3.0, Gain: -1.50 dB

6,800 Hz, BW: 0.75, Gain: -3.0 dB
Thanks! I'll definitely try these out. I was quite bummed after reading your comment about tuning, and actually wanted to cancel my order of the IM2, but the seller already sent it yesterday. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

May 26, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #115 of 3,807
Thanks! I'll definitely try these out. I was quite bummed after reading your comment about tuning, and actually wanted to cancel my order of the IM2, but the seller already sent it yesterday. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Don't get me wrong. IM2 sounds great to bass fanatics. In fact, I was using it the entire day yesterday. Many times I feel like I am using my over-ears headphones. BUT that's not the intended sound I have planned.

When you receive yours, just listen to it with an open mind, you may enjoy it. Then listen to it again with the EQ on. That's how it should sound.

Last edited:
May 26, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #116 of 3,807
Don't get me wrong. IM2 sounds great to bass fanatics. In fact, I was using it the entire day yesterday. Many times I feel like I am using my over-ears headphones. BUT that's not the intended sound I have planned.

When you receive yours, just listen to it with an open mind, you may enjoy it. Then listen to it again with the EQ on. That's how it should sound.
Did you have any hand in tuning the H1? I think it's interesting you had said earlier your ideal driver configuration would be a graphene DD + 1 BA for highs, because I think that would be perfect for a successor to the H1.
If the H1 had better treble resolution it would be my go-to recommendation up to at least $50.

May 26, 2019 at 5:50 PM Post #117 of 3,807
Did you have any hand in tuning the H1? I think it's interesting you had said earlier your ideal driver configuration would be a graphene DD + 1 BA for highs, because I think that would be perfect for a successor to the H1.
If the H1 had better treble resolution it would be my go-to recommendation up to at least $50.

I did tune the H1. H1 belongs to TRN's budget H-series and will not be using BAs.

May 27, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #118 of 3,807

This is good news for me as I am a basshead ! ...how is eat are they to drive as I see the sensitivity is 98 which is quite low....

May 27, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #120 of 3,807
Hey All, Quick question, does the pairing process for the BT20 have to be repeated everytime you turn it on/off. In this instance for the Iphone Xr, I always seems to have to:
-Power on both sides of the bt20
-Wait for them to sync to each other
-Forget the device in the buetooth setting on my Iphone - It wont pair otherwise
-Then pair to the TRN like it's the first time again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back