TRN impressions thread
May 27, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #121 of 3,806
Hey All, Quick question, does the pairing process for the BT20 have to be repeated everytime you turn it on/off. In this instance for the Iphone Xr, I always seems to have to:
-Power on both sides of the bt20
-Wait for them to sync to each other
-Forget the device in the buetooth setting on my Iphone - It wont pair otherwise
-Then pair to the TRN like it's the first time again

No, I haven't had to pair them since they were OOTB.

Are you sure when you turn them on you're not holding the buttons so long they go into pairing mode?

You only hold the power button long enough for them to say "power on". Then they connect to the phone and are ready go to.

May 27, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #122 of 3,806
Okay guys, I have already informed TRN to produce a short instructional video on how to pair and troubleshoot the new BT20S (aptX version). It will be in Chinese but I guess most of you can roughly figure it out yourself. After all, visual is always better than verbal. Ming will forward the video to me and I will post it on my YouTube channel.

Last edited:
May 27, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #123 of 3,806
No, I haven't had to pair them since they were OOTB.

Are you sure when you turn them on you're not holding the buttons so long they go into pairing mode?

You only hold the power button long enough for them to say "power on". Then they connect to the phone and are ready go to.

Yeah, I hold the power button for the three seconds, Both Flash blue then one flashes red and blue. I'll wait for it to re-pair to phone but nothing. Then when I manually try to connect, I get "Connection Unsuccessful" and have to do the whole process as mentioned before.

Maybe I got a faulty one, bought from Amazon

May 28, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #125 of 3,806
Yeah, I hold the power button for the three seconds, Both Flash blue then one flashes red and blue. I'll wait for it to re-pair to phone but nothing. Then when I manually try to connect, I get "Connection Unsuccessful" and have to do the whole process as mentioned before.

Maybe I got a faulty one, bought from Amazon

Same as Slater, I did not have to re-pair anything ...

I read somewhere a 15 second press on both buttons resets everything? This might help?

As for faulty ones, I only read about an early batch where one or both buttons had issues, but that does not seem to be your problem ...

Hope it gets sorted out, maybe with reset ... love my BT20!

Might get the BT20S just for the nano-coating / IPX ... am I correct to assume that AptX is not of much value for me when most of the time I connect to iPhone?

May 28, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #126 of 3,806
Might get the BT20S just for the nano-coating / IPX ... am I correct to assume that AptX is not of much value for me when most of the time I connect to iPhone?

Correct, iPhone doesn’t support aptX because it doesn’t contain a Qualcomm CPU.

However, BT20S will have AAC, which iPhone does support.

May 28, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #127 of 3,806
Received 6 Core TRN cables today and they are very nice for the price. I have attached some pictures showing the original TRN cable and the 6 Core upgrade cable. The 6 core is thicker, has a chin slider and is not as long from the Y splitter to the connectors. These can still be purchased for around $5.00 and come in MMCX and .75 - 2 pin .
20190528_145053.jpg 20190528_154540_HDR.jpg 20190528_154814.jpg

May 28, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #128 of 3,806
Received 6 Core TRN cables today and they are very nice for the price. I have attached some pictures showing the original TRN cable and the 6 Core upgrade cable. The 6 core is thicker, has a chin slider and is not as long from the Y splitter to the connectors. These can still be purchased for around $5.00 and come in MMCX and .75 - 2 pin .

Do check out TRN 16-core cable for around US$12.

May 28, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #129 of 3,806
I've been watching for them on Ali and will grab some when available. I didn't like the colour combination of the 8 core but it appears the 16-core will be available in black. I will hopefully my x6 will arrive in a couple of weeks and I see you recommend the 16 core cable for them.

May 28, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #130 of 3,806
I've been watching for them on Ali and will grab some when available. I didn't like the colour combination of the 8 core but it appears the 16-core will be available in black. I will hopefully my x6 will arrive in a couple of weeks and I see you recommend the 16 core cable for them.

I am using **** 8-core tin-plated copper cable for my X6 right now. Never like any 16-core cables. Too thick and heavy.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #132 of 3,806
Received The replacement from Amazon today and same issue occurred. Decided to dust off my Hiby R6 and it pairs up just fine. Anyone know if there a certain setting on iphone im supposed to enable?

A setting for what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back