TRN impressions thread
May 24, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #93 of 3,805
Ok. Still worth buying.

Can they eliminate blinking once connected? If they haven't finished yet. Annoying at night.

Send me a list of suggestions if you have any. I will translate them to English and forward to TRN. Better if you can write in Chinese.

Personally, I don't use Bluetooth devices so I won't know.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #94 of 3,805
Send me a list of suggestions if you have any. I will translate them to English and forward to TRN.

I guess they are aware of the grounding / hissing problem with the BT20 and their very own V80 ... not sure if that can be fixed on the BT end ... but I'd love to have that combo without the hiss some day (yes, even reconsidering buying a new BT20) :D

May 24, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #95 of 3,805
I guess they are aware of the grounding / hissing problem with the BT20 and their very own V80 ... not sure if that can be fixed on the BT end ... but I'd love to have that combo without the hiss some day (yes, even reconsidering buying a new BT20) :D

Yes, they are very well aware of it. From what I know, if folks are willing to pay US$50 or more for a Bluetooth module, I am sure they will use better chipset. Problem is, Chinese consumers are unwilling to pay this kind of money unless brand names from America or Europe (for example Bose or Sennheiser).

The day will come when better components become cheaper for low-cost production.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #96 of 3,805
Send me a list of suggestions if you have any. I will translate them to English and forward to TRN. Better if you can write in Chinese.

Personally, I don't use Bluetooth devices so I won't know.

Aptx alone is already a big leap forward from the current version. Hopefully no latency problems (aptx LL is low latency, not lossless iirc)

These would be software tweaks:
-No more blinking led once connected.
-triple click for volume change (left down & right up)
-double click track change (left backwards, right forwards)

These are probably REALLY reaching way too far.
-ambient mode (pipes in sound from microphones).
- active noise cancelling.

Not sure if these will have a chipset that will do it. Some bt devices swap which side is master during use to get longer battery life.

Thanks for providing this (and other) info and passing suggestions along. If I could write chinese I would.

I think that's a v80 issue. Iirc some have had that problem using cables.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #97 of 3,805
These are probably REALLY reaching way too far.
-ambient mode (pipes in sound from microphones).
- active noise cancelling.

Hahaha. These are going to cost! Like I said, many Chinese consumers are not ready to pay premium for domestic brands.

I will forward your suggestions to Ming (TRN sales and marketing person in-charge).

Nowadays, there is Google Translate to make cross-language communications much easier. Although my mother-tongue is Mandarin, I hardly write in Chinese but I will try.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #98 of 3,805
... BT20 have a longer battery life? ...perhaps an ipx rating of some sort (one pair I know of died due to sweat).

Just spoke to Ming. He consulted the engineer. Battery life 4 to 5 hours maximum. Any longer mean larger battery size, which also mean heavier and bulkier earpieces.

The improved aptX-enabled BT20S will have IPX5 rating.

Hopefully no latency problems

These would be software tweaks:
-No more blinking led once connected.
-triple click for volume change (left down & right up)
-double click track change (left backwards, right forwards).

The new BT20S will have lower latency compared BT20.

Blinking is part of the features built into the chipset, so they can't change that.

As for the rest of the suggestions, Ming will discuss further with their engineers, and will implement them IF possible.

Last edited:
May 24, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #99 of 3,805
Just spoke to Ming.

now THAT I find very interesting and did not even think about as a feature, always considering that there is (possibly) no way to shield the area where BT20 plugs into the earphone ...

but that would be all kinds of awesome, running with my fav IEMs!

and WHEN will those go on sale? :D

May 24, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #101 of 3,805
Just spoke to Ming. He consulted the engineer. Battery life 4 to 5 hours maximum. Any longer mean larger battery size, which also mean heavier and bulkier earpieces.

The new BT20S will have lower latency compared BT20.

Blinking is part of the features built into the chipset, so they can't change that.

As for the rest of the suggestions, Ming will discuss further with their engineers, and will implement them IF possible.

Awesome! I'm excited for the new version.

Shoot. I just though of something. Maybe a charging dock instead of a split cable? That would make sealing them easier. Like this below:

10295838_thumb.jpg

May 24, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #103 of 3,805
I just received my production IM2 last evening. Major disappointment! The bass is at least 5dB heavier than I intended. I don't know what happened to TRN but they always screw up on communication.... Well, I did try to help.

Just look at the FR and IDF.
dBHBalLl.png

waXKwscl.png

Wide-bore eartips (such as JVC Spiral Dot) will help bring down the bass a bit.

Just to give you guys some sort of reference FR to compare, this is Moondrop Kanas Pro.
mJisBcxl.png

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #104 of 3,805
This looks almost like a basshead IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back