TRN impressions thread
May 18, 2019 at 1:37 PM Post #63 of 3,805
After good few months of using the BT20 it has decided to "un pair" … and with all my attempts to re pair I am only getting sound from one side!. Any advice would be appreciated.

With both off hold buttons for 10-20 seconds until you hear TWO sets of descending tones. They will power off.

Hold both buttons again until it says pairing. Release buttons then Press a button on either side once. They should connect.

Re-pair to your device.

20181219_200123.jpg

May 19, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #64 of 3,805
Last Friday I ordered an X6 in the morning and received the IM1 Pro in the afternoon. I have been enjoying the original IM1 for several months now and decided to purchase a second pair. When I checked I found the IM1 Pro had been released and I ordered a pair hoping no radical changes had been made to the sound signature. I could find nothing in English that indicated what changes were made been the IM1 and IM1 Pro other than it was obvious that the Pro lost the metal face plate.

So I have been comparing the two over that last couple of days.

The packaging, cable and eartips are all the same. There is no "Pro" marking anywhere on the box or earphone. Gone is the metal face plate, which on my pair did not fit well, leaving a seam that could be easily felt. (eventually the clear plastic covering on the metal face plate fell off both earphones and had to be glued back on) The Pros I purchased are all black and this seam can no longer be felt or even seen with the naked eye. I had to use a magnifying glass to verify that a seam does in fact exist.

The original IM1 left me feeling that TRN could improve on build quality. With the IM1 Pro, TRN has shown that they are capable of vey good build quality with excellent fit and finish. The IM1 Pro in gloss black is really good looking.

Comparing the sound of the IM1 to the IM1 Pro, I'm not sure my 60 year old ears are up to the task.

On initial listen I thought the IM1 Pros were slightly louder, with a slight bit more clarity in the mids and treble. During other listening sessions, I'm not sure.

Not sure what "Pro" means to TRN, whether it was strictly the change from the metal to plastic face plate or whether drivers and/or crossovers were changed but in my opinion the essential nature of the IM1 was not changed. If you liked the sound of the IM1 you will like the Pro with its better fit and finish. If TRN tweaked the sound of the IM1 hopefully someone with better ears than mine will let us know what the changes are. If you interested in another opinion of the difference between the IM1 and IM1 Pro on youtube zpolt did a review and he was able to identify some differences.

The improvement in fit and finish between the IM1 and IM1 Pro leave me with great hopes for the X6

May 19, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #65 of 3,805
if anyone has the toneking t4, or something with a similarly massive three-dimensional soundstage- I would be super keen to know how the TRN X6 compares.

also, as I may have mentioned before I've noticed a significant improvement in other 50ohm+ IEMs when paired with an LG device or other high impedance source. it would be good to know if the X6 have the same improvement if possible :thinking:

May 20, 2019 at 4:41 AM Post #66 of 3,805
TRN IM2 is already out.
Here's the lowest price I found so far: https://bit.ly/2WRQVeQ. USD 17,33 (USD 17,06 via AliExpress mobile app) without mic.
Already ordered mine in black with the new TRN metal case and a set of foams :wink:

May 20, 2019 at 6:48 AM Post #67 of 3,805
I might as well buy it as I need a cable with mic for my KB100. Replacement cables are retailing around $7. For additional $10 don't mind another IEM.

May 21, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #69 of 3,805
I love the IM2's design. It's beautiful.
Interestingly the design is exactly the same as one of the banned brands, except for the branding and packaging. The IM2 is also cheaper.

May 21, 2019 at 11:58 PM Post #70 of 3,805
Interestingly the design is exactly the same as one of the banned brands, except for the branding and packaging. The IM2 is also cheaper.

I have to clarify this... As some of you know I correspond with both TRN and ****, thus I can confirm that both TRN IM2 and **** Ash are of very different tuning. They aren't that similar if you look carefully.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #71 of 3,805
I have to clarify this... As some of you know I tune for both TRN and ****, thus I can confirm that both TRN IM2 and **** Ash are of very different tuning. They aren't that similar if you look carefully.

**** Ash is tuned heavier bass and brighter treble, with recessed mids. TRN IM2 is a lot more subtle and balanced in comparison.
Thanks for clarifying. My observation was based purely on the photos provided by sellers.
Still they look surprisingly alike - the resin shell, separate soundbores, protruding connector sockets...

May 22, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #73 of 3,805
By the way guys, TRN 16-core SPC cable has been launched in Mainland China and HK SAR today. International launch will be roughly one week later.

Comes in 3 colours: silver, brown and black. Price around 80RMB RRP (around US$12).

Yk6Y0lll.jpg

cDJ2DLXl.jpg

xToEdw4l.jpg

We are still working on X8. In fact we have been tuning it since August last year. Will keep everyone updated with our progress.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #74 of 3,805
By the way guys, TRN 16-core SPC cable has been launched in Mainland China and HK SAR today. International launch will be roughly one week later.

Comes in 3 colours: silver, brown and black. Price around 80RMB RRP (around US$12).

We are still working on X8. In fact we have been tuning it since August last year. Will keep everyone updated with our progress.

Nice to have someone involved in TRN's turning and aware of upcoming TRN products involved in this thread. This is even more important with a company like TRN, who I understand tune each model to sound best with specific genres or specific uses.

Can you advise if there was a change in the tuning of the V10 after the original release. I have come across mention of a version 2 and wonder how it differs from the orginal.

I am also wondering if the tuning of the IM1 and IM1 Pro is different.

May 22, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #75 of 3,805
Can you advise if there was a change in the tuning of the V10 after the original release. I have come across mention of a version 2 and wonder how it differs from the orginal.

Yes, there are two versions of V10 - original and 2018. The original tuning is highly-based on KZ ZS6 (the founders of TRN were formerly from KZ). TRN re-tuned the V10 in September 2018. The treble is smoother than original tuning. Not as "peaky".

I am also wondering if the tuning of the IM1 and IM1 Pro is different.

Again, yes, there are differences between the IM1 and IM1 Pro. The IM1 is tuned for drummers, IM1 Pro for guitarists. IM1 Pro focuses more between 2Khz and 5Khz, which is crucial for guitarists.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back